drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » No vote without reveiw maybe???
Go to the bottom of this page No vote without reveiw maybe???
Author
myspace.com/ anarkyproductions

Registration Date: 02-08-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 2.50

Safe people.i jus had a thought as iv put a tune up n its had 2 votes but no reveiws-it really f$cks me off as the ratins are low but i havent received feedbak on wot to improve/work on!duno if this ever gets on ne 1 elses nerves? newayz my suggestion wud be to have a no reveiw/no vote policy introduced to this website as i bleev that y most of us on ere-2 get feedbak/critisiscms an improve on them n get better. newayz if no ones feelin this idea then safe newayz-jus a fort! safe.anarky

__
Spliff
19-08-2009 19:04 Homepage of Anarky
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

totally agree Anarchy. It has really annoyed me a few times when I have been given minimum marks with no comments. Huh Saying that, I have been told that 'unusual votes' are not included in the score.

Personally, I don't score a track without giving a review. I just don't see the point, unless it is sabotage... Mad

Also, I would like to add, I tend to review peoples tracks who have reviewed mine, I have also noticed some people reviewing mine, that probably wouldn't of if I hadn't reviewed there track. Swing and roundabouts really, innit! Big Grin

I do also notice that there are a few regular uploaders that I have reviewed quite a few times and I have never seen them review any tracks, never mind mine. Pretty sad really. You know who you are. To one them, that isn't why I gave ya new track a shit review, it just was pretty naff... Huh Bet a few of you are paranoid now Big Grin

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by brucifer: 20-08-2009 09:00.

20-08-2009 08:40
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Excuse me, I reviewed the tune, rather short, but it's all there.
If you want to forbid people to vote without writing reviews then there will be less votes. The best way to get (a lot of) reviews is to give (a lot of) reviews.
Whenever I upload a tune I get tons of reviews but I review 80% of all tunes that get uploaded on here.

I understand what happened though, in this case it is pretty hard to say what is wrong with the tune, but I'll give it a try....

Tune starts of great, but then an extra snare gets added every here and there, which is a bad idea. There are lots of little things going on, but they don't add up to the overall quality of the track. The mid bass suddenly takes a dive which sounds weird and bad.

Drop: The same dive from the mid bass is repeated in here, it ruins the vibe.
First drop ends with a drum build up (building tension) and then pads (zero tension) ---> WTF, this gets repeated several times. Lots of FX going on, leading nowhere. The bassline played doesn't have enough tension to uproar a dancing crowd, I think it's pretty mediocre.
Breakdown: The breakdown probably is the least inspired part of the tune, if you still had peoples attention you are sure to lose it in this swamp of sounds.

Second drop: There's no real building of tension here, it just sneaks in. Because of all the fake buildups in the breakdown you hardly notice the second drop at all.
The second drop is clearly better than the first one, but I notice you try a lot of different things with the bass to keep things interesting which sometimes works out, but deffo not allways. The parts where many kick drums are played don't add up to the rollyness or funkyness of the tune, it just sounds irritating.

In other words, it is not easy to say why people don't like the tune, but it is mainly the structure which is kinda the opposite of what is needed to build tension and hold the crowd.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
20-08-2009 10:20 Homepage of BattleDrone
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Excuse me, I reviewed the tune, rather short, but it's all there.
If you want to forbid people to vote without writing reviews then there will be less votes. The best way to get (a lot of) reviews is to give (a lot of) reviews.
Whenever I upload a tune I get tons of reviews but I review 80% of all tunes that get uploaded on here.

I understand what happened though, in this case it is pretty hard to say what is wrong with the tune, but I'll give it a try....

I see what your saying BattleDrone. But I have noticed that there are quite a few that don't return reviews, but continue to upload numerous tracks. I have been guilty of this. If I play a track and I just don't like it, I won't give it a score. But If its a poorly produced track, I say so and why, if i'm going to score it.

Is there a way of giving a minimum amount of review a month to help get more review done? A bit like the way you need to do five review to get producers rights? Or lets say 5 reviews for each track uploaded?

Obviously, this won't effect people like Yourself, Tomos, Ketz and the numerous regulars that do do reviews, but it will effect certain others into returning the odd comment.

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
20-08-2009 10:44
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I don't like too much limitations of this kind. The five reviews to get producer rights has proven that every once in a while some asshole pops up and writes 5 nonsense reviews, preferably for old tunes (which has been made impossible now) or copy paste the same review for 5 tracks, ...

These people can't be changed by making rules, it is all a matter of helping each other, if people refuse to help others then they should not be surprised that others are doing the exact same thing to them.

It might be a good start to display the number of posted reviews instead of the postcount (the latter being meaningless because of jokes like "the word game").
So if people reviewed about 10 tunes in a whole year it would be painfully visible that they are not really supporting the community.

Further development could lead to a system to vote on feedback (thumbs up/thumbs down) so you could see how many helpful reviews a user ever posted.
Even further down the line you could say that a user has to post 5 helpful reviews to be able to upload another tune. But that would involve a lot of reading and voting from admins as probably some dull uploaders would not show any appreciation for negative but correct feedback. Either way it is hard to maintain.

In the end I think you need to try and help as much as you can without expecting anything in return. If 4-5 people do this all the time the community will rock.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
20-08-2009 13:55 Homepage of BattleDrone
demure demure is a male
mastication fo de nation

images/avatars/avatar-2837.jpeg

Registration Date: 22-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

wouldn't worry too much i don't think its votes that help and to be fair there are a lot of average or below average tunes that end up with high ratings, and a lot of really good original tunes don't get enough. just get what you can from what people say about your tracks as that's the biggest help IMO, also as you've seen there can be some biased thinking when people vote and if the don't like the tune will give it a bad rating ( not in all cases ) so just focus on reviews as thats where you will learn the most.
20-08-2009 15:56
Anarky Anarky is a male
myspace.com/ anarkyproductions

Registration Date: 02-08-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 2.50

ye-dont get me wrong battledrone.i wasnt tryin 2 say that my tune neccesarily deserved a higher score or nefin-2 b honest i dont relly care wot stars i get cus im still on a learnin curve n )-like demure sayin its the reveiws n comments that count n like brucifer says swings n roundabouts-but also it is a shame cus iv rarely seen a track with 10+ reveiws n ther seems 2 be hundreds producers signed up 2 this site.newayz, that tune-i shudnt of uploaded that 2 b honest(got a bit xcited with the b-line) but cheers battledrone 4 the 'in depth' reveiw-all true!

__
Spliff
20-08-2009 17:07 Homepage of Anarky
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » No vote without reveiw maybe???