drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Pamplona Bull run
Go to the bottom of this page Pamplona Bull run
Author
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

People running through the streets being chased by angry bulls. One death upto now, several badly injured.

Silly? Stupid? Absurd? Sick? Legal?
Should these people get medical attention in a hospital and be covered by their health insurance (which is payed by other people as well)?

Discuss.

I'm not a fanboy.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
12-07-2009 12:20 Homepage of BattleDrone
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

if this was to be illegal jackass and the sort would have to be too

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
12-07-2009 12:44 Homepage of cynik
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
People running through the streets being chased by angry bulls. One death upto now, several badly injured.

Silly? Stupid? Absurd? Sick? Legal?
Should these people get medical attention in a hospital and be covered by their health insurance (which is payed by other people as well)?

Discuss.

I'm not a fanboy.

why doesn't the hospital pay for their medical attention??? is this in Mexico??? even still, wouldn't they pay for health insurance also??? I mean, it's like saying motorcyclist shouldn't get health coverage either. Or smokers. why stop there? go for any line of mental sickness and such...

seriously, anyone that bitches about health insurance, must be American. All I am saying...

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 12-07-2009 15:22.

12-07-2009 15:19 Homepage of Halph-Price
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price

why doesn't the hospital pay for their medical attention??? is this in Mexico??? even still, wouldn't they pay for health insurance also??? I mean, it's like saying motorcyclist shouldn't get health coverage either. Or smokers. why stop there? go for any line of mental sickness and such...

seriously, anyone that bitches about health insurance, must be American. All I am saying...

This is in Spain.
If I go to a fitness club I need an extra insurance to be covered in case I injure myself.
I think the risk of getting serious injuries is so rediculously high in this case that it should be fine to demand extra insurance for these people.
If you would drive your insured car on a racing track and get an accident at high speed you are not covered by your insurance. So why should that be any different for your own body?

Driving a motorbike is dangerous too, but you don't drive off with the idea that you might have a 50% chance of making a nasty and possibly lethal fall.

I'm not american, we have a good health insurance over here, just about everyone is insured (sounds like communism to most americans).
Insurance is there for people who have "bad luck", not for people who switched off their brain and do this crazy shit IMO.

__
12-07-2009 15:32 Homepage of BattleDrone
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
everyone is insured (sounds like communism to most americans).

I would have thought that the NHS in the UK - which is entirely funded through taxation - would sound more like communism to Americans? Personally, I'm a big fan of the NHS because it's free to everyone at the point of need. This works well enough in a country that can fund its own services pretty well most of the time. However, if the situation was to change for any reason and there were serious shortages of funds and equipment, etc, then I think the priorities probably shouldn't go to people who provoke bulls to stick horns up their arses.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
12-07-2009 15:45 Homepage of Tomos
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

quote:

if the situation was to change for any reason and there were serious shortages of funds and equipment, etc, then I think the priorities probably shouldn't go to people who provoke bulls to stick horns up their arses.

I agree.

__
My Sounds
12-07-2009 16:21
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

well it shows the lengths people will go to to get an adrenaline rush, surely theres somethin not right with how they treat the bulls (don't they somehow pre-condition them to be really aggressive?) not fair on the bull i say, let him get his anger out!!

__

12-07-2009 16:23 Homepage of Ketz
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

They lock the bull into a very small cell with hairy male asses painted on the walls. When they set him free he sees the same thing again and wants to destroy them Big Grin

__
12-07-2009 17:51 Homepage of BattleDrone
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

quote:
They lock the bull into a very small cell with hairy male asses painted on the walls. When they set him free he sees the same thing again and wants to destroy them Big Grin

ROFL ROFL

__

12-07-2009 18:10 Homepage of Ketz
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

Helpfulness rating: 

LOL!

__
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
12-07-2009 19:40 Homepage of Tomos
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
The purpose of this event is the transport of the bulls from the off-site corrals where they had spent the night, to the bullring where they would be killed in the evening. Youngsters would jump among them to show off their bravado.

so from there it just became a sport. you'd rather two teams of eleven players using a spherical ball is a better sport? football riots are probably more dangerous.

I feel people should be free to do what they want if it's not interfering with other peoples freedoms. as long as they're educated in the risks. but as it comes to "health insurance", living in canada, it's not really an issue. universal health care, is the same as police protection and fire safety brigades. if you want to light candles in your house should you have to pay more for fire damage insurance. nothing is without risk, but health care should cover you if you want to sit at home and do nothing all day, or parachute/bungee jump/skateboard/roller durby/mountain biking/smoke cigarettes/run with bulls. running with bulls seems obviously stupid, but so is smoking in bed....

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

12-07-2009 20:57 Homepage of Halph-Price
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
so from there it just became a sport. you'd rather two teams of eleven players using a spherical ball is a better sport? football riots are probably more dangerous.

I don't want to compare sports, that's not possible, my appreciation for sport varies from "dull" to "silly" but mostly "yawn", especially anything with a spherical ball involved. But what kind of "sport" is it to stay ahead of a bull? It isn't a sport, it belongs in the category taking a ride on the roof of an elevator cabin or have a train ride by hanging on the outside of the train. It's the kind of idiocy that causes a lot of youtube hits and maybe a dead body. It is wanting to be homo sapiens again, but even there it's fail, the sapiens isn't there, it's just homo erectus. Plain stupid ideas that are born out of utterly bored minds in an over regulated world where adventure is missing.

Football riots are just a side effect of sport, nothing to do with the topic. If we go into that lane you could say war is dangerous too.

quote:
I feel people should be free to do what they want if it's not interfering with other peoples freedoms.

Pay the price before you take the ride. High risk --> High insurance.

quote:
as long as they're educated in the risks.

That one make me LOL. Educating people about this kind of risks is useless, if you're prepared to run in front of a bull you're actually hoping it is dangerous, educating these people might just have the opposite effect.

quote:
running with bulls seems obviously stupid, but so is smoking in bed....

Either one is actually fantastic, I can advise anyone to do it, after all, when done right, it's good for health insurance too, those people won't cost a dime afterwards.

__
12-07-2009 23:28 Homepage of BattleDrone
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

I don't want to compare sports, that's not possible, my appreciation for sport varies from "dull" to "silly" but mostly "yawn", especially anything with a spherical ball involved. But what kind of "sport" is it to stay ahead of a bull? It isn't a sport, it belongs in the category taking a ride on the roof of an elevator cabin or have a train ride by hanging on the outside of the train. It's the kind of idiocy that causes a lot of youtube hits and maybe a dead body. It is wanting to be homo sapiens again, but even there it's fail, the sapiens isn't there, it's just homo erectus. Plain stupid ideas that are born out of utterly bored minds in an over regulated world where adventure is missing.

Football riots are just a side effect of sport, nothing to do with the topic. If we go into that lane you could say war is dangerous too.

quote:
I feel people should be free to do what they want if it's not interfering with other peoples freedoms.

quote:

That one make me LOL. Educating people about this kind of risks is useless, if you're prepared to run in front of a bull you're actually hoping it is dangerous, educating these people might just have the opposite effect.

quote:

Either one is actually fantastic, I can advise anyone to do it, after all, when done right, it's good for health insurance too, those people won't cost a dime afterwards.

you do know people get befits for deaths. that's usually MINIMUM of the insurance policies.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 13-07-2009 08:32.

13-07-2009 08:31 Homepage of Halph-Price
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

you do know people get befits for deaths. that's usually MINIMUM of the insurance policies.

If you read the small prints you might notice a list of cases in which they will not pay. Anyway... everyone dies at some point. If you get wounded so badly by a bull that you die from it you won't cause a lot of hospital costs, that was the point I was after.

__
13-07-2009 09:21 Homepage of BattleDrone
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

16 fatalities the entire time they have ever done the bull run, hundreds of injuries mostly from people slipping and falling then the bulls even. so really, it's about as dangerous as doing a marathon.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

13-07-2009 15:57 Homepage of Halph-Price
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

mother nature will wage vengeance upon them for torturing the bulls

__
13-07-2009 16:21 Homepage of cynik
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

She always does.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
13-07-2009 23:04 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

Helpfulness rating: 

How? I'm curious.

(Don't worry, I'm not starting another debate. Big Grin )

__
13-07-2009 23:10 Homepage of Tomos
Dephonix Dephonix is a female
Sexy Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2933.jpg

Registration Date: 21-03-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I think its abit bizarre & medieval tbh. Abit like our british fox hunting Huh

__

DARK WAX RADIO

Aim Dennean2004
21-07-2009 13:18 Homepage of Dephonix
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
How? I'm curious.

(Don't worry, I'm not starting another debate. Big Grin )

well with a broad arsenal at hand: tornados, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. which do you prefer

__
21-07-2009 13:29 Homepage of cynik
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Pamplona Bull run