drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Studio 9 released!
Go to the bottom of this page FL Studio 9 released!
Author
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Introducing FL Studio 9

FL Studio 9 is a complete software music production environment, representing the culmination of more than 10 years of sustained & focused development. FL9 is the fastest way from your brain to your speakers.

What is FL9?

FL Studio is a full-featured, open architecture, music production environment capable of audio recording, composing, sequencing and mixing, for the creation of professional quality music. The FL Studio philosophy is creative freedom:

Free your audio - Instruments can be routed to any mixer track. Each mixer track can receive audio from any number of instruments, any number of other mixer tracks and a soundcard input. Further, mixer track outputs allow sending audio to any other mixer track and a soundcard output.

Free your mind - Choose your preferred workflow, compose using the step-sequencer or piano roll. Create in pattern or track mode, then arrange your ideas in the free ‘palette’ Playlist. The Playlist presents timeline as a virtual ‘canvas’ where each Playlist track can simultaneously hold any number of score, audio and automation events. Now that’s freedom.

Instruments

Make virtually any sound - FL9 includes over 30 software synthesizers covering acoustic/synthetic bass, electric guitar, multi-sampler tools including piano & strings, general sample playback and beat-slicing (With Rex 1 & 2 support).

Synthesis techniques - span subtractive, modelling, FM, RM, granular and additive. With the addition of FL SynthMaker you can further create & share your own FL instruments, effects & MIDI control dashboards without the need to write basic code. ...

Continues on their page:
http://flstudio.image-line.com/documents/whatsnew.html
and
http://www.image-line.com/documents/news...y_id=1252489546

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
09-09-2009 18:17 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

And the only mirror available sucks -_-
I haven't been able to download it after 3 times. Admitted, I am on a crappy connection, but I can download other things without problems. The mirror is slooooooooow
It just stops at like 120mb or so, or 150mb,... damned!

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
09-09-2009 19:37 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

Yeah, noticed the same myself. But it will be available in some time on torrents etc.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
09-09-2009 21:06 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Liquid Funkateer

Helpfulness rating: 

There's some other links available now on their forums

I got FL9 now, the demosong is made by Zircon, you may or may not know him but he's a very talented artist, the song that was made the demosong isn't a dnbsong, but he has recently released "Mass Media Constant" which is and entire album of wicked dnb tunes :-)

I was happy too see they picked him for the demosong

FL9 isn't really cracking up of new features, at least not many that I'll be using.

But very wicked of imageline is that if you download your new regcode as an owner of FL Studio Producer edition you will unlock (for free) SimSynth Live, Wasp, and some other synths that weren't included in the producer edition before :-)

That's really cool, SimSynth I like a lot it creates instant warm sound and Wasp is used a lot by a friend of mine for dnb tunes, so I really love this :-) I don't think I'll be using fl9 really soon though :p

AND

They're releasing a new synth called Sakura soon!
It looks awesome: http://www.image-line.com/documents/sakura.html

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Crispy Liquids: 09-09-2009 23:03.

09-09-2009 22:08 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Still no Automatic delay compensation?
Then I'm sticking with 7

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
09-09-2009 23:50 Homepage of BattleDrone
wrm
orchestral/idm/deep/liquid/experi/mental

images/avatars/avatar-2659.jpg

Registration Date: 13-09-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Downloaded demo and testing...its has some minor disadvantages for me so far...

__
___ Visit MYspace ___
10-09-2009 00:00 Homepage of wrm
Liquid Funkateer

Helpfulness rating: 

The new vocodex and stereo shaper are really nice additions though!
I hate how they forced pattern blocks to the bottom (but it's scrollable now...), and how it all seems to be more visual. FLoopers can't be bothered with the looks of FL Studio, otherwise they would've gotten anything except FL :p

FL9 also has enhanced multicore support for generators & completely new is multicore processing for effects. So it should perform better in large projects than FL8.

__

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Crispy Liquids: 10-09-2009 00:44.

10-09-2009 00:42 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
wrm
orchestral/idm/deep/liquid/experi/mental

images/avatars/avatar-2659.jpg

Registration Date: 13-09-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Crispy Liquids
I hate how they forced pattern blocks to the bottom (but it's scrollable now...),

Pissed me off too...FL8 have a possibily to switch the windows...FL9 somehow doesnt have it, or I cant find it...

__
___ Visit MYspace ___
10-09-2009 15:49 Homepage of wrm
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

No, they turned that option off. Pissed me off too. They are constantly forcing the pattern blocks away. Idiots.

BTW, BD, what exactly do you mean by this:

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Still no Automatic delay compensation?
Then I'm sticking with 7

I don't know about what delay compensation you are writing.

__

-Bene Gesserit
10-09-2009 16:28 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

BD, stop ignoring me for this question.

__

-Bene Gesserit
11-09-2009 18:53 Homepage of Muad'Dib
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Studio 9 released!