drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » how to: Bass sound in "cut off" from Future Signal
Go to the bottom of this page how to: Bass sound in "cut off" from Future Signal
Author

Registration Date: 08-10-2009

Hi guys ,
just registered today. Want to thanks everybody for this forum. There are so many interesting threads!
I'm from Italy, part of the Sochopatix recordings..i've started producing 3 years ago and onestly this forum helped me soooo much!

I'm using reason, cubase and sometimes Ableton.

I'm trying to create a bass sound like the one in "cut off" from Future Signal. Let's say it's a classic neuro bass but onestly i cant do it, especially in that kind of punchness (eq better mids?)

Can someone help me?
Will appreciate it!

Big up guys.

Elvis
Scptx

EDIT:

i add the link....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qalch576dcM

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Elvis: 08-10-2009 20:20.

08-10-2009 12:16
Phalanx Phalanx is a male
Chronologic

images/avatars/avatar-2536.gif

Registration Date: 13-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Cheers man,

Welcome to the .be, where in Italy are you from? I'm studying in Firenze right now.

__
http://soundcloud.com/chronologic
08-10-2009 22:38 Homepage of Phalanx
Elvis

cheers phalanx!
i live near venice....have been in firenze first time in march. its fantastic, awesome food! lucky man! ehehehehe!

have you checked dnbmovement.it?

suggestion guys???
09-10-2009 07:47
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Will look at the vid when I get home...

Elvis lives....
Big Grin

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
09-10-2009 09:26 Homepage of BattleDrone
Elvis

ahahaha yeah man he's aliveeeeeeeeeeeeee!
with another hair cut LOL!
Devil
09-10-2009 10:12
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

ez mate, welcome to dotbe Big Grin if u haven't read this thread might be worth checking out if you're lookin for that neuro sound:

Yet another twisty bass 'tutorial'

i think the key is really in learning how to shape your sound, u can acheive this by first learning the basics of synthesis, what waveforms work best for you and how to shape them using various filters, envelopes, lfos and more modulations. also don't forget the various types of fx processing at ur disposal (the scream distortion unit in Reason is sweeeeet once u get ur head round it), chorus / flange / phaser / saturation and so on

anyways resampling can help chunk up ur bass and get more movement in there - experimentation is key! Bigup

__

09-10-2009 12:00 Homepage of Ketz
Elvis

quote:
Originally posted by Ketz
ez mate, welcome to dotbe Big Grin if u haven't read this thread might be worth checking out if you're lookin for that neuro sound:

Yet another twisty bass 'tutorial'

i think the key is really in learning how to shape your sound, u can acheive this by first learning the basics of synthesis, what waveforms work best for you and how to shape them using various filters, envelopes, lfos and more modulations. also don't forget the various types of fx processing at ur disposal (the scream distortion unit in Reason is sweeeeet once u get ur head round it), chorus / flange / phaser / saturation and so on

anyways resampling can help chunk up ur bass and get more movement in there - experimentation is key! Bigup

first of all thanks to everyone...

big up ketz for you tunes.
i dont want to seems like the guy who wanted the formula for the perfect sound Wink
nice advices,when i go home i'll try what u told me (especially resampling)
thanks!
09-10-2009 16:06
future signal

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

Hey man,

That bass is made from a resampled reece noise, pretty distorted if i remember correctly then put through an automated bandpass in kontakt for the movement.

give that a go.... see how you get on.

FS
26-10-2009 22:09
Zugzwang Zugzwang is a male
Doin' it for the love

images/avatars/avatar-2932.jpg

Registration Date: 13-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

Holy shit good to have you visiting the forums! Thanks for the insight!

Keep up the nastiness FS!
26-10-2009 22:33
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » how to: Bass sound in "cut off" from Future Signal