drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » The Scientist (My Cover) - Anyone got 5 mins to listen?
Go to the bottom of this page The Scientist (My Cover) - Anyone got 5 mins to listen?
Author
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

Evening all..

Would you be so kind as to quickly listen to this cover i've done in Cubase of Coldplay's 'The Scientist' :

http://www.speedyshare.com/181137981.html

The driving piano in this track can get me very emotional when playing it, i tend to drift off, thinking about my past, my wasted youth, the many mistakes i've made, the things that i've done that i'm proud of, basically i'm very fond of this track, but not a huge Coldplay fan!

This cover came about quite unexpectedly, as with most generes outside of DnB i cant help stumbling into recording covers of favourite tunes, why can't Ii actually record original material, when i do the stuff makes me cringe, i know, don't give up your day job Glim.

Anyway I would be grateful to hear you feedback in any shape or form.

I recorded everything myself as I'm borrowing my step dad's electric drum kit, had it 2 days and starting to get the hang of it, i'm going to save up for one, mind you I'll be a Dad in 1 month so maybe not a good choice to spend my hard earned cash on!..

Thanks for any feed back..
Glim Wink

__
My Sounds
29-09-2009 19:48
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

Hey mate, nice vocals! Why haven't we seen you on X Factor yet? Big Grin

Seriously tho, I'm impressed. The only thing I'd change would be to add some reverb to the vocals to give them a touch more atmosphere, particularly as the tune progresses.

There's some slight timing issues, which are most noticable around the 3.40 mark. But it's still pretty tight considering you've done the whole thing yourself.

Well done mate. I look forward to your tunes these days, which is why I tend to respond to them and write quick responses. More please captain. Cool Bigup

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
29-09-2009 20:28 Homepage of Tomos
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

Tomos you legend!!

Thanks for the feedback mate, it's much appreciated. Smile

Yes there are timing issues, I've only been using this electric drum kit for a couple of days, but i have the 'drummers' bug already!!

I Can't describe the feeling when playing the drums, i think I've stumbled into another passion!!

Nice to know someone like you with your talent has listened to it, cheers mate, means alot, i didn't expect alot of replies uploading this to a DnB site but I was hopeful some headz would appreciate it..

Thanks again buddy...

Take it easy

Martin.

Wink

__
My Sounds
01-10-2009 00:27
Puzzle Puzzle is a male
..zebra?

images/avatars/avatar-2746.gif

Registration Date: 27-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

Yeah I'm impressed as well - the sound of the drums is the only thing that I don't like that much, but thats not your fault anyways Big Grin

Bigup

__
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube
01-10-2009 17:12 Homepage of Puzzle
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » The Scientist (My Cover) - Anyone got 5 mins to listen?