drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Studio 9
Go to the bottom of this page FL Studio 9
Author
Blazed Bandits

Registration Date: 20-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Taken from "http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=14001"
Any registerd users no when this is coming out?...

Post Intact "Ok this would be a real update for FL Studio (it doesnt a bunch of new generators/effects and bugfixes)

My english is horrible, ll try to explain but I think that the pictures talks itself.

FL Studio 9 what's new

1. New playlist section.
2. Added slots for MIDI effects and Playlist Audio effects
3. New freezing tracks
4. Full multicore support
5. New browser snap, now hide its posible.
6. New MIDI delay compensation.
7. Packs of generator and effects (free & demo)

1. New playlist section.

FL Studio 9 now can use (and hide individually) three different playlist. Two of them are the classic Pattern PlayList and Free PlayList. The new playlist is the Track Based Playlist. You can route the track to the desired FL Studio Mixer insert channel. Also you can record in them as a classic secuencer.

2. Added slots for effects (Playlist Effects)

The track based playlist can host up 4 Midi Effects and 4 Audio Effects. You can switch them with the MFX and AFX buttons. Red buttons mean that there are effects added.

3. Freeze

FL Studio can freeze individual tracks from Track Based using the F button. You can move the patterns, delete them or add new audio effects because the patterns are freezed individually (with their time based track effects too (not the mixer effects), but you cannot see their tails)
But you cannot add midi effects, or delete/change any effects, or change the patterns, because the Playlist Effects are freezed too.

Freezed tracks are in blue.

4. Full multicore support

FL Studio support multicore processors for every generator and effect.

5. New Browser snap

Now you can hide the folders in browser. So you can have a real plugin organizer in a Snap, all the sample folder in another snap... etc

6. MIDI delay compensation

MIDI Out, Dashboard and FL Synthmaker can delay the out MIDI messages, now you can use hardware synth in perfect sync with your song/loop.

7. Packs of generator and effects

blablablablablabalbal New effect for external hardware effects device blablbablablabla"
06-03-2009 10:42
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

This is a suggestion someone made, it's not the feature-list of FL9.

The only official confirmations of FL9 features can be found on Gol's youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/anothergol

There he demonstrates some of the features for FL9

There's no post however officially announcing FL9's features, or even the year FL9 will come out... Well everyone knows it can't be too far from now, but none of the developers said anything about how far or close it is.

Some dude at the forums made a post about FL9 being released on 9/9/2009 but I don't think image-line is all that crazy about dates :p

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
06-03-2009 12:06 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

reason to get a multi core now

and it looks like there going for the pro tools/logic look. good.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

08-03-2009 09:18 Homepage of Halph-Price
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by c0rksteria
1. New playlist section.

FL Studio 9 now can use (and hide individually) three different playlist. Two of them are the classic Pattern PlayList and Free PlayList. The new playlist is the Track Based Playlist. You can route the track to the desired FL Studio Mixer insert channel. Also you can record in them as a classic secuencer.

whats that, doesnt look like a classic sequencer. when are they actually gonna do a REAL sequencer and none of that playlist-pattern-main automation crap

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
08-03-2009 10:59 Homepage of cynik
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:
1. New playlist section.

whats that, doesnt look like a classic sequencer. when are they actually gonna do a REAL sequencer and none of that playlist-pattern-main automation crap

I actually quite like it that way. It is not crap.
It is a matter of adjustment.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
08-03-2009 13:32 Homepage of Muad'Dib
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

sorry mate I quite get that. its just that it could be done the right way, as well as keep the old pattern layout, but it doesnt happen

__
08-03-2009 13:44 Homepage of cynik
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
sorry mate I quite get that. its just that it could be done the right way, as well as keep the old pattern layout, but it doesnt happen

Well, they went to include wave and pattern clips in parallel to the pattern-only based work, which made the whole thing a lot easier and better.

It is just a different way of work, that's all.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
08-03-2009 18:54 Homepage of Muad'Dib
den_bert
unregistered
A freezing track function would be very usefull, espacially when using mulitple vst's like massive.
I hope they add some new generators and hopefully some effects too. Because i practically never use TS404, Wasp,DX10 or Beepmap (xD), Sytrus is usefull in some situations and 3xOsc is very limited but efficient.
08-03-2009 19:57
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

an advanced 3xOSC would be nice. If you could make real presets for this thing that could be shared with others it would be so much better.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
09-03-2009 14:24 Homepage of BattleDrone
Acoustiks Acoustiks is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2700.gif

Registration Date: 28-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

quote:
quote:
1. New playlist section.

If you don't like it, don't use it. It's like a MAC vs PC argument; retarded.
09-03-2009 18:09
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

If they’ll ever make it look alike this, I’ll stop using FL!

and I know I’m superficial! Evil
09-03-2009 18:14 Homepage of Gregg
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Acoustiks
quote:
quote:
1. New playlist section.

its not. but what would you know being such a fruity fanboy

Im not here to slag FL

I dont care what it is. I do care if it gets the job done. Id use it if the sequencer was working but for me its not

its actually annoying cause I think in general frooty has some cool bits. they could just add a simple working sequencer and it would make life so much easier. by all means keep the old layout but try adding something that every single daw has. but they wont do it because theyre scared that the loyal fanbase will soon find out how other sequencers work and easily switch to something else. its all marketing

__
09-03-2009 19:21 Homepage of cynik
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

they already did it, you can hide the classic fruity pattern blocks and only use waves/pattern clips (showing notes)/automation clips...

It's in there, but I prefer pattern blocks because it's smaller and I know what is where at all times, if it were all pattern clips I'd find it more confusing. It's a matter of taste, and propably getting used to one system

cheers
btw once again this is not a features list, it's a request post on the fl forums...

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
09-03-2009 21:27 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Acoustiks Acoustiks is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2700.gif

Registration Date: 28-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
1. New playlist section.

Im not here to slag FL

I dont care what it is. I do care if it gets the job done. Id use it if the sequencer was working but for me its not

its actually annoying cause I think in general frooty has some cool bits. they could just add a simple working sequencer and it would make life so much easier. by all means keep the old layout but try adding something that every single daw has. but they wont do it because theyre scared that the loyal fanbase will soon find out how other sequencers work and easily switch to something else. its all marketing

I'm no 'fruity fanboy'. I've used other programs, I find the workflow of this program much more comfortable. By the way, FL does have a standard sequencer.

The only thing different is going about making the patterns. Big Grin
10-03-2009 22:44
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
1. New playlist section.

Im not here to slag FL

I'm no 'fruity fanboy'. I've used other programs, I find the workflow of this program much more comfortable. By the way, FL does have a standard sequencer.

The only thing different is going about making the patterns. Big Grin

i am a fruity fan boy, and that looks like a standard sequencer with a pattern bar below, which is a fruity thing.... it's got tracks for recording or midi, just limited fx?

i record audio allt he tiem like any other sequencer on fruity. it's the loading smaple sand patterns that make fruity any different at all from any other sequencer... can use anything to make music, and frankly that's the format of any other sequencer.

by all means there will be a size mod for that as well, that's obviously not the most compact. but i mean record for sperate tracks, .... it was on the FX channle before, now it's int he sequencer page where it belongs....

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 11-03-2009 07:31.

11-03-2009 07:28 Homepage of Halph-Price
ogenic ogenic is a male
old skool fools with new skool tools

images/avatars/avatar-2978.gif

Registration Date: 25-08-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

So, I'm guessing the answer is no one knows when it is coming out? Big Grin

__
OGENIC
Drummer
17-03-2009 17:23
selig
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
Originally posted by ogenic

The beta came out today.
20-03-2009 22:36
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by selig
quote:

The beta came out today.

It is 8.5 beta, not 9 Smile

__

-Bene Gesserit
21-03-2009 04:25 Homepage of Muad'Dib
selig
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
quote:
Originally posted by selig
quote:

The beta came out today.

It is 8.5 beta, not 9 Smile

When it's released officially it'll be called fl9.

According to JMC the release date is 9/9/09 btw.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by selig: 21-03-2009 16:27.

21-03-2009 10:43
Sephiroth Sephiroth is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3285.jpg

Registration Date: 11-04-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

f**kin hell finally, a normal sequencer for fl! its good they kept the normal method too, looking forward to this, looks like a new chapter in the fl saga...

__
Sephiroth Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/sephiroth_rees

Sephiroth Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sephirothdnb

C-Sonix Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/c-sonix

C-Sonix Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/csonix
25-03-2009 20:22 Homepage of Sephiroth
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Studio 9