drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » question about BASS (drum, line, etc.)
Go to the bottom of this page question about BASS (drum, line, etc.)
Author
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2915.jpg

Registration Date: 07-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

hi EVERYone! Big Grin

as i am currently working on a new track... the "bass question" just hit my mind. Huh

i got two drumloops playing, the first one i use as the main drumloop, the second one i use to keep the track going (aka ghost notes).

but...
the first drumloop has a VERY bassy and massive bassdrum. (i love it, but...) now im afraid that there might be too much bass, as i have the other drumloop playing and also the deep bassline. (it sounds fine on my studiophile dx4 monitors, but playing it on my jvc RV-NB10W might be too much... i always imagine my tracks playing at a club having too much bass).

so if i think my song is too bassy, i can make room by (for example) turning the LOW SHELF GAIN of the furst drumloop to -2,3 dB, while the LOW SHELF GAIN of the other drumloop is runnning is +2,3 dB. the LOW SHELF GAIN of the bassline itself is left unchanged but compressed a little.

or how do you guys work on bass???

thanks,
chris Drummer

__
"Music is a Place to take Refuge. It's a Sanctuary from Mediocrity and Boredom. It's Innocent and it's a Place you can loose yourself in Thoughts, Memories and Intricacies." (Lisa Gerrard)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Punchinello: 13-09-2009 16:00.

13-09-2009 15:59 Homepage of Punchinello
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

Erm... Side chaining?

I'm pissed, so might not of understood the question properly, sorry Big Grin

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
13-09-2009 16:07
Punchinello Punchinello is a male
Tourist

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah, sidechaining is done but somehow i think it might be too much bass altogether. so i am think the problem might be solved via equalizing...

if you have an email, ill send you the loop, so you can take a listen. maybe its ok. until now its just me lsitening to it...
and sometimes my tinnitus makes producing quiet challenging. Devil

i havent been pissed for a while now.
still good for getting into the flow on the dancefloor??? Drummer

__
"Music is a Place to take Refuge. It's a Sanctuary from Mediocrity and Boredom. It's Innocent and it's a Place you can loose yourself in Thoughts, Memories and Intricacies." (Lisa Gerrard)
13-09-2009 16:16 Homepage of Punchinello
TTT31
Producer

Registration Date: 24-08-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.00

ztry boost each bass in a little diferent freq. and use filtering to remove so manyy low freq...

and have masteringsuite turn off while you compose your track it can help too
14-09-2009 20:45
Punchinello Punchinello is a male
Tourist

Helpfulness rating: 

ok ill try that.
thanks!!!

__
14-09-2009 23:13 Homepage of Punchinello
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » question about BASS (drum, line, etc.)