drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » TC Powercore Firewire + Novation V-Station and Access Virus plugins
Go to the bottom of this page TC Powercore Firewire + Novation V-Station and Access Virus plugins
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

The Powercore is a DSP platform released by the renowned european pro audio manufacturer TC Electronic. Their PCI version was already available for some time and has gained a lot of support from well-known plugin manufacturers such as Sony Oxford and Waldorf.

They have now released a new external unit with Firewire connection for laptops which offer a lot of dedicated Motorola DSP power to enable you to run a lot of powerful plugins, while keeping the computer's CPU free for doing other things (or running even more plugins Big Grin )

The Novation V-Station, a plugin version of their hardware K-Station is now going to be released for the TC Electronic Powercore DSP platform.

Novation has a long history of releasing powerful and good sounding virtual analog hardware synths. I own two of their classic models (the BassStation and DrumStation) which I still like a lot today. They have moved into making software synths recently with the V-Station for VST, but now that this plugin is also available for Powercore both the plugin and the DSP card get even more interesting.

Access has also ported their Virus synth to Powercore! This is currently one of the most interesting and phat sounding synths on the market, and it's great that it gets a Powercore release.
It's based on the Virus Indigo, and has 3 oscillators, 2 filters and 3 LFOs per voice, a very powerful modulation matrix, some serious effects possibilities, a vocoder and one of the best arpeggiators I've ever used.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
14-04-2004 14:32 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Like the V-Station, exellent sound!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

14-04-2004 14:59 Homepage of Surya
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » TC Powercore Firewire + Novation V-Station and Access Virus plugins