drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » ermh.... earplugs?
Go to the bottom of this page ermh.... earplugs?
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2721.png

Registration Date: 27-09-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.50

Hi guys,

Maybe some of you have more exprience with earplugs...

I ordered this earplug, but it attenuates the sound too much even with the lowest filter. If I put them on, I simply cannot hear the music clearly enough to mix.

They say that the music should be clear, so maybe I am using them wrong?

How deep should the earplug enter the ear canal? I think I have some small ear canals, so maybe I should cut the earplugs down a little bit? (the manual said so...)

__
Add me up on MySpace (link changed): myspace.com/SundancerDnb

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sundancer: 24-06-2009 13:18.

24-06-2009 13:18 Homepage of Sundancer
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer
Hi guys,

Maybe some of you have more exprience with earplugs...

I ordered this earplug, but it attenuates the sound too much even with the lowest filter. If I put them on, I simply cannot hear the music clearly enough to mix.

They say that the music should be clear, so maybe I am using them wrong?

How deep should the earplug enter the ear canal? I think I have some small ear canals, so maybe I should cut the earplugs down a little bit? (the manual said so...)

for mixing music, you cannot wear ear plugs, even if they are made by an audiologist. those custom ones cut down the sound very evenly but still, you got to hear what you're mixing as the AUDIENCE hears it. or as good as possible. I mix from the back of the room, but I know how hard it is to mix on stage. If you even get a wedge to hear your mix. you can't get up and walk around to test it, just have to hope. but still you can wear the ear plugs in between the mixes, if it's for dj stuff. if it's live stage performance, you really should have someone else mix. I dunno.

it doesn't matter on how deep it goes, it's more, how well it fits, and how dense the material is. but even the lightest protection is more then adequate. compared to losing your hearing in under a minute, level of sounds.

just try not to keep pushing the mix up louder and louder. it's a natural thing to do, that must be kept aware of. at least if you're on stage the speakers aren't pointing at YOU. you're going to lose your hearing, sorry. Big Grin that's life, areosmith is deaf but they still make music.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

28-06-2009 06:35 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » ermh.... earplugs?