drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Question #014 (dune)
Go to the bottom of this page Question #014 (dune)
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards.

quote:
The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam to Paul Atreides

quote:
Muad'Dib learned rapidly because his first training was in how to learn. And the first lesson of all was the basic trust that he could learn. It's shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult. Muad'Dib knew that every experience carries its lesson.
from The Humanity of Muad'Dib by the Princess Irulan

quote:
There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers. Nothing. Nothing can be done.
Paul Muad'dib

quote:
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.
Paul Muad'dib

Favorite Dune quotes?

Halph-Price has attached these images (downsized versions):
dune-cat.jpg 12445909253.jpg

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 02-07-2009 06:05.

02-07-2009 06:02 Homepage of Halph-Price
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Now often it is that the angry man rages denial of what his inner self is telling him.
The Collected Sayings of Muad'dib by the Princess Irulan

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

02-07-2009 06:15 Homepage of Halph-Price
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

02-07-2009 08:59
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Be prepared to respect what have gotten to you

Paraphrasing, as I don't remember it exactly. There were many quotes which I cannot quite recall right now. Frank Herbert is just a massive source of ideas.
This is my life book.

I am actually trying to forget it (haven't read it again in 4 years) so I can read it again and amaze myself fully again with Herbert's genius.

Oh yeah, and the best quote (sitting in my sig for over 6 years now):

quote:
There is no such thing without its' opposite

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
02-07-2009 14:03 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
quote:

I've never understood what that quote actually means tbh.

quote:
[quote]Be prepared to respect what have gotten to you

This one doesn't make sense. Confused

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
02-07-2009 19:18 Homepage of Tomos
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
quote:
quote:

I've never understood what that quote actually means tbh.

i dont realy understand that quote too
i just see it as:
matter - antimatter / black - white

quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
quote:
[quote]Be prepared to respect what have gotten to you

This one doesn't make sense. Confused

when i think about the poor people Frown ...
02-07-2009 19:38
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

It has similar explanation with Greyone's: you cannot know/have an idea of/see something without its' opposite (talking about concepts and modelling of knowledge and awareness, ultimate balance and similar). I can explain this really good in my language Big Grin

And about the first one: it means, largely, about the desert and that nature is above us all. Everything that happens is nature's way of keeping balance with everything, and that it doesn't matter if it suits you or not - if you get in nature's way, it will push you away (if it wants to be gentle) or kill you (evolution etc.).
Because all that is a part of a major 'plan', be prepared to respect it, and to respect what is your destiny and purpose in that very plan.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
02-07-2009 21:02 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

since the opposite of all things is nothing then it's a very simple, very obvious, very redundant saying I'll explain it the simplest way

There is no such thing without it's opposite.

The opposite of nothing is anythingthing.

and vice versa. I guess.

Thus it's kinda saying everything has balance in a Taoist way, but then it's also just as simple as to exists one can not exist. It appears as if it has a CRYPTIC meaning. when really it's just vague and open ended. It's like saying 'the opposite of anything is nothing.'

It's not even about balance or anything. because what's the opposite of balance? unbalanced? unbalanced in which way?

for the opposite of 1 is -1 the opposite of 3 is -3. what is the opposite of 0? -0? but that's still 0. that's synonymous.

Yea, he's had that saying for a while, so I have had time to ponder it. FOR YEARS, usually stoned. It wasn't really worth the time, but I did enjoy that it was at least Dune. Stagnant Energy, change the SIG MAUD'DIB. OR GTFO!!! Devil

if it wasn't in red letters it wouldn't catch my eyes so often.

I am going to be honest, I believe in ying and yang, but not everything is as simple as black and white. which is kinda what that implies, is that nothing doesn't have an opposite. as the ying yang symbol shows, there is a bit of the opposite in eachother. in the heart of it even. It's more of the writers relgious self coming through, where they see everything black and white, good and bad, light and darkness.

again like an abstract idea like numbers, they exists but they don't exists. with that in mind, if they exists they have an opposite but since they also don't exists they don't have an opposite. but they do have an opposite, the majority of them, but does that mean they exists? nope. so that moots that argument. Only at a FUNDAMENTAL level does it make sense, but this is suppose to come from people so intelligent and imbued with the knowledge of the ages. They LIVE in the abstract. It should be quite self explanitory to them.

That's why that saying holds so much mystic in it, because it's true in a basic way, but in a high thinking way we know it's not true.

examples again:

fundamentally: the opposite of dark is light, good is evil, up is down.
abstract: the opposite of monkey??? it's not as simple as the absence of light is darkness. there's no such thing as anti-monkeys.
fundamentally: monkey is made up protons and electrons and shit. so anti-protons and whatever.
abstract: the opposite of the genius and species of a monkey. but monkeys is a concept. we invented the word monkey, without any opposite.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 03-07-2009 02:43.

03-07-2009 02:22 Homepage of Halph-Price
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

DON'T HATE, DON'T HATE! it's just my over thinking about the subject, I bet I have put more time thinking about that stupid saying then ANYONE. I remember I was 18 thinking that over. as a gas pump attendant. with a great girlfriend.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

03-07-2009 02:44 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Question #014 (dune)