drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » a good eq for a noob
Go to the bottom of this page a good eq for a noob
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 22-07-2009

hi guys what would you recommend as a good eq easy to use for a noob to start understanding shelving and cutting/boosting
23-07-2009 20:08
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

the FL EQ 1 works great, because it has a help button. that and it has a VISUAL graph, and each band can change to be anything. quite simple.

the best tools for a noob to learn is the ones built into the DAW. there's full tutorials and help menus that come with FLStudio that example and give examples for all the tools. these tools are almost the same anywhere you look.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 23-07-2009 20:29.

23-07-2009 20:27 Homepage of Halph-Price
dannyb1
Tourist

unless im missing something i dont have an fl eq 1 i have parametric eq and eq 2
23-07-2009 21:02
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by dannyb1
unless im missing something i dont have an fl eq 1 i have parametric eq and eq 2

yeah, the parametric eq 1 as opposed to eq 2. it has everything. there's a lot of different eq's out there, but they're not as flexible as this one. really, a good eq for a nob is a 31-band graphic eq, because it has 31 different frequency you can move up and down, independent of each other. this gives a good visual of what frequencies sound like, and how far apart they are. sony has a cool graphic eq, i know that...

http://www.synthtopia.com/news/06_12/Voxengo-Overtone.html is a nice stereo 7 band graphic eq.

graphic eq are popular for analog equipment because they're cheaper.

but whatever,

i say, Parametric EQ for FLStudio is great, low CPU and has a Help Guide. what more could anybody ever ask for. i use it on every song, and i had tonnes fo thoes EQ modeled after real eq's and all that other bullshit. whatever program you're using the EQ in that is good, simple, and amazing.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 23-07-2009 21:31.

23-07-2009 21:28 Homepage of Halph-Price
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

EQUO is also very handy (also in FL)

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
23-07-2009 21:39 Homepage of BattleDrone
dannyb1
Tourist

cheers guys im just finding one thing hard to figuire out is which kind of settings do i need for my various audio. for example a reese that i want to contain no bass only high squelchy end what im getting stuck with is these the parts higlited and when i want just the low end of the reese.
just throws me plus on the spectral analyzer if i have eqd that reese why do i still see a response in the 50hz section
sorry to be such a pain guys

dannyb1 has attached these images (downsized versions):
reese eq2.jpg reese spectral.jpg

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dannyb1: 24-07-2009 00:16.

24-07-2009 00:12
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by dannyb1
cheers guys im just finding one thing hard to figuire out is which kind of settings do i need for my various audio. for example a reese that i want to contain no bass only high squelchy end what im getting stuck with is these the parts higlited and when i want just the low end of the reese.
just throws me plus on the spectral analyzer if i have eqd that reese why do i still see a response in the 50hz section
sorry to be such a pain guys

the art of EQ is you don't boost any frequency. just remove. pull down. you remove the parts of the sound that are bad.

so if you're just removing, then why can you also boost certain sounds? you boost sounds, just to preview. you boost a specific frequency and if it sounds bad normally, it'll sound worse louder. if it sounds cool loud, then keep it. remove the bad frequency makes the overall sound better. you make the good parts louder, by removing the bad sound. very Zen if you look at it like a bonsai tree.

he shows 10 minute tut video for you

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

24-07-2009 00:50 Homepage of Halph-Price
selig
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

I prefer using eq2 to the first one, mainly because you can see what you're doing with it and it has much steeper filters.
24-07-2009 01:07
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

i find eq2 shows the bass end but the high end doesn't even show, visually speaking. you can make the filters steeper on eq 1, or just layer on more eq. EQUO is a graphic equalizer, as it turns out.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

24-07-2009 01:09 Homepage of Halph-Price
selig
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
i find eq2 shows the bass end but the high end doesn't even show, visually speaking.

I agree, as it is the spectrum analyser is a bit crap. However this soon sorts it out.

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php...20&pagenumber=1
24-07-2009 01:23
dannyb1
Tourist

cheers guys youve had me reading/watching for hours every page somehow entises you to another link gonna keep practicing will try get a new project underway.
ohh just a quickie when im reading about making a few instances of a reese i have made my reese on a 3xosc (caant seem to find the envs or lfo bit in here) then bounced it to audio and loaded it back on fruity 3 xs (i fear im doing something wrong here) then used one as low (eqd between 50hz-80hz) then a mid then a high filter them seperate to taste and then bounce all of it as one and start project again but when i load it back it stays at on pitch all the time and not different pitches on the keys.
if im doing something wrong or slow don't forget to shout
24-07-2009 15:16
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » a good eq for a noob