drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Oh Yeah This Is Awsome
Go to the bottom of this page Oh Yeah This Is Awsome
Author
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i can now review tunes.

but one thing i find odd, and it's seems to be pointed out directly, but how EQ and COMPRESSION are tried to be in 2 different fields. they are one and the same. even the way it's listed seems to suggest that compression is and effect separate of EQ. compression is a form of EQ. EQ "Equalization is used to manipulate the timbre of musical instruments and sounds."

any instrument that gets compressed the loudest frequencies get pushed down the quieter ones increase. it's just dynamic, it can even be used to target specific frequencies using a de-esser.

but whatever, i guess most people wouldn't think of it that way, but still i wouldn't think of it as an effect like a delay or distortion. side-chain i would think of as more and effect, but .. meh,,,

I CAN HEAR THE MUSIC NOW.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

01-03-2009 02:08 Homepage of Halph-Price
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I can see what your point is, but I feel it is good to keep them apart for voting. Compression and EQ are still very different skills even though they do influence eachother. Someone can have a good feel for EQ but compress a tune to shit, so imo having them seperate is useful for voting.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
29-03-2009 05:15 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

EQ and compression the same Huh

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

29-03-2009 17:04 Homepage of Surya
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Oh Yeah This Is Awsome