drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Question #001 (self)
Go to the bottom of this page Question #001 (self)
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

cynicism is already a divided topic because of modern cynicism. it's not me that doesn't understand cynicism. i am well read and understanding of many branches of philosophy. cynicism is just one branch of it, which has interesting origins, as you know.
cynics don't trust anything or anyone is basically what i am getting. as Karl Jung defines the Shadow it's not anything outside, it's inside. I'll leave it as that, if i give examples you'll think i am patronizing you.
i could explain about unmaterialism is ridiculous. greed is what makes animosity. ironic that the animal part is the materialistic part. through greed man fights each other. evolution doesn't come from placidity. stagnant water. the computer was born from the atom bomb. the calculations needed to design it bred what we use now.
looking at any section of history individually is quite narrow-sighted. everything is connected. this is a flaw of a lot of philosophies.

we are evolving, regardless of what you cynics might think. 100 years ago the philosophy of feminism never existed. they were thought of as the same as lunatics and felons. this is HALF of our population. and the reason that advanced so far was strongly because of world war ii bringing women into the work force.
i don't know how else to explain it.
just because one believe something for so long doesn't make it any more true or false then the next day. one should evolve themselves as any other organism.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 19-06-2009 07:39.

19-06-2009 06:57 Homepage of Halph-Price
Saikonutta
not helpful ^^

Registration Date: 09-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.83

Is it me not understanding English or are my arguments not of value?

Or is the first question/statement not plausible anymore?

Am I THAT unhelpfull? ROFL

Or am i right? Tongue

Or don't you dare to respond? Roll Eyes
19-06-2009 10:26
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Saikonutta
quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price

If you ask a computer a question, this defines their intelligence. If you ask a computer to describe a picture, this defines their recognition. If you ask them to summarize a book, this defines their comprehension.

None of these steps prove a consciousness. It merely defines limitations. Does limitations define consciousness? Does intelligence, recognition, or comprehension matter, for consciousness?

Computers don't have the ability to recognize or comprehend, it just does what we program it has to do: do logics (process) with input/variables. It will never have the 'consciousness' of recognizing or comprehending.

It's just a "series of switches", applying logics with the help of embedded logics & memory very fast, nothing more...

conciousness defines limitations, intelligence, recognition and comprehension... etc

not the other way Teeth

imo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_gate

computers can be programmed to recognize or comprehend as much as we program to be able too. and that programming is based off the way our brains work. as god created man in his image, the same goes for man creating computers in his image. each logic gate used is something we use as well. logic gates were created before computers.

it still is emulating humans thinking. if we can emulate human thinking, why not human consciousness.

i just think it's an interesting example, never before has there been something as good of an example of what is it to be homo sapien.

so if conciousness = limitations, intelligence, recognition and comprehension then the reverse should be true as well? no?

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 19-06-2009 18:10.

19-06-2009 18:01 Homepage of Halph-Price
Saikonutta
not helpful ^^

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
computers can be programmed to recognize or comprehend as much as we program to be able too.

Is that english? Big Grin Wink

quote:
...and that programming is based off the way our brains work. as god created man in his image, the same goes for man creating computers in his image.

-This "god" thing, sorry that's something i don't understand...

quote:
it still is emulating humans thinking. if we can emulate human thinking, why not human consciousness.

Because "rational Thinking" or 'logic thinking" can be programmed. give me a program that gives love and i believe you.

quote:
i just think it's an interesting example, never before has there been something as good of an example of what is it to be homo sapien.
so if conciousness = limitations, intelligence, recognition and comprehension then the reverse should be true as well? no?

If a goldfish is a fish, does that mean a fish is a goldfish?

Spliff

Shakeshark

Pirate

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Saikonutta: 21-06-2009 22:21.

21-06-2009 22:19
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
computers can be programmed to recognize or comprehend as much as we program to be able too.

Is that english? Big Grin Wink

quote:
...and that programming is based off the way our brains work. as god created man in his image, the same goes for man creating computers in his image.

-This "god" thing, sorry that's something i don't understand...

quote:

Because "rational Thinking" or 'logic thinking" can be programmed. give me a program that gives love and i believe you.

quote:

If a goldfish is a fish, does that mean a fish is a goldfish?

Spliff

Shakeshark

Pirate

yes it is english, like saying how much wood can a woodchuck chuck?

god is a metaphoric. it's a saying, god created man in his image. you don't understand the meaning of that metaphor?

how can we say programing to love and human love be different? love is measured by action. if a machine gives its life for you, is that not a sign of love? how do you prove love? prove love and then i'll believe you

that's illogical thinking. some fish are goldfish, this does not mean all fish are goldfish. but if all fish have gills, then anything with gills is a fish?

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

21-06-2009 22:29 Homepage of Halph-Price
Saikonutta
not helpful ^^

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
god is a metaphoric. it's a saying, god created man in his image. you don't understand the meaning of that metaphor?

It's a saying maybe for creationist yeah, but not for me idd.

quote:
how can we say programing to love and human love be different? love is measured by action. if a machine gives its life for you, is that not a sign of love? how do you prove love? prove love and then i'll believe you

So you "measure" love by action? OK, but a lot of things perform "actions". that statement is at least vague. Prove love? Uh, are you a robot? I'm HUMAN. You seem to think machines 'love', so prove that to me!

quote:
that's illogical thinking. some fish are goldfish, this does not mean all fish are goldfish. but if all fish have gills, then anything with gills is a fish?

U can math do?
21-06-2009 22:45
Saikonutta
not helpful ^^

Helpfulness rating: 

the machine doesn't 'give' it's life for you.

come on man, how can you think like that? In an artistic way maybe, yeah, but if you want to have a rational discussion?

And first, you should prove me consiousness in machines before stating that Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Saikonutta: 21-06-2009 23:14.

21-06-2009 23:11
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
the machine doesn't 'give' it's life for you.

come on man, how can you think like that? In an artistic way maybe, yeah, but if you want to have a rational discussion?

And first, you should prove me consiousness in machines before stating that Tongue

that's the question. how do you prove consciousness in anything, other then yourself? the machine is a good example. how can you prove if it's self aware, or in love, or anger.

if you have looked up any advanced AIs they will say these AI's can learn how to interact, but they will respond sometimes in a moody way. with robotics having a face that can recognize other people and remember their names and greet them, and remember stuff about them from the last time they spoke, and just converse. ... obviously not as intelligent as us, but the oddest part is moods change with the AI.

what causes moods? memories mixed with pattern recognition. if someone called you a fucker then kicks you in the nuts, next time someone say fucker the same way, you'll be weary they will attack you. the self aware part is if you catogorize it as an attack int eh nuts or a generalized assault on your self in any other way.

that's the real difference between self-aware, and just programming. the examples philosophers of old would have used would have been between instinct and reason. reason being you understanding a threat, and instinct being you understanding repetitious patterns.

but instincts don't even work this way they discovered, even with insects, like bees. they don't just build a honey comb like a machine placing blocks but can actually recognize if there is a wrong shape and fix it. it use to be thought insects were like robots are now. that they just had a bunch of responses and worked MINDLESSLY. but they have reason, even if it's just instinct.

... Smile whatever.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

21-06-2009 23:51 Homepage of Halph-Price
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3]
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Question #001 (self)