drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » swine flu
Go to the bottom of this page swine flu 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

Big Grin Nah, I just like to throw the odd question and joke into the debates. I'm interested in these topics too, I just take a different view most of the time. Wink

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
28-10-2009 20:18 Homepage of Tomos
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
quote:
Originally posted by Greyone
but i do believe in a very fast raising in conciousness in the next 100s years + some kind of revolution + earthly changes + government/media action for distractioin)

+ more

Jesus mate. What would it take for you not to believe in something that isn't on David Icke's website? Big Grin Just kidding. Wink

i dont believe david icke his ideas .

conciousness is raising , always , but for me it seems that we spread our ideas fast , and that we are not only depended on mainstream media anymore , we also dont use much taboo's anymore and etc ...

revolution : well there are allways revolutions in time , more people disagree the monopolies of big companies and the steps the governments takes to 'help' people ... and we can do something about it , with the raising conciousness their should come something out of it soon , when its not too late

earthly changes , well as you might know , climate change is not only happening on earth , the magnetosphere of the earth and sun are changing , military doesnt report incoming meteors anymore since a few months , etc...

government media action for distraction , well , you wont hear news in the media unless its for their profit , to let people in fear , or to let the people do something they want , so if they would anounce something big like some catastophes or extraterrestrial pressence , it would be for their own good , and twisted from reality.

lets see for the following months what the 'news' will bring
28-10-2009 20:26
Astrocyte Astrocyte is a male
Chef 'n' Bass

images/avatars/avatar-2777.jpg

Registration Date: 24-09-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Just a few points to put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Sodium ethylmercurithiosalicylate (Thiomersal/Thimerosal) is used just as an antiseptic kinda thing for such injections as swine flu vaccinations. Basically it prevents any diseases/infections either at the site of administration or resulting from the vaccine itself.
There's no proof that it's dangerous to the over-2 year olds.

Squalene is an immunologic adjuvant, it enhances the body's immune response to the vaccine. In other words it increases the efficiency of the vaccine by jacking up your body's immuno-response to it.
It's not new, neither are any of the others used in almost every vaccine over the past however many years.

Oh an the guy who wrote this email is quite obviously NOT a qualified pharmacist, if he was then he should be struck off Big Grin

P.S - Please note I haven't yet expressed an opinion on swine flu, it's vaccine or any particular conspiracy theories Big Grin

With regards to the safety of Thiomersal OR Squalene, the jury is out. Apparently squalene has some links with Gulf War Syndrome (I don't know the details) and I definately wouldn't be happy immunising a toddler with a Thiomersal-containing vaccine (though this is not common practice now due to safety concerns).

Still, do your own research and come to your own conclusions as always, don't just read (faintly absurd) emails such as that and think "ooooh noooo evil evil".

Chances are, yes, there are probably evil shenanigans and awful skulduggery afoot just probably not in the way that you first thought.

Big Grin

Peace

__
Astrocyte - Kill em All, Track #10 from Team_174 "Off World" LP (FREE)
29-10-2009 00:31
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

did somebody here take the vaccine allready , or who is planning to get one ?
29-10-2009 18:04
demure demure is a male
mastication fo de nation

images/avatars/avatar-2837.jpeg

Registration Date: 22-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
LOL no chance as far as im concerned. i know 4 people who had swine flu
no shot
and they are just fine. i will take my chances ta very much. i been readin that its only if you have bronchitis or tb that it will kill ya
29-10-2009 18:28
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Phyella
Chances are, yes, there are probably evil shenanigans and awful skulduggery afoot just probably not in the way that you first thought.

ok in what way then? cheers for the insight, wouldnt you say that mercury is after all, poisonous? its not what is administered, its how ist done, if its an "antiseptic" as you claim, isnt it wrong injecting people with it? I thought its something put on the skin, not injected into the body

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
29-10-2009 18:37 Homepage of cynik
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Not that I'm being on topic or anything, but do any of you guys smoke?

Now there's a topic to be very concerned about. Not even the fact that it is useless filth being pulled into a persons lungs but also the amount of chemicals that are mixed into the tobacco to get and keep you addicted.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
29-10-2009 19:23 Homepage of BattleDrone
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

i only smoke in the weekends now , just because the alcohol reminds me to put one on Frown , its sad , but step by step i tend to smoke less (went from daily smoking 10 sigs )

and weekends without alcohol are rare Big Grin
30-10-2009 14:24
Zugzwang Zugzwang is a male
Doin' it for the love

images/avatars/avatar-2932.jpg

Registration Date: 13-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

quote:
nice post cynik

at my temporary work , there was a flu-vaccination , most people who took it got sick the day after , from others i heard it seemed to have bad effects (not feeling good) , and from others not from my work i heard some kids have gotten sick too.

Vaccines are designed to trigger an immune response in the body. The hope is that by injecting deactivated, dead, or small dosages of living organisms you want to be vaccinated against, your body will perceive it as a threat and trigger an immune response. After your body triggers an immune response, certain T cells remain to remember what your body has attacked before so if it ever sees the organisms it defended against, an immune response will trigger faster and much better than the first time your body perceived the threat. Essentially your body does a safety drill so that it is prepared for the real thing.

But basically because the vaccine triggers an immune response, that is why people sometimes get sick from taking it.

Now I'm just going to noodle about other stuff that was in the thread. Big Grin

Whatever is in the vaccine will be attacked by your body, and this is theoretically how auto-immune diseases can develop after shots. If there is a substance in your body that also happened to be attacked because it was in the vaccine, your body might perceive that substance all over your body to be a threat and attack it. And there you have the auto-immune disease, whether or not there was actually anything dangerous in the vaccine.

Everyone is different and you don't know what the vaccine will do to a person or how much it will help.

Anyways, you can avoid getting the flu by other means besides getting shots. Wash your hands often, never touch your eyes, nose, ears or mouth especially if you have been in contact with people or public objects like door handles or shopping carts, you can wear a mask if you are worried about it being airborne in respiratory droplets (although you would have to practically be coughed or sneezed on), try not to touch things in public you don't have to or lean on things (again, wash your hands often for at least thirty seconds with soap and hot water per wash), don't shake hands with people etc.

Some people think the only way they will be safe from the flu is by getting shots, and they are wrong. Vaccines just help your body prepare for the flu if you get it, they don't actually keep you from getting it.
01-11-2009 11:53
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by Zugzwang
never touch your eyes, nose, ears or mouth especially if you have been in contact with people or public objects like door handles or shopping carts

Good post.

Being the nervous hyperactive person I am I fail at this... Big Grin

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
01-11-2009 12:44 Homepage of BattleDrone
Doin' it for the love

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
quote:
Originally posted by Zugzwang
never touch your eyes, nose, ears or mouth especially if you have been in contact with people or public objects like door handles or shopping carts

Good post.

Being the nervous hyperactive person I am I fail at this... Big Grin

Big Grin

In that case wash your hands as much as you can when you are out and about or carry some hand sanitizer at the very least. Antibacterial agents aren't a good thing to use if you can avoid them but that's another subject entirely.
02-11-2009 00:18
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

wear gloves. better yet, dont go out at all

__
02-11-2009 13:33 Homepage of cynik
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

after a number of debates with various doctors and chemists I heard I can say that Thiomerisol does contain mercury which is very bad for you. its in form of ethyl-mercury

other harmful components are squaleene (spelling), polisorbate 80 which is an agent which is prohibited in many countries under suspicion it causes sterility, calium chloride is a neurotoxin and it damages nerves.

there are many disputes over these vaccines

__
08-11-2009 10:12 Homepage of cynik
Doin' it for the love

Helpfulness rating: 

I'd say don't get the vaccine for one reason: better safe than sorry.

Give me the flu over chemo-neurological issues any day.
10-11-2009 10:03
junglist06 junglist06 is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-2586.jpg

Registration Date: 12-09-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by demure
quote:
LOL no chance as far as im concerned. i know 4 people who had swine flu
no shot
and they are just fine. i will take my chances ta very much. i been readin that its only if you have bronchitis or tb that it will kill ya

i had swine flu in august only lasted 3 days roughly first day i felt fine pretty much, almost a little bit hungover, coughing a bit but was well enough to work on sum beats all day Drummer 2nd day few aches and pains coughing and as goin hot and cold a lil bit and the 3rd was the same as the 1st day really. but i was out of bed doing stuff throughout having it, walkin the dig n that n i didnt bother takin that tammy flu stuff. i got it off my house mate, he had it a bit worse, he was in bed for a couple of days

__
aka D-Man.....salute the junglist general
06-12-2009 02:29
Puzzle Puzzle is a male
..zebra?

images/avatars/avatar-2746.gif

Registration Date: 27-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

Got the vaccine a few weeks ago. And here I am, still making beats. Tongue

__
SoundCloud