drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Kenei - Mantra bassline growl in FL studio
Go to the bottom of this page Kenei - Mantra bassline growl in FL studio
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 18-04-2009

Hey,
im using FL studio version 8 , and i can't get the bass growl that i want, in-fact i can't get close to it .

One exacly like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xVq-wY1HdU

That is what i'm looking for, but i don't know what to do to get that sort of sound

Any good Plugins, engines, synths, Effects ??

Please help,

Using FL studio 8
20-04-2009 10:56
Puzzle Puzzle is a male
..zebra?

images/avatars/avatar-2746.gif

Registration Date: 27-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

Ketz' & Phyellas neuro bassline 'tutorials' might be pretty helpful... Wink

__
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube
20-04-2009 20:40 Homepage of Puzzle
KZSS
Producer

Registration Date: 23-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I'm convinced that the bassline is sample based rather than a synth . Mainly because I have the samples the main bass riff is made up of.

__
KZSS

www.myspace.com/kzss

www.myspace.com/mindsaw

www.myspace.com/ammunitionrecordings

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by KZSS: 11-05-2009 20:59.

11-05-2009 20:59 Homepage of KZSS
Puzzle Puzzle is a male
..zebra?

Helpfulness rating: 

Someone must have made the sample in the first place? Tongue

__
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube
11-05-2009 21:10 Homepage of Puzzle
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

well thats a pretty sick neuro bass, its not as easy as a step by step guide to make that kinda bassline, i would get stuck into making some decent reeces on ur own first using whatever synth u fancy (if ur starting out the FL one will do fine, 3xosc) and try different types of processing to make it big n phat, chorus, distortion, flange etc etc, theres plenty of tutorials online on how to make a standard dnb reece Wink

also try resampling reece samples twisting n turnin em with each step, really experimentation is key Bigup

__

11-05-2009 22:55 Homepage of Ketz
KZSS
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Puzzle
Someone must have made the sample in the first place? Tongue

Ok but i'm betting it wasnt Kenei Big Grin

Find me on aim (thekzss) and i'll send you the sample i have that is clearly used in this tune

__
KZSS

www.myspace.com/kzss

www.myspace.com/mindsaw

12-05-2009 08:22 Homepage of KZSS
cng361
Tourist

Registration Date: 07-06-2009

i believe this can be achieved with the love philter...sound basically like a reece to me, just modulated.
21-06-2009 06:21
Kenei

Registration Date: 21-07-2009

Helpfulness rating: 

Hello people,

I think that's the first time I write on a board...
so please wish me good luck ! ;-P

You're right KZSS, this sample is from a soundbank (I don't remember but I think I found it on DOA). I loved it when I listened to that sound, and when I used it, I liked it that way, so I didn't change it, just enhanced the stereo (with PSP plugin), distorted a bit with Super Camel Phat 2 and equalized it.

To answer to you Masherdude, I don't necessary use VSTIs directly for basslines. Ketz is totally right, that's basically a succession of processings.
Beetween 2007 and 2008 I had a VIRUS TI and sampled it a lot, and sold it after, so right now I have a full bank with my own WAV sounds. But since a couple of years, I think a lot of VST instruments have really strong possibilities to produce your own reecebasses, but of course you'll need to work 1 or 2 hours to give them a real identity, why not records nice notes directly, then fill your own basses folder. VSTIs like Massive, z3ta or Albino can give you very nice results. Good technicians with patience and skills can even use MS-20 or 3xOSC tu build very nice basses. You just have to understand the basics. I have seen the good tutorial a few years ago on french board Audiofanzine, with Absynth, it helped me a lot :

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/synthe-modula...bsynth,126.html
As you can see, whatever the VSTI you use... For people who don't understand french I'm sure you can find it in english somewhere (on DOA for exemple).

The best way for me is to produce my own WAVS, then sequence them, that's an easier way and my CPU feel better (but everyone have his own preferences...). I love the FL sampler, very easy to automate cutoff/res and all other enveloppes you can find in it. Good thing is also to use layers in FL, and use the same sound on several FX tracks, isolate some frequencies if you want to flange or filter just for hi-range for exemple...

Sorry if I'm not clear, by the way I'm french so if some belgians here talk french just tell me and I'll explain better in french ;-P

And don't hesitate to contact me on Myspace.

Cheers,
Sebastian
21-07-2009 17:47
Sephiroth Sephiroth is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3285.jpg

Registration Date: 11-04-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Kenei
Hello people,

I think that's the first time I write on a board...
so please wish me good luck ! ;-P

You're right KZSS, this sample is from a soundbank (I don't remember but I think I found it on DOA). I loved it when I listened to that sound, and when I used it, I liked it that way, so I didn't change it, just enhanced the stereo (with PSP plugin), distorted a bit with Super Camel Phat 2 and equalized it.

To answer to you Masherdude, I don't necessary use VSTIs directly for basslines. Ketz is totally right, that's basically a succession of processings.
Beetween 2007 and 2008 I had a VIRUS TI and sampled it a lot, and sold it after, so right now I have a full bank with my own WAV sounds. But since a couple of years, I think a lot of VST instruments have really strong possibilities to produce your own reecebasses, but of course you'll need to work 1 or 2 hours to give them a real identity, why not records nice notes directly, then fill your own basses folder. VSTIs like Massive, z3ta or Albino can give you very nice results. Good technicians with patience and skills can even use MS-20 or 3xOSC tu build very nice basses. You just have to understand the basics. I have seen the good tutorial a few years ago on french board Audiofanzine, with Absynth, it helped me a lot :

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/synthe-modula...bsynth,126.html
As you can see, whatever the VSTI you use... For people who don't understand french I'm sure you can find it in english somewhere (on DOA for exemple).

The best way for me is to produce my own WAVS, then sequence them, that's an easier way and my CPU feel better (but everyone have his own preferences...). I love the FL sampler, very easy to automate cutoff/res and all other enveloppes you can find in it. Good thing is also to use layers in FL, and use the same sound on several FX tracks, isolate some frequencies if you want to flange or filter just for hi-range for exemple...

Sorry if I'm not clear, by the way I'm french so if some belgians here talk french just tell me and I'll explain better in french ;-P

And don't hesitate to contact me on Myspace.

Cheers,
Sebastian

lol, big ups man! fuckin love your tunes and love the fact you use camel phat as well!! i never knew you used fl either.....if anyone can find that link in english that would be great, my french is a little rusty....

__
Sephiroth Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/sephiroth_rees

Sephiroth Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sephirothdnb

C-Sonix Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/c-sonix

C-Sonix Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/csonix
21-07-2009 21:34 Homepage of Sephiroth
Kenei

Registration Date: 21-07-2009

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks !

I don't know much people who don't use Camel Phat (or used to), used to be a must have for distortion and filtering, but he also have some inconveniences, for exemple in FL when you automate MINBP / MAXBP from 0 / 100 to another value you, it clips (so just draw your enveloppe from 1 / 99), and the "sub-middle range" sounds loud when you're playing down with MAXBP, it's ennoying when you want to use it hard or your whole drum bus for exemple. If you want real clean effect, better use Volcano or Simplon from Fabfilter, Antares Filter is very used by Neurofunk producers too.... Anyway there's a lot of good ones ^^

Usefull link about reece bass basics :
http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php...535903&cache=51

About working on a bass, this tutorial from Justin Todd (Spinlock) could help (watch the video, this is Massive/Cubase but whatever...) :
http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php...20&pagenumber=2
(DIRECT LINK TO VIDEO FOR LAZY PEOPLE : http://www.mediafire.com/?71xdhqtnymn , but I would advice to read first...)

And don't forget : GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND ! ;-P
22-07-2009 07:41
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

Hey Kenei,

Thats a wicked track my friend. Like it a lot.

welcome to the site, I'm sure I can speak for the others in saying I hope you become a regular on here. Happy

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
22-07-2009 08:27
Puzzle Puzzle is a male
..zebra?

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by brucifer
Hey Kenei,

Thats a wicked track my friend. Like it a lot.

welcome to the site, I'm sure I can speak for the others in saying I hope you become a regular on here. Happy

Indeed, welcome Drummer Wink

__
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube
22-07-2009 13:59 Homepage of Puzzle
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

big up, Kenei, thanks for the insight! I appreciate it very much. love the track.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

22-07-2009 17:06 Homepage of Halph-Price
masherdude
Tourist

Registration Date: 18-04-2009

Thanks alot Sebastion for the info, and i sure will contact you in the near future
31-07-2009 14:35
KZSS
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Wicked Kenei ! Big ups man.
Sorry to kind of call you out on the sample use ! I love that sound ! I think you've used it better than i've managed so far tho.

Hit me up on aim or something dude.

Adam KZSS

__
KZSS

www.myspace.com/kzss

www.myspace.com/mindsaw

23-09-2009 04:35 Homepage of KZSS
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Kenei - Mantra bassline growl in FL studio