drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » multi button mouse
Go to the bottom of this page multi button mouse
Author
old skool fools with new skool tools

images/avatars/avatar-2978.gif

Registration Date: 25-08-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Hi all, I just plugged an old wired optical mouse in my system(after trouble with a wireless one and microsoft hid update!) and noticed that it had two extra buttons on the side. Anyway, after abit of messing around I assigned these as copy and paste then opened FL8 and they work in there. You can also assign any of the F keys also.
This is probably old news to most of you, but I googled and found a 7 button gaming mouse and wondered if anyone has used these for DAWS or is it possible? I'm guessing there has to be some software that enables you to configure your own combinations too....

__
OGENIC
Drummer
16-08-2009 18:25
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I only have a 2 button mouse Frown

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
16-08-2009 22:48 Homepage of BattleDrone
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I have a Logitech G5 mouse. I have tried several until I found one I was satisfied with. As the mouse is one of the things I use the most (must be like 1000+ hours per year) I figured I might get a really nice and comfortable one.

Apart from the side buttons it has precise laser optics, teflon like pads on the bottom that make it glide very smoothly and a nice feeling rubber texture. The mouse wheel goes 4 ways: up - down - left - right (and click Smile ) so you can scroll around windows vertically and horizontally. It also has some features for gamers which I don't use.

I use the side buttons mainly to go back and forth in firefox, but it could be very nice to set them up in my DAW too. Copy/pasting is an idea, but that's something I do automatically on the keyboard.

Starting / Stopping?? Or configure them as shift / alt keys, then I could do stuff like go to the top or end of a region, would be nice for editing.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
16-08-2009 22:55 Homepage of thechronic
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
I only have a 2 button mouse Frown

Don't you dare cry!! Surya doesn't even have a cell phone!!!

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
17-08-2009 01:58 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

For work I use the Logitech Corded Mouse M500, which is really comfortable and precise. And cheap. I use a large iMac at work and the horizontal scrolling toggle is a god send. I've configured the other buttons to do several common tasks, which saves me lots of time and bother.

At home I use a very similar model to the one Chron uses, the Logitech G5 Laser Mouse. The only difference is that I don't have the horizontal scrolling option with this mouse. But that's no big deal on my 17" laptop. I also use the back and forward forward buttons to navigate on FF. Again, it's comfortable and precise.

I'm not very clued up on gaming mouses tho. I did look into them but they were too expensive for my shoe-string budget.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
17-08-2009 08:40 Homepage of Tomos
ogenic ogenic is a male
old skool fools with new skool tools

images/avatars/avatar-2978.gif

Registration Date: 25-08-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

"Or configure them as shift / alt keys, then I could do stuff like go to the top or end of a region, would be nice for editing."
just checked and you can configure as shift and alt Big Grin

__
OGENIC
Drummer
18-08-2009 00:31
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » multi button mouse