drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Boss Me-50
Go to the bottom of this page Boss Me-50
Author
unregistered
Hi guys,
I own a boss ME-50B mutliple effects unit for my bass-guitar. But I dont have any clue on how to connect it to my pc. I dont have a soundcart with special producer functions, only line-in, output and mic-in I guess.
The Boss Me-50 has aux-in, phones-out and normal stereo output

I have FL, Cubase LE4, Reason (dont think it is possible in reason tough), and audacity,...
Is is possible? And how can I set it up?

Grtz
07-06-2009 11:12
ogenic ogenic is a male
old skool fools with new skool tools

images/avatars/avatar-2978.gif

Registration Date: 25-08-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I'm guessing you want to record your effected bass guitar into FL/Cubase. Take a lead from your ME-50's OUTPUT and plug it into your soundcards INPUT. Open up your volume control panel in xp/vista and check the line in level is up.That should be ok for the hardware side of things. There is a help menu in FL that will explain how to set up and record beter than me( pics too Big Grin ).

http://support.image-line.com/videotutorials/
search for recording audio Banana

__
OGENIC
Drummer

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ogenic: 07-06-2009 13:39.

07-06-2009 13:03
den_bert
unregistered
Thx for the help, but my plan was to use it as an effect only.
So for example, I load a soft synth and I want to add the boss Me-50 effects to it and record the result in my DAW.

Edit:
I think I found the way to do it Smile . I will connect the output of the boss to me Pc's line in (as ogenic proposed), my pc's output will go into the boss' aux-in and I will be listening with headphones pluged in to my boss. Im going to try it this evening Smile .

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by den_bert: 07-06-2009 15:27.

07-06-2009 14:57
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Boss Me-50