drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » 5:40 and I'm not asleep
Go to the bottom of this page 5:40 and I'm not asleep
Author
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I have slept approx. 3 hours these 3 last days. I have a project for my faculty that should be ready in 5 hours. Must say that I feel funny. I am not tired per se, but I am biologically tired. Cannot hold my concentration quite well. I even struggle at writing these letters and sentences.

I thought I started hearing some sounds etc. Hallucinations? heheh.

Ok, I'm off to work this out. Stay fast asleep Bigup

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
08-06-2009 05:44 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Tongue Big Grin hope u got ur project in on time matey Wink

__

08-06-2009 12:20 Homepage of Ketz
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

I've got the opposite problem, it's 10.47 here and I want to go too bed. Problem is, I'm doing night shift tomorrow. If I crash now, I will be up at 8am, start work tomorrow at 6pm and I've been asked to do a 12 hour shift Frown

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
08-06-2009 12:51
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I know what it feels like. My sleeping pattern is completely fucked after 10 years of switching days and nights several times a week. I usually sleep 2 or 3 times a day, one long sleep of 5-7 hours and 1 or 2 naps of 1-2 hours. Sometimes I'm awake all night, or I fall asleep 2 hours after waking up. I try to fix it by drinking liters of coffee and red bull but that doesn't help anymore, except for making me nervous hehe.

It's true you can start hallucinating when you haven't had enough sleep, I have experienced that many times, especially when driving at night. A typical thing that can happen is that you suddenly see someone standing on the highway, but when you look again it's just a lamp post or a sign, or a shadow cast over the highway... It's as if your brain is too tired to cope with perception anymore.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
08-06-2009 18:45 Homepage of thechronic
Sundancer Sundancer is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2721.png

Registration Date: 27-09-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.50

goddamit... you're in the same shoes i am... i am struggling to finish my license project for wednesday, and in the last 5 days i slept like 4 hours per day... and after that i will have 5 days to learn for the license exam...

well probably this is what i get for not doing it early Crying

__
Add me up on MySpace (link changed): myspace.com/SundancerDnb
08-06-2009 20:13 Homepage of Sundancer
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

unemployment has kinda reversed my sleeping pattern, i've been going to sleep around 4.30 and waking up around 15-16.. Makes my worry a lot about this wednesday and thursday, got to go to the drivingschool at 11 then Red Face

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
08-06-2009 22:26 Homepage of Friscko
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I have a normal daytime job (sing it: "working nine to five")... but I'm a night person.. love to make tunes very late or go for a walk in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep and all is quiet. I love sunsets, I hate dawn. I love stars at night.... But I need quite a lot of sleep so I should be in bed by midnight.

But I never ever do this so I'm tired all day (coffeeeeee, cola,...) then in the evening I start to feel better and at the time where I should go to bed I feel totally fresh and up for action. Then I got to bed around 2:30 am or even 3 am and get up at 7, feeling like a zombie and hating myself for it.
After a 5-day week I am exhausted and need the weekend for recovery.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
08-06-2009 22:56 Homepage of BattleDrone
Astrocyte Astrocyte is a male
Chef 'n' Bass

images/avatars/avatar-2777.jpg

Registration Date: 24-09-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I've gone back to bein a chef, get little sleep cos I have a 1-2hr commute in the morning and can't sleep when I come off shift so stay up til late.
I exist only on Relentless and strong coffee but am in the process of becoming immune.
Sometimes on my days off or late at night if I'm not too drained I get to do some music Drummer

But not often Crying

Seems like I exist only to sleep and cook!

__
Astrocyte - Kill em All, Track #10 from Team_174 "Off World" LP (FREE)
09-06-2009 00:53
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
I'm tired all day (coffeeeeee, cola,...) then in the evening I start to feel better and at the time where I should go to bed I feel totally fresh and up for action. Then I got to bed around 2:30 am or even 3 am and get up at 7, feeling like a zombie and hating myself for it.
After a 5-day week I am exhausted and need the weekend for recovery.

same here with one exception, I tend to fall asleep easily if I drink just small amounts of beer, one or two. works opposite if I have too many, then I cant sleep, neither do I think about the horrible morning and what it brings, when the blackest of black coffees cant shake the massive hangover accompanied with less than a two hour sleep

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
09-06-2009 00:58 Homepage of cynik
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I recovered this day a bit, slept about 7 hours during daytime. Now I don't feel sleepy even though it's bed time (1:52).

Damn.

Feels comfortable that I'm not the only one having these problems Big Grin

PS I am a night person as BD. I love those introverting walks at 3 am!

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
09-06-2009 01:54 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Astrocyte Astrocyte is a male
Chef 'n' Bass

images/avatars/avatar-2777.jpg

Registration Date: 24-09-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

i gotta get up @ 7, was my day off today, I literally did nothing all day cos I was too tired and now I can't sleep!!! Mad

__
Astrocyte - Kill em All, Track #10 from Team_174 "Off World" LP (FREE)
09-06-2009 02:01
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » 5:40 and I'm not asleep