drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » Connecting a subwoofer
Go to the bottom of this page Connecting a subwoofer
Author
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-121.gif

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

Ok, I just realised that we still had a subwoofer from bose in our bassment...

We got this from an old friend some time ago, but it didn´t work when we tried to connect it to our installation... So it was rotting away in our bassment

Just this weekend I realised that maybe I could make it to work on my soundsystem. What if I just use the amp + transfo and the cones and make a new tube?

Any one think this could work?

Any one think he can help me out with this?

Cause I really don´t know SHIT about it :S All I know is that I need a lil more bass Tongue

__
Every monday from 200h00 till 22h00! Check --->

29-03-2004 11:03
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Confused dunno man, bose isn't really the most compatible thingie around, but quiet good equipment. it's worth trying off course. could you give any more data on the type nr etc.?

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
03-04-2004 22:49 Homepage of djfreemc
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

A new tube?? Confused

The trick is that the sub needs a mono signal that is summed from the stereo that comes out of your mixer. You can do it easily (without all those messy crossovers Big Grin ) when you hook it up bridged to a stereo amp, just feed the amp the stereo signal and connect the speaker to the outer speaker connectors (eg + on the left out, - on the right). This way you get a summed mono in the sub + you get the additional power of using both channels of the amp in bridge mode Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
04-04-2004 12:47 Homepage of thechronic
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » Connecting a subwoofer