drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Studio 9
Go to the bottom of this page FL Studio 9
Author
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

well you can download the beta 8.5 and see for yourself, the 'normal' playlist that it has now is really a step backwards for me, I loved pattern blocks because it was clear what was in them even though you couldn't *really* see it, but you could pretty much guess it or just check the name.

The new playlist takes more space, while you can't really say it shows much more real info than the pattern blocks system.

Moreover, if it takes more space (vertically), you can at most have more info on a few patterns, but if you use more patterns you'll have less information (none about the ones out of your view)

They still include the pattern blocks system, but in such a way that it is very inpractical to use (the automation clips at the top, and highlighted always for scrolling vertically), you can't switch the panels anymore!

I really think it's stupid, the least they could do is include pattern blocks as an option, but oh no they HAVE TO look like every damn other sequencer out there apparently.

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
10-04-2009 01:29 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Rekka
well you can download the beta 8.5 and see for yourself, the 'normal' playlist that it has now is really a step backwards for me, I loved pattern blocks because it was clear what was in them even though you couldn't *really* see it, but you could pretty much guess it or just check the name.

The new playlist takes more space, while you can't really say it shows much more real info than the pattern blocks system.

Moreover, if it takes more space (vertically), you can at most have more info on a few patterns, but if you use more patterns you'll have less information (none about the ones out of your view)

They still include the pattern blocks system, but in such a way that it is very inpractical to use (the automation clips at the top, and highlighted always for scrolling vertically), you can't switch the panels anymore!

I really think it's stupid, the least they could do is include pattern blocks as an option, but oh no they HAVE TO look like every damn other sequencer out there apparently.

I totally agree with you. This is a moronic addition which I totally do not support.
At least they should have left the option to be able to switch the panels' position Devil Evil Mad

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
12-04-2009 23:47 Homepage of Muad'Dib
INSIDETECH

Registration Date: 18-09-2009

Great Job!!
You just keep doin it!! Go into it!!
Dont spend time reading some low comments, etx.
Just move forward with primary stuff.

The right person will find you, and ull show what u got!

Never stop, dot fear nothing!!
18-09-2009 10:20
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

lol, I was surprised to see that I wrote that post myself :p
Anyways, the scrolling works now in FL9, though swapping the panels is absolutely completely gone.

The extra information the pattern clips add mean absolutely nothing to me. You can barely see any difference between clips unless you zoom in more than you normally would...

Whereas I would've slightly hidden the automation clips at the bottom or my projects back in the days, now you really have to put them somewhere around your other clips... And that of course, is problematic when you have let's say 6 tracks you're using for drums basses and leads, and you have another 6 automation clips you need to have going at that point. How will you make that filter sweep at the perfectly right moment when you can't even see the pattern clip it has effect on? I guess that's something they forgot about!

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
19-09-2009 10:09 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
soni18

Registration Date: 27-12-2009

Where is it?

The "swap panels" in the Playlist/View is missing in FL 9 ?

This is one of the worst change to the program.

Patterns was one the main reason im using FL.
Im keeping FL 8 but start looking elsewhere and going with Cubase 5
which introduced "Track Folders" and DP has chunk window
exactly what IL guys trying to get rid off.

After every creation comes destruction !

SAD

YES This is a moronic addition.
27-12-2009 14:32
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I stick to v7... didn't see any improvements since then.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
27-12-2009 14:41 Homepage of BattleDrone
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Studio 9