drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Question #015 (pigs)
Go to the bottom of this page Question #015 (pigs)
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

Are all cops assholes? not every second of their life, but the majority of it. Like to think they're going into police to help people, must be at least a sign of something? They think good and righteous. They are working for the government though. Judicial system, but if they don't believe in the laws they have to defend, then are they really as good and pure? I don't think all Nazi agreed with what Hitler did. This didn't make them any better then the ones that liked them, if they still went along with the authority. When's the last time you heard police refusing to uphold a law they didn't agree with?

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

03-07-2009 03:42 Homepage of Halph-Price
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

they have their own police law; they are corrupt; they keep themselves tight together, exactly how a strong mafia does

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
03-07-2009 10:37 Homepage of cynik
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

There's no doubt that some cops are corrupt. No doubt at all. Perhaps even a significant minority are. But to say that all cops are corrupt, or even that a majority are, seems pretty exaggerated to me. In the UK at least, they do a pretty good job of upholding the law most of the time, which is what they're paid to do. Of course, you could argue that the law itself is corrupt. It's certainly favoured towards protecting big business, big land owners and big property owners. Having said that, the police do respond to emergencies and 999 calls as well (I'm mainly referring to the UK here) when the public need them. Again, not all of the time, but you've got to be fair and objective and give them credit when they do positive things.

I suppose, ultimately, your perception of the police depends largely on the country you're from and your own personal experiences with them. If you're a human rights protester in China, or a victim of police brutality, you'll probably have a very different perception of the police (and all the other arms of state for that matter) than a person whose life is saved as a result of police intervention, or a person who has had his car returned after the police have recovered it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not one of those people who wants a big police presence in our society. Nor do I think that most people even need to be policed.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
03-07-2009 20:21 Homepage of Tomos
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I've had them pissing all over me because I drove a one way street in the wrong direction for 10 meters (by bike, not by car) costed me €100 and the cop who caught me at it was a really big asshole with macho attitude and shit.

I'm not a big fan of them, but I do think they are necesarry. They couldl focus on real crime and real danger though. I'm pretty sure they are all frustrated to death because a lot of criminals (especially the young ones) get away unpunished because all of our penal institutions are overcrowded. So you catch a car thief or a robber red handed and within 24 hours he's a free man making fun of you. That must hurt and frustrate.

The biggest issue I have with all that is that if you get into a conflict with them they are always right. It's your word against theirs and no way they are going to admit they were bullying you. Most people just say "yes sir, no sir, I'm sorry sir, won't happen again sir,..." and that's it.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
04-07-2009 14:56 Homepage of BattleDrone
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

some are bastards, some are ok and some are just plain useless

__

04-07-2009 16:06 Homepage of Ketz
demure demure is a male
mastication fo de nation

images/avatars/avatar-2837.jpeg

Registration Date: 22-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

if police are so responsive then how come when my mate was beaten very badly and was in hospital for a bit he rang the police, they never came to see him, then one year later they came to his house so he got a bit paranoid like wtf have i done wrong and all they wanted to do is see if he would still like to persue taking action, a whole year after the incedent
what good is that :S
04-07-2009 17:15
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
to say that all cops are corrupt, or even that a majority are, seems pretty exaggerated to me.

yeah, I agree. location does make a difference. by being corrupt I dont mean just having a blind eye for the criminals their loyal to, I mean the other aspect you mention as well, that they are far more effective in protecting big businesses and the rich citizen then they are really upholding the law and making the streets safer. they do make them safer but the parts of town where theres real need for them to act they purposedly avoid

__
04-07-2009 18:14 Homepage of cynik
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

wherever theres a "special" police force, (like the untouchables, in the days of prohibition in the US) you know somethings wrong with the police and that corruption blossoms.

theres a great brazillian movie about such force, but the name escapes me ATM

__
04-07-2009 18:24 Homepage of cynik
cng361
Tourist

Registration Date: 07-06-2009

someone once made a good point about cops to me the police are as only as "good" as the people in the community. this is because the police come from that community. so if you got a dirty mexican cop it's because the community he comes from is full of dirty mexicans and so forth... not bashing mexicans but there are allot in south Texas Devil
04-07-2009 19:19
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
to say that all cops are corrupt, or even that a majority are, seems pretty exaggerated to me.

yeah, I agree. location does make a difference. by being corrupt I dont mean just having a blind eye for the criminals their loyal to, I mean the other aspect you mention as well, that they are far more effective in protecting big businesses and the rich citizen then they are really upholding the law and making the streets safer. they do make them safer but the parts of town where theres real need for them to act they purposedly avoid

Yep, that's the point I was trying to make, rather badly.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
04-07-2009 19:32 Homepage of Tomos
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

but even the good cops that think they're doing good could be considered more of assholes. not even talking about corrupt ones, but the ones that think them catching someone going 20 over the limit and giving them a ticket, court date, criminal record, and disrupting traffic think this will help improve society over all.
is that not assholish too?

then there's the ones that are straight up thiefs, sure, but the ones that think that busting a teen for smoking pot is doing good in the neighborhood or when they drop them off and the parents don't care he was smoking pot, the cop thinking they know better then the parents, and think the parents are bad for allowing this to go on. this is a GOOD cop perspective.

or the good cops busting Tommy Chong. Like the world felt safer that he was behind bars. Weed is a fine example of the line between a human being, and a cop. When they have to decide between what they know is right, and what is ACTUALLY right. this is what makes assholes of moral cops, immoral cops are already assholes regardless.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

07-07-2009 17:32 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Question #015 (pigs)