drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Cheap Decks
Go to the bottom of this page Cheap Decks
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 12-10-2003

I no that obviously it depends where u get them from

but i want to know the cheapest turntables and mixer r (that r still usable) 4 my mate hoo wants to start djin... any ideas?

__
Bigup
22-03-2004 11:12
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

first off all, u shouldn't go for absolutely the cheapest, because it will mostly be crap. Whatever u do stay away from beltdrive TT's. Numark & Gemini have some nice gear for reasonable prices. But don't buy gemini cd-players. For a mixer there are a bit more possibilities, but I think u will find something nice in the gemini or numark range too. Don't go for the very little cheap ones because they're no good. EQ is something u need.

*commercial mode* Still have a jbsystems me2 5 channel mixer I want to get rid off, prices are negotiable (pm me if u/ur friend are interested). It's ok for starting out with - well I did anyway-. */commercial mode*

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 22-03-2004 11:39.

22-03-2004 11:37 Homepage of djfreemc
Phazzy Phazzy is a male
Cool Producer

Yea belt drive turntables r all a pile of shit... started off with them myself... if u stop the record to cue it in perfectly, it takes a couple of seconds to speed up properly!!

No.. what it was i was askin was whether its better to start off with quite poor decks and build ure way up... or to start with some flashy stuff and keep it 4 a long time

__
Bigup
23-03-2004 12:29
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

hard to say actually, how much do u want to/ can you spend. is your friend someone who would keep on spinning till the end of time or more someone who will be tired of it after a year? ... maybe the best solution is to go for middle class when starting out?

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
26-03-2004 21:17 Homepage of djfreemc
Phazzy Phazzy is a male
Cool Producer

AGREED

__
Bigup
31-03-2004 22:22
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Cheap Decks