drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » mapping controlers
Go to the bottom of this page mapping controlers
Author
old skool fools with new skool tools

images/avatars/avatar-2978.gif

Registration Date: 25-08-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Me again Roll Eyes
How do I get my vsti's to map their knobs ect to my Novation Remote 25?
Is there like a preset or something? Or a universal mapper or auto detect?
Thanks fellas. Big Grin

OGENIC
Drummer

__
OGENIC
Drummer
12-04-2009 10:23
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

Open the vst, move the knob you want to link to your controller with the mouse, click the plugin's options (left corner of the wrapper), select “last tweaked parameter” and then logically “link to controller”. done.
12-04-2009 10:31 Homepage of Gregg
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

Forgot to mention that after the remote control settings opened (last step) you just turn the desired knob at your controller to decide where it should be linked to.
12-04-2009 10:35 Homepage of Gregg
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

you can also choose "browse parameters" in the wrapper, which will give you a (usually big) list of parameters that can be linked. For 4front's free piano module, you can't see any parameters in the VST but there are some to control this way!
You'll notice however that a whole bunch of VST's will have the same settings at the same number:
CC #1 will be your modulation controller
CC #2 will be breath control (for example for a saxophone)
CC #64 will be your piano sustain pedal

Besides that, some controls will work better with other means of controlling it.
The sustain pedal for example would work better with a muted peak controller on a simple single sine (to switch on/off) than it would with an automation clip or events controller.
Breath control is perfect to record live into your events, and so is modulation;

Btw did you get all your knobs to work?
I got myself an M-Audio Oxygen 61 and found that installing the mapping M-Audio supplies for FL would make just the start/stop buttons work but not the keyboard and not the sliders and knobs, and keeping the defaults would let me use anything except the start/stop controls.
Obviously the choice wasn't very difficult but I'm still wondering how I could get them both to work (what the midi signals are for start/stop/pause/ffwd)

cheers

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Crispy Liquids: 12-04-2009 10:53.

12-04-2009 10:52 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
ogenic ogenic is a male
old skool fools with new skool tools

images/avatars/avatar-2978.gif

Registration Date: 25-08-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

thanks fellas Big Grin

__
OGENIC
Drummer
25-04-2009 10:16
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » mapping controlers