drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Windows 7 is out: what will you do?
Poll: Your opinion on Windows 7....
XP forever 11 25.00%
I already run it 8 18.18%
I'll wait... 6 13.64%
I'm scared that it will mean driver problems 6 13.64%
When I buy my next PC 6 13.64%
I'll get a funny version 3 6.82%
It's still Vista, but with a new name 3 6.82%
Vista forever 1 2.27%
OSX forever 0 0.00%
Total: 44 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Windows 7 is out: what will you do?
Author
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

You may select up to 3 different answers...

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
27-10-2009 09:01 Homepage of BattleDrone
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

I am actually considering buying it. My copy of Vista has playing up recently. If I do a system restore back to May, it works fine, but as soon as it updates.... Devil

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
27-10-2009 09:42
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

I've heard that under the hood its exactly the same as vista.

Only difference being cosmetic alterations such as the snap feature and touch screen support.

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

27-10-2009 09:49 Homepage of D2o
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

this is what some gezzer from cakewalk sonar thought of w.7.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/09/29...inally-dump-xp/

__
m-ej is taking a few steps back from forum life.
27-10-2009 09:50
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

quote:
Originally posted by marc_ej
this is what some gezzer from cakewalk sonar thought of w.7.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/09/29...inally-dump-xp/

hmmm, perhaps I heard wrong lol

will have a thorough read of that later Big Grin

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

27-10-2009 09:54 Homepage of D2o
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

xp is still the daddy tho, no hassles computing is wot we like.

__
27-10-2009 10:11
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

I'm running it at the moment. Very cool to look at, loads up in incredibly fast time too.

NO problems with it so far, but as with XP i always change the layout to look like Windows 98 Classic View! Big Grin

__
My Sounds
27-10-2009 10:50
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Wait for SP 1 or 2? Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
27-10-2009 10:57 Homepage of Muad'Dib
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost
I've heard that under the hood its exactly the same as vista.

Only difference being cosmetic alterations such as the snap feature and touch screen support.

not at all, it looks the same but all those flashy gimmicks are now performed by your graphic card - meaning more cpu power for programs.

Ive betatested it and it runs great. drivers are now easy to find too

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
27-10-2009 11:07 Homepage of cynik
LPF

Registration Date: 26-10-2009

My new laptop had Vista on it but the other day got pissed off with it's clunkyness and reinstalled XP... for some reason it erased my backup drive and lost all my brought sample backs which were downloaded, backed up to flash drives and now they don't work. I lost everything but glad to be back on XP, it seems less hassle and is straight forward computing in my opinion.
27-10-2009 12:17
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by Glim
I'm running it at the moment. Very cool to look at, loads up in incredibly fast time too.

NO problems with it so far, but as with XP i always change the layout to look like Windows 98 Classic View! Big Grin

Glim - Stuck In The Late Nineties Happy

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
27-10-2009 13:12 Homepage of BattleDrone
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

quote:
i run XP with the layout to look like Windows 98 Classic View! Big Grin

snap mate Big Grin

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

27-10-2009 15:00 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

who voted for "its still vista" lol

that is being stupid with confidence

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
27-10-2009 15:04 Homepage of cynik
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

quote:
Originally posted by CULTURE BOY
quote:
i run XP with the layout to look like Windows 98 Classic View! Big Grin

snap mate Big Grin

Me too Smile

Running Vista with Classic start menu & a plain & simple black desktop.
No hassle, no fuss.

As for Windows 7, my uncle works for ms networks or some shite so he gets stuff for free. (might tax him for a free copy of it)

I was gonna try the RC version a while back but decided to wait for the official version.
(still not sure if I wanna upgrade this wanky Spanish laptop to W7 mind or wait for a new laptop (next year probably))

Anyway my uncle told me that it's quite like vista except the key difference being that they cut cpu use and all that bollox in half (meaning yay more fucking cpu/ram for us to use on Combi's (for us Reason people that is) Wink

Also I looked at loads of peoples discussions about XP/Vista/W7 a wee while back ... 80% of people said if you have windows XP don't bother upgrading unless you have Vista; cause well everyone knows Vista is wank. (myself included seeing as I run the bloody thing)

Oh yeah watch out for Profile Errors on Vista it can happen randomly so it said when I looked it up.

Happened to me not too long back for no reason at all, kept loading up a temp profile when I logged onto windows and when you shutdown/restart it doesn't save anything you did that session Frown

Also it can move around / remove files !!!

ok fuck it long bullshit rant / discussion / public engagement over Wink

0ot Shakeshark

__

27-10-2009 16:01 Homepage of Sentinel
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

an operating system should do just that "operate".
if you want flashy shit get a mac.

__
27-10-2009 17:36
c0rksteria c0rksteria is a male
Blazed Bandits

Registration Date: 20-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

it does have some simularites to vista yes but only as a base to start on otherwise it would take them forewver to recode it again. Windows 7 is brilliant it is the best windows mirosoft have ever made, i am all for win xp well now its stable and sp2 and sp3'd but i promise you it is the most stable, the best and the most backward compataible ever ive had the chance to run w7 ultimate on a developer licence ( a copy with a time bomb in) and it worked lovelly it was even pre rtm build nothing was incompatiable or ran with issues ut obveously i cannot swear on every driver and hardware rpoduct in the world, a couple of things i put xp drivers on and they worked although i donot advise this, use at your own risk etc.

For all you xp lovers cryptics, this is the ultimate windows, buy it upgrade it what ever it even uses less resources than vista and is compatiable on and with a wider variety of software and hardware. I really really truly do from one producer to another recommend this with 10/10. But thoe, only upgrade if you fell you really need to... i do not need to, i purely built my pc for media and ive bought all my media software il ever need and it was all windows xp logo signed so im sticking with it you know.
28-10-2009 12:30
Blazed Bandits

Helpfulness rating: 

oh and like with every windows post windows 2000, run in classic mode! ;-), teletubbie land (xp) vista aero ( is alirte but so resource hungry) 7 aero ( adult teletubbie) is not how we like, it also wokrs better anduse slightly less resources in classic mode.
28-10-2009 12:34
Blazed Bandits

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
Wait for SP 1 or 2? Big Grin

I wouldnt bother mate, microsoft release so many updates bud its not worth it, i assure you itis more stable than anyother windows version even with all the current updates and sp's. As with previous versions, like i said theres so many updates if you do ever have to reformat you pc, you obveously would loose any patches post your windows build version. So the trick is mate to "slipstream" any updates you have downloaded into an new disc image, (or the service packs atleast) that way when you have to reinstall, with the one cd, you windows is installed and updated with all updates upto when you made the slipstreamed cd. This process is fully legal, however obveously you must own the original cd, and authentic licence key. This process also does not mean you now have two cds so can install on two machines, the amount of machines you may install the version on is the same that is stated with your orignal licence key...

Obveously thoe, the biggest and badest trick in the book is imaging, make an image of your pc when you have installed the 20gig smaplelibary, the million daw and wave editors, vst fx etc then when you install that image after complete system failure, it would be as your desktop was when you made the image. Brilliant itis, fits on 6dvd my pc image, however recently bought a bluray writer and it now fits on one bd disk. 50gb ona disk....mmm.... dirty, bluray player for my car im thinking! The best way to image thoe is to when you make the image, do it onto a second hardrive, its easier and faster......
30-10-2009 00:15
Vectrex Vectrex is a male
Benzin

images/avatars/avatar-2991.jpg

Registration Date: 05-02-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate. I installed 'cause it just was time to reinstall my laptop, I had a copy of it and didn't want to reinstall vista. Windows 7 runs really smooth and has a better workflow as Vista in my opinion. I feels like just a more stable, intiutive and perhaps "more fashionable" version of Vista. But above all it runs Cubase 5 and FL9 without any problems, and in fact that's all it has to do! Wink

Only thing that I didn't get to work under Windows 7 was Daemon Tools, the driver for the virtual drive gave me a BSOD, twice! (Instead installed VirtualCloneDrive which worked fine). All my other drivers I got directly from the HP and Edirol site!

__
Vectrex on Soundcloud
Vectrex on Facebook

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Vectrex: 05-11-2009 11:21.

05-11-2009 11:17 Homepage of Vectrex
Blazed Bandits

Helpfulness rating: 

Daemon tools works fine mate, too eager didnt wait for it to support 7??..... lol.
09-11-2009 20:33
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Windows 7 is out: what will you do?