drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Spor's studio
Go to the bottom of this page Spor's studio
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

LOOK DOWN

||
||
||
\/

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 02-06-2009 15:41.

02-06-2009 15:39 Homepage of Halph-Price
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

IMHO (love that line in posts) the first three songs do sound similar, but 1up and supernova were different. if you want to listen to how good a dnb artist is, listen tot he break downs. the first three songs, classic break downs, fade in syncopated drums, filtered, and then a synth gliding up in octaves. then pause, then insert bass and drums.

but 1up and supernova were good, supernova had the same break down as the rest. but at least it was later on with vocals. the first three songs even had the break down at the 1 min mark too, almost the exact same time.

say what you want, but that's it with a fine tooth comb for me, overal still great production, igot othing against doing good dnb tracks. this is looking at his songs from a production POV, not a dubhead POV.

now i am going to go and make songs that sound like SPORE

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 02-06-2009 15:41.

02-06-2009 15:40 Homepage of Halph-Price
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Acoustiks
Let me correct myself, similar. I listened to every one of those songs. I think the mane reason I dislike Spor is that,a lot coming out these days is trying to emulate HIS sound. After hearing it so much, I can't stand to listen to any of it.

He is a great technician, it just goes to show what FL Studio is truly capable of. IF I was to meet him, I would still be interested in seeing how he does things, reguardless if I liked his music or not.

I can understand this point. trouble is you said in the first post how "spor is crap" which was just wrong

if he would team up with someone, much like calyx did with teebee it would be killer

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
02-06-2009 16:09 Homepage of cynik
jeffijoe jeffijoe is a male
xSky

images/avatars/avatar-3448.gif

Registration Date: 15-06-2009

I'd say Spor's Bullet Time remix stands out. After listening to Spor for 2 months, nothing else than Spor, I got tired of it, and decided to take a break, and search for other good artists. I found some, love them, but when I heard his Bullet Time mix, I just couldnt turn it off again! That prooves (From my opinion) the Spors music sounds alike-theory wrong. Drummer

__
--- My Soundcloud ---
Jeffijoe - Distance EP [CrossBase]

02-10-2009 20:03 Homepage of jeffijoe
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by jeffijoe
I'd say Spor's Bullet Time remix stands out. After listening to Spor for 2 months, nothing else than Spor, I got tired of it, and decided to take a break, and search for other good artists. I found some, love them, but when I heard his Bullet Time mix, I just couldnt turn it off again! That prooves (From my opinion) the Spors music sounds alike-theory wrong. Drummer

It doesn't prove a lot dude, we aren't talking nuclear physics here, but TASTE, it only proves that any DnB head has a different taste than any other, all the rest are feelings, impressions and (according to Cartman from Southpark) "a bunch of tree hugging hippie crap".
And yes, I noticed you said "from my opinion", but still, it's a matter of taste.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
21-12-2009 15:13 Homepage of BattleDrone
xSky

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
quote:
Originally posted by jeffijoe

It doesn't prove a lot dude, we aren't talking nuclear physics here, but TASTE, it only proves that any DnB head has a different taste than any other, all the rest are feelings, impressions and (according to Cartman from Southpark) "a bunch of tree hugging hippie crap".
And yes, I noticed you said "from my opinion", but still, it's a matter of taste.

Yes, I said from MY opinion. Wink

__
--- My Soundcloud ---

24-12-2009 23:00 Homepage of jeffijoe
Skunkard

Registration Date: 26-09-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.00

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
Because I'm fed up with people that have no clue about FL.

What, like you?
19-01-2010 08:02 Homepage of Skunkard
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Skunkard
quote:

What, like you?

WRONG question. Muad'Dib is the talking FL Studio Bible.
Great first post! Love you!

__
19-01-2010 08:59 Homepage of BattleDrone
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
quote:
quote:

What, like you?

ROFL Thank you, BD. Big Grin

No, Skunkard, I know my deal of FL. And I've worked with Reason, Cubase, ProTools and I am still working with Ableton Live.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
19-01-2010 13:06 Homepage of Muad'Dib
xSky

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What, like you?

ROFL Thank you, BD. Big Grin

No, Skunkard, I know my deal of FL. And I've worked with Reason, Cubase, ProTools and I am still working with Ableton Live.

+1 for BD, Muad is a walking FL Bible. xD

__
--- My Soundcloud ---

19-01-2010 20:40 Homepage of jeffijoe
KoJeNt

Registration Date: 04-11-2009

i know this is probably a fairly old post at this point but for anyone that says you can`t use fruity in standalone and make a track is FOS....basically its not what you use its how you use it...you can run VSTs and DX effects in it....it has a mixer.....and has two slicing tools...it also has great automation, and the fact its pattern based gives you a different sort of work flow...sure you only get 99 mixer tracks....half you won`t use i`m sure.....it does have strong advantages and of course its disadvantages....i bounce around between FL9, Cubase 5, Sonar, and Ableton a lot....i learned to use all of them because different people i know all have different shit so it helps to know multiple programs....but using all of them....i can tell you...that FL will do just about anything any other daw will do...the workflow is a bit unconventional...but that is a strongpoint in itself...it has very inspiring editting effects...grossbeat is ill.....same with some of its filters....really good for bouncing drums to use in something else...if you export in pattern mode.....one thing i don`t like is working with audio in it....although it can be done....and far easier.........than REASON....so that said YES FL is more of an all-in-one studio solution than reason IMHO.....vst capability, can work with audio, native sampler (great for drum hits on pattern sequencer) records audio as well. i think using FL rewired actually takes away from its functionality tho....try it ull see...it has sync problems and whatnot.....but is a very capable DAW which should not be slept on....can give you a new angle to look at things from for sure.
05-04-2010 02:06
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

quote:
Originally posted by KoJeNt
i know this is probably a fairly old post at this point but for anyone that says you can`t use fruity in standalone and make a track is FOS....basically its not what you use its how you use it...you can run VSTs and DX effects in it....it has a mixer.....and has two slicing tools...it also has great automation, and the fact its pattern based gives you a different sort of work flow...sure you only get 99 mixer tracks....half you won`t use i`m sure.....it does have strong advantages and of course its disadvantages....i bounce around between FL9, Cubase 5, Sonar, and Ableton a lot....i learned to use all of them because different people i know all have different shit so it helps to know multiple programs....but using all of them....i can tell you...that FL will do just about anything any other daw will do...the workflow is a bit unconventional...but that is a strongpoint in itself...it has very inspiring editting effects...grossbeat is ill.....same with some of its filters....really good for bouncing drums to use in something else...if you export in pattern mode.....one thing i don`t like is working with audio in it....although it can be done....and far easier.........than REASON....so that said YES FL is more of an all-in-one studio solution than reason IMHO.....vst capability, can work with audio, native sampler (great for drum hits on pattern sequencer) records audio as well. i think using FL rewired actually takes away from its functionality tho....try it ull see...it has sync problems and whatnot.....but is a very capable DAW which should not be slept on....can give you a new angle to look at things from for sure.

ever heard of a paragraph?

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

06-04-2010 10:01 Homepage of D2o
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost

FL doesn't have them

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Crispy Liquids: 06-04-2010 20:01.

06-04-2010 20:01 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
izzi izzi is a male

images/avatars/avatar-2938.jpg

Registration Date: 11-11-2009

Confused
because I do not understand english very well yet,
I dont understand whether the FL stidio is a good DAW or not?
In case that FL is totally shit, what do you use?
sorry for my stupidity. My Mistake
31-05-2010 12:15
Puzzle Puzzle is a male
..zebra?

images/avatars/avatar-2746.gif

Registration Date: 27-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

FL Studio is a great DAW.

__
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube
31-05-2010 13:41 Homepage of Puzzle
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost
quote:
Originally posted by KoJeNt

@ghost: stop trolling, you wrote everything on one line as well Teeth

__
31-05-2010 23:18 Homepage of BattleDrone
Shui

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

I have to agree that it'd be really educating to learn from Spor. I didn't try anything in that direction in FL studio yet but I'd love to try something like
29-12-2010 15:25
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
that room looks mint....what are those speakers far right? recognise em.....good to see fl being run tin the b.ground too Drummer

Outer pair is Behringer, inner pair is Adam Audio A-series.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
19-01-2011 09:57 Homepage of thechronic
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

Some non-dnb artists that use FL-studio: Laidback Luke and Afrojack.

__
07-10-2011 22:03 Homepage of BattleDrone
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

And also DeadMau5, though I really can't understand how he'd gotten so famous Huh

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
08-10-2011 01:56 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 3 [4]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Spor's studio