drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Massive VST crashes FL Studio (Very big shit mates...)
Go to the bottom of this page Massive VST crashes FL Studio (Very big shit mates...)
Author
I <3 DNB

images/avatars/avatar-2816.gif

Registration Date: 21-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by c0rksteria

Buy the software you use!!!
I own massive it works lovelly with my owned fl studio and reason 4

Stop trolling, EVERYONE knows that reason doesn't work with vst plugins. And I think you'll find that most of the people on this forum can't afford to buy every piece of software they use, we're not all as rich as you Shakeshark

__
Proudly the .BE's FOURTH youngest member Big Grin (behind puzzle, age break & jeffijoe)

14-12-2009 02:45 Homepage of Z Day
demure demure is a male
mastication fo de nation

images/avatars/avatar-2837.jpeg

Registration Date: 22-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

native instruments stuff is notorious for the time bomb issue amongst certain scene releases, if your going to use NI stuff go with team air, i had fm8 installed for ages by them and it worked everytime in every host i tried it on. as for all the anti piracy i think battle hit it on the head, 179 pounds for something you cant see or touch, its completely insane, i could get a working car for that price (might be a banger, but at least its somethin to show for my money.) ridiculous prices for somethin that has no physical worth = defying common sense. programs like reaper and renoise are nice and cheap and justify their pricetags, which are about 600% cheaper than the sequencers that are commonly used, and imo they beat them hands down for things like functionality, practicality, workflow etc. imo if its over 200 quid and you buy it more fool you, unless of course it will wash your pots when you have finished your dinner too Teeth
14-12-2009 13:58
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Native Instruments should rename to Native Crash.
No wonder they had to release v1.1.3 of Massive, so many fuckups.
I refuse to use that plugin, it's not worth the money if it keeps crashing and all the workarounds might do the trick, but it's pretty lame if you need workarounds for a a VST.

Typical workaround: uninstall massive, clean the registry (manually, remove all entries that point to NI massive) reinstall massive, run the stand-alone version.
Then try again in your DAW. This is a typical solution NI suggests on their forum (for paying customers). No matter how good a plugin is, if you need this to keep using it, it is not value for money but a goddamn rip off.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
14-12-2009 14:57 Homepage of BattleDrone
jeffijoe jeffijoe is a male
xSky

images/avatars/avatar-3448.gif

Registration Date: 15-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Native Instruments should rename to Native Crash.
No wonder they had to release v1.1.3 of Massive, so many fuckups.
I refuse to use that plugin, it's not worth the money if it keeps crashing and all the workarounds might do the trick, but it's pretty lame if you need workarounds for a a VST.

Typical workaround: uninstall massive, clean the registry (manually, remove all entries that point to NI massive) reinstall massive, run the stand-alone version.
Then try again in your DAW. This is a typical solution NI suggests on their forum (for paying customers). No matter how good a plugin is, if you need this to keep using it, it is not value for money but a goddamn rip off.

Amen, brother.

Massive has recenlty started crashing on me, too. z3ta+ = Ripoff. Absynth = Didnt check price, its cracked. Nexus = overpriced, tho I have V1.4.

Teams suchs as AiR and H2O encourage you to buy the stuff they have cracked for you. Maybe they crack it, so you can experience the whole VST without limi-fucking-tations, and maybe on purpose, didn't take their time to fix a crash or 2.

Oh, and my Windows 7 upgrade was free, tho I did not crack it. It was a "Buy a Windows Shitsta, get a free Windows 7 upgrade" kinda deal.

__
--- My Soundcloud ---
Jeffijoe - Distance EP [CrossBase]

17-12-2009 20:37 Homepage of jeffijoe
c0rksteria c0rksteria is a male
Blazed Bandits

Registration Date: 20-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Z Day
quote:
Originally posted by c0rksteria

Buy the software you use!!!
I own massive it works lovelly with my owned fl studio and reason 4

Stop trolling, EVERYONE knows that reason doesn't work with vst plugins. And I think you'll find that most of the people on this forum can't afford to buy every piece of software they use, we're not all as rich as you Shakeshark

Heard of rewire? or dont you get that in the pirate version?!.... Im not rich either, i just save, and for a very long time mite i add so you dont get any respect from me mate. I got a shit job, i was a student, ive got a mortage two kids and a dog or two... ive bought everything i use. What do you spend your money on mate? so like if i wanted a buggati veyron, for 1000000 which i cant afford, it would be alrite to steal it and park it outside my house act asif its mine yeah? Theres a fair few of you on here touchy about piracy, i suggest you dont comment on anything to do with it, and defintly suggest you dont go in favor of it.
28-12-2009 15:57
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Reinstall massive. Then run the stand alone version of Massive first.
Next use it in FL studio. Problem solved.

but what if the stand alone version does the same thing?:S

__

The One - Age Break
15-05-2010 18:48
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

Iv got an idea to stop all this piracy talk........ Why don't you **** *** ****** ** ******* ***** corkster u *****ker

***Censored***

__
buy the ticket take the ride
15-05-2010 21:13
ogenic ogenic is a male
old skool fools with new skool tools

images/avatars/avatar-2978.gif

Registration Date: 25-08-2008

Helpfulness rating: 

If you get something for free and it stops working, bin it. I aint gonna get into the buy or not buy bullshit. Massive is a subtractive synth and there are lots out there, you could try other ones. If you made your own presets then you learnt how to program a subtractive synth, use that knowledge with another synth. Massive aint that great imo.
It makes me laugh when I hear "you wont make any money from dnb" as a reason for not buying say a vst/i, then telling "newbies" they need £500 monitors....btw if my mum brought my music, I'd know I was doing something wrong!!!!

WORD TO YOUR MOTHER!!!!

__
OGENIC
Drummer
15-05-2010 23:41
Knogslag Knogslag is a male

images/avatars/avatar-3064.jpg

Registration Date: 08-04-2010

quote:
Originally posted by TTT31
it crash to desktop without any eror mesage, i think that it is in nexus with Massive plugin... if i unistal it , crashes stop.. that is pitty i want to use massive :-D

Sounds like its an "cracked" version?

__
- a one man army. -
16-05-2010 08:24 Homepage of Knogslag
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by Knogslag
quote:
Originally posted by TTT31
it crash to desktop without any eror mesage, i think that it is in nexus with Massive plugin... if i unistal it , crashes stop.. that is pitty i want to use massive :-D

Sounds like its an "cracked" version?

So you are one of those 10 people in the world who believe cracked stuff is worse than non-cracked stuff? It's a known fuckup in Massive which got covered on their forum. It's a nice synth, but it has some "issues".

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
16-05-2010 11:16 Homepage of BattleDrone
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Calm down everyone,

of course people should buy stuff they use. There is also another position: when people have a monthly wage of 200 euros, they SURELY WON'T buy something worth their whole wage! There are people that live with 50 euros a month and trying to tie the ends with food, medical care and apartment rents - I won't expect them throwing much money to audio programs or music. And we all know how the rich - poor societies discrepancy was created. So I am glad there are people that crack the programs and pirate the music.

Of course, when you become pro and earn money out of your music, THEN you should buy all the programs you use.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
16-05-2010 14:59 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Offki Offki is a male

Registration Date: 09-11-2010

Hey, it's to with the corruption of the massive DB

go here (XP)

E:\Documents and Settings\******\Local Settings\Application Data\Native Instruments\Massive

and delete this file

NIMassiveDataBase_ul

The file starts off at 24kb but mine was over 1mb when deleted.

Then it works fine.
09-11-2010 22:10
djsm
Producer

Registration Date: 11-10-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.67

do you know where it might be hidden at???
09-01-2011 06:36
jjcontramus

Registration Date: 09-04-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Offki
Hey, it's to with the corruption of the massive DB

go here (XP)

E:\Documents and Settings\******\Local Settings\Application Data\Native Instruments\Massive

and delete this file

NIMassiveDataBase_ul

The file starts off at 24kb but mine was over 1mb when deleted.

Then it works fine.

Thanks a million, such an easy solution, but took me hours of trying to find a work around before I found your solution. I use windows 7 so that file is located at:

D:\Users\*****|Appdata\Local\Native Instruments
09-04-2011 21:01
tabache

Registration Date: 20-09-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Vectrex
It's the massive database file that crashes fl studio (or any other daw when you're using a pirated version). you can manually remove the database file in
C:\Users\[Your Account]\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Massive\

There is only one file in that folder (you'll have to set unvisible maps to visible). Just delete it and restart FLStudio. It should work. Every 2 weeks or so Massive crashes again but then just delete the file again. I'm using Massive more than a year this way.

I LOVE YOU.
20-09-2011 00:28
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Massive VST crashes FL Studio (Very big shit mates...)