drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bassline Demo FL7
Go to the bottom of this page Bassline Demo FL7
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

http://www.filefront.com/13956787/Bassline-001.zip/

This is just a bassline I made up for tutorial. I'd like your guys opinion on it first, I want to do more stuff like this for my website. Let me know if it's good enough. It's all FLStudio native plug-in's.

Personally, I just do 2 layers for a bassline, but I wanted to show you can spend an hour to make 3 layers, and why.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 03-07-2009 09:52.

03-07-2009 04:04 Homepage of Halph-Price
2k20

Registration Date: 23-08-2009

get reason, or at least get some NI synths. there are alot of ways to get these things these days. the more options you have the more chance you have of getting the sound your looking for.

you get what you pay for and the FL synths are free if you know what i mean.

take a listen to REASON toys with samples taken using ADOBE AUDITION 3

http://www.jukeboxalive.com/audio_play_o...25&skin=2299027
26-08-2009 18:54
Zugzwang Zugzwang is a male
Doin' it for the love

images/avatars/avatar-2932.jpg

Registration Date: 13-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

The whole reason for using only plugins that come with FL7 is so that nobody has to download a whole list of VSTs and samples in addition to the project file..

This also isn't a good thread for an FL vs. Reason discussion to start imho.

Halph-Price, really good tutorial mate. It really brought back some of the knowledge in the back of my mind I knew but never put to use (like stacking up filters to get a -24db slope instead of a -12db slope). I can also tell you put a lot of work into it, so cheers mate. Really appreciate it.
04-09-2009 02:58
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by Zugzwang
The whole reason for using only plugins that come with FL7 is so that nobody has to download a whole list of VSTs and samples in addition to the project file..

This also isn't a good thread for an FL vs. Reason discussion to start imho.

Halph-Price, really good tutorial mate. It really brought back some of the knowledge in the back of my mind I knew but never put to use (like stacking up filters to get a -24db slope instead of a -12db slope). I can also tell you put a lot of work into it, so cheers mate. Really appreciate it.

Exactly...

way to go halph!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
04-09-2009 16:06 Homepage of BattleDrone
ogenic ogenic is a male
old skool fools with new skool tools

images/avatars/avatar-2978.gif

Registration Date: 25-08-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Nice one Halph Bigup
What I found interesting in this was the change in porto time on the different layers. Thinking about it now it's obvious why, but it's little touches like this that make a difference. Also changing osc 3 for the mids, a nice touch.
Maybe these things are "the norm" to alot of people here, but I wager there is more that these little "tricks" are a real eye opener.
One thing I am not sure about is the cut and cut by function. Is this an automatic thing or do you set these your self? If so why?
Off topicish... I once read through a sound engineering practical test, the test was to compose a 3 min piece using only sine waves and white noise and what ever fx you chose. The accompanying audio demo was out of this world!
Anyway, as always Halph, thanks for you time and effort.

__
OGENIC
Drummer
04-09-2009 20:40
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bassline Demo FL7