drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL sampler
Go to the bottom of this page FL sampler
Author

images/avatars/avatar-2938.jpg

Registration Date: 11-11-2009

please give me an advise.... is there any possibility of editing the lenght of sample? (I mean cutting start and end of sample) but not using edison?
12-11-2009 14:41
junglist06 junglist06 is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-2586.jpg

Registration Date: 12-09-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

you can use the in and out knobs on the precomputed effects on your sampler to some effect or you could open up wave traveller and edit your sample there. theres loads of other programs out there like cool edit pro

__
aka D-Man.....salute the junglist general
12-11-2009 18:05
Zugzwang Zugzwang is a male
Doin' it for the love

images/avatars/avatar-2932.jpg

Registration Date: 13-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

There's a trim knob if you need to get rid of a little silence infront of or at the end of a sample (some samples start half a second late for example, the trim knob fixes this).

However for more in-depth fixing I'm usually lazy and use the Fade In/Fade Out knobs because I hate loading Edison up. On some samples, more precise cuts are sometimes necessary.

Edison is a pretty powerful too though tbh.
12-11-2009 19:04
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Except if you load the sample in the playlist and then cut it - but somehow I assume you're not asking for this Big Grin

You can also edit the envelope on the sample (in the sampler channel) so that it ends after certain time (and not after the whole sample've been played), or while the note bar in the piano roll is present, and similar. The start time might be tricky, though.

I comply with Zugzwang that Edison is a mighty tool. After some initial familiarization, you find it pretty fast and easy way to do almost everything you can do with audio editors of pro rankings.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
12-11-2009 19:44 Homepage of Muad'Dib
izzi izzi is a male

images/avatars/avatar-2938.jpg

Registration Date: 11-11-2009

Thanks!Big Grin
I have another question....
I still cant find how to play the whole sample in FL browser. when I click on some sample it plays only beginning of the sample.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by izzi: 13-11-2009 01:31.

13-11-2009 01:30
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

It will always be like that bro... the playing of the sample in the browser is to help you find the right sample only. Make sure you know your samples pretty well, so you won't need to listen to them all the way in the browser.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
13-11-2009 02:07 Homepage of BattleDrone
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL sampler