drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » I Need Help! (free or cheap DAW wanted)
Go to the bottom of this page I Need Help! (free or cheap DAW wanted)
Author

Registration Date: 18-03-2009

Hey Guys.. I'm a totaly new to producing drum and bass.. do any of you know of free or cheap software i could use to get myself started? i'd prefer it to be free as i am abit hard up at the moment and don't really want to spend alot of money on some software just to find out the ideas i have in my head don't really work.. if you do know of any i'd be ever so greatful, Thank youSmile x
18-03-2009 11:58
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

if ur just starting out pick up some demo copies of the various DAWs to see which work suites you best (eg FL, Reason, Cubase etc) the demos are free and available on the official DAW sites Bigup

Reason - www.propellerheads.se

FL - http://flstudio.image-line.com/

__

18-03-2009 12:41 Homepage of Ketz
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

yeah fruity and reason are the best programs to start with.

theres a shitload tutorial videos for reason (not sure on frooty) for starting up nowadays so its an obvious choice for beginners

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
18-03-2009 12:51 Homepage of cynik
Chris2392

okie dokeSmile Thanks!! x
18-03-2009 13:16
Chris2392

One last question.. What components would i need in a basic track? becasue i have been watching youtube tutorials and none of them actually say what you need they just show you how to mix them together.. i know i must sound so stupid but at the moment i'm just a fan of drum and bass and don't know a great deal else about how its produced well and i don't know the names of all the components like breaks and that.. if someone could explain any i might need in a basic track then i will leave you at peaceSmile lol x
18-03-2009 13:32
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
yeah fruity and reason are the best programs to start with.

theres a shitload tutorial videos for reason (not sure on frooty) for starting up nowadays so its an obvious choice for beginners

There is a massive load of video tuts for fruty, too, ya reason head Devil

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
18-03-2009 13:34 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

quote:
Originally posted by Chris2392
One last question.. What components would i need in a basic track? becasue i have been watching youtube tutorials and none of them actually say what you need they just show you how to mix them together.. i know i must sound so stupid but at the moment i'm just a fan of drum and bass and don't know a great deal else about how its produced well and i don't know the names of all the components like breaks and that.. if someone could explain any i might need in a basic track then i will leave you at peaceSmile lol x

all u need is an all in one program like Reason or FL (or Cubase but that requires u to get ur hands on some VSTs to use), Reason is an all in one package that contains synthesizers, drum machines, samplers, effects, get ur hands on some samples (bass samples, drum samples etc) u can start with the samples section on this site - and have a go at putting together something Wink the only way of learning is to get stuck in Big Grin

__

18-03-2009 13:45 Homepage of Ketz
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » I Need Help! (free or cheap DAW wanted)