drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Unexplainable sytrus clipping
Go to the bottom of this page Unexplainable sytrus clipping
Author

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

Hi guys, I'm finishing one project by this time and the last thing I need to resolve is terrible clipping of my sytrus. I use it with violin ensemble presets (dunno which one, i would have to look at it), it has quite synthetic sound and that's exactly what I need, other VSTi's i found over the web all sound too real :| Anyway, do you have any ideas how to get rid of the clipping? CPU load is really low in that quiet passage, where the sytrus plays, and the clipping is hearable even when i render whole track. I tried to lower the number of unison voices - but no change. So I'm open to any ideas or tips for similar sounding VSTi...
07-04-2009 16:28
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

when exactly is it clipping?

is it when notes start or stop or is it just random?

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

07-04-2009 17:11 Homepage of D2o
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

could you post the project?
you could remove the other instruments/scores/etc if you don't want to share your entire project

grts

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
07-04-2009 19:20 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Try to check the start and end points on every voice the patch has, as it might cause abrupt sound that sounds like clipping.

BTW where did you find those patches? Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
07-04-2009 19:38 Homepage of Muad'Dib
2NiNe

It seems to be related to note attack, here's the a cutout, where you can hear it clearly (right after the "impact"): http://www.mediafire.com/?di21zj2yjzn
The patch was already included in sytrus installation...you don't have it there? (I have sytrus v 2.6)

EDIT: It's definitely connected with attack, now I remember that I've been tweaking that preset a little bit, 'coz the original has quite slow attack, plus, original preset doesn't clip...and I doubt that it's caused by something else in track. I can stick here original project later if I still won't know where's the problem.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 2NiNe: 07-04-2009 20:28.

07-04-2009 20:17
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Yeah, it is definitely the attack setting. Just add a 5-25 ms fade in/attack on the voice. That should help ya.

Or, you can render the strings to wav a bit longer, and then cut the first clippy part sharply.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
07-04-2009 20:38 Homepage of Muad'Dib
PLaGuE CeLL PLaGuE CeLL is a male
Subwoofer on a Killing Spree

images/avatars/avatar-1457.jpg

Registration Date: 13-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

No time to download but from your description it sounds like it could be something like the waves not being at a neutral point in their cycle when you trigger them. Nudge the attack up ever so slightly to get rid of it, or turn on oscillator sync (it'll start the waveform from the beginning when you trigger it) [i don't know if sytrus has osc sync but meh

__
My Myspace
07-04-2009 21:45
2NiNe

Problem solved Smile It was caused by messed up oscillator envelopes. Thank you guys for your great advices, I have to say that this forum board rocks Smile I've been lookin' around and I really like what I saw Smile
10-04-2009 00:31
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Unexplainable sytrus clipping