drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Question #006 (news media)
Go to the bottom of this page Question #006 (news media)
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

I love to read newspapers when I can, which is more recent. but now I find I'll have streaming video media going on while I am playing games. Mindless games gimme time to think and listen to news.

I find news cannot be consumed in small bits. to get the true story on something, you have to read multiple news sources on the same story, i.e. Iran civil war going on, and the bais around it, or twitter, the plus and minuses of it.

Do you fools listen to news media of any sort, or do you just stay ignorant claiming mass media is biased but don't look for indipendant world news. If so what news I'd love to know.

Daily Planet has to be the best news media. Discovery Channles daily news show, for an hour tells about consumers and business in such an alternative way!!!

msnbc.com news i quite like, they have good world media news, and i love the countdown he's teh best actaul news guy outsid eof the dailyshow.

http://www.mediaontap.com/business/index.php is good too, for canadian news i have found...

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 22-06-2009 05:03.

22-06-2009 00:56 Homepage of Halph-Price
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealNews
http://www.youtube.com/user/NationalGeographic
http://www.youtube.com/user/newscientistvideo
http://www.youtube.com/user/BBCExplore
22-06-2009 01:18
Saikonutta
not helpful ^^

Registration Date: 09-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.83

Why listen to "the news" which is Censored anyway...

Make music!
22-06-2009 15:20
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Saikonutta

Make music!

if you were told that hitler was cool and smart, you'd know it's propraganda.

there is a civil war going on with media black out that's not working, because of the internet.

now more then ever there is less censoring. but how else do you know about the world if not through news. i actually listen to the business news more because it gives a good sense of the world. money is a common ground.

economy now more then ever tells a strong picture. talks about the working class, to ceo to presidents to natural rsources to medical benfits to new technology to fashion to war and civil liberty.

ironic part of twitter business model being talked about because of Iranian unrest.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 22-06-2009 23:06.

22-06-2009 23:06 Homepage of Halph-Price
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
now more then ever there is less censoring.

theres no need for censorign for them since the guys that invent the news, that is, choose what exactly should be news for you are the same ones owning petrol fields and causing wars. all for the sake of money

in light of things, censoring now gets a whole new meaning, a true meaning and should be reinstated. dont know exactly how it can be done though

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
23-06-2009 08:04 Homepage of cynik
Saikonutta
not helpful ^^

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

Make music!

there is a civil war going on with media black out that's not working, because of the internet.

now more then ever there is less censoring. but how else do you know about the world if not through news. i actually listen to the business news more because it gives a good sense of the world. money is a common ground.

economy now more then ever tells a strong picture. talks about the working class, to ceo to presidents to natural rsources to medical benfits to new technology to fashion to war and civil liberty.

ironic part of twitter business model being talked about because of Iranian unrest.

Well, to be honest, screw that, I like my piano, studio, labo & girlfriend and that's it. If the world is going to end, I enjoyed my life at least Tongue
23-06-2009 09:59
Saikonutta
not helpful ^^

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
quote:

Make music!

Well, to be honest, screw that, I like my piano, studio, labo & girlfriend and that's it. If the world is going to end, I enjoyed my life at least Tongue

edit: in fact i didn't mean "censored", altough it could be interpreted like that.

I wanted to say "BULLSHIT" Wink
23-06-2009 10:02
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Make music!

edit: in fact i didn't mean "censored", altough it could be interpreted like that.

I wanted to say "BULLSHIT" Wink

that's why you read more then one paper watch more then one news show. you see where they are biased, and you get the whole picture of a story. everyone fudges the facts a bit or omits stuff for whatever reason...

if ignorance is bliss, then smack the smile off my face

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 23-06-2009 16:59.

23-06-2009 16:50 Homepage of Halph-Price
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
that's why you read more then one paper watch more then one news show. you see where they are biased, and you get the whole picture of a story. everyone fudges the facts a bit or omits stuff for whatever reason...

yeah agreed, but ideally you would have to read a ton of newspapers everyday, where is the time for that?

sure you can adjust to the situation, but if the situation isnt there in the first place, there wouldnt be any need for the adjustement, right?

I can understand a little error here n there, we are all humans after all. but that is not what is going on

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
23-06-2009 17:27 Homepage of cynik
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:

yeah agreed, but ideally you would have to read a ton of newspapers everyday, where is the time for that?

sure you can adjust to the situation, but if the situation isnt there in the first place, there wouldnt be any need for the adjustement, right?

I can understand a little error here n there, we are all humans after all. but that is not what is going on

only three or four here in canada to choose from really. takes less then an hour, not like you read horoscopes and the fluff collums about sports and interview with the auther from twilight and shit.

the situation is read a newspaper. there's a lot of situations not there to start with, that would be the need for adjustment. if it's there you don't need to adjust it. not vice versa.

i assume you mean about error in newspapers, if you read a bunch of them they tell mostly the same story, the difference can be one sentance which makes a bigger difference, the whole story is summed up int eh first paragraph or two. the details is at the end and have to be munched up for other stories and ads. they make these everyday, they don't have time to nitpic everything. human error mixed with legal reasons, and obviously biased news. major articles happen each papers got a different head line.

10,000 DEAD!!!
10,000 FEARED DEAD
10,000 DEAD MOURNED BY SURVIVORS
THOUSANDS DEAD AND MORE INJURED
10,000 PEOPLE KILLED
25,000 DEAD AND INJURED

each one has a differnt angle. shorter one is more low brow, the feared one is globe and times often angle of fear, the mourned by survivors is optomistic 25,000 dead and injured is fudging the facts by grouping them together but real none the less. it's not a lie.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

24-06-2009 06:40 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Question #006 (news media)