drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » I pods suck ass
Go to the bottom of this page I pods suck ass
Author
Player

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

what the fuck has the world come to? can someone please tell me an alternative to the i pod? there are loads of players out there other than the i pod, but they are max like 2-4 gigs, and that is not enough!

You have to use the I pod through I tunes, which is annoying, and if you mistype a name of an artist simply but making one letter a capital, it puts two of the artists name...

When I was last looking for an alternative, a mate told me that microsoft did one, but I looked on their website and the one they had they stopped making. Crying

__
www.myspace.com/digitalcause
www.myspace.com/mysterious1000
27-02-2009 22:41
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Creative have some good media players, the Zen etc.
Yeah, ipods sucks, I had an iphone and had the same troubles you mentioned.
You probably think about Microsoft Zune.

You can take some mp3 player which has SD card slot and add extra memory (up to 16 gb recently developed).

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
27-02-2009 23:01 Homepage of Muad'Dib
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I 101% agree with you Happy

Check www.anythingbutipod.com. There are some really good alternatives to the Borg Apple out there and best of all: they are cheaper too.

Creative Zen Mozaic has an 8GB version, the sound quality is ver modest though.
I would get a Sandisk Sansa Clip 8GB (around $160) which sounds really good.

But do read about it and do try before buy...

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
27-02-2009 23:02 Homepage of BattleDrone
Saikonutta
not helpful ^^

Registration Date: 09-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.83

the ipod is potentially not that bad,

it's a good device

just make a few modifications to do whatever you like with it: (for free!)

http://ipodlinux.org/wiki/Main_Page

http://www.macworld.com/article/49843/2006/03/ipodtips.html

good luck!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Saikonutta: 28-02-2009 02:38.

28-02-2009 02:38
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by Digital Cause
what the fuck has the world come to? can someone please tell me an alternative to the i pod? there are loads of players out there other than the i pod, but they are max like 2-4 gigs, and that is not enough!

You have to use the I pod through I tunes, which is annoying, and if you mistype a name of an artist simply but making one letter a capital, it puts two of the artists name...

When I was last looking for an alternative, a mate told me that microsoft did one, but I looked on their website and the one they had they stopped making. Crying

zen, i got a nice Zen Stone Plus, the thing is small 2 gigs of memory, cost me 50 bucks, has a protective skin, fm tuner, speakers too, and a mic for recording ideas. 50 bucks.

and if it ever freezes up theres software on their site to unlock it, thats the biggest horror story, but if you just update the firmware, it fixes a lot of issues and usually improves the software, like hearing the music sped up when you fast seach.

frankly it's everything i want in a mp3 player. a small screen just to see what songs playing, fits in my pocket easy, and if i pauses it it will auto shut down depending onw aht setting you put it on.

they also have cool deals for monthly subscription to music unlike ipods.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 28-02-2009 07:58.

28-02-2009 07:54 Homepage of Halph-Price
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

the hardware of the ipod is actually good, it is the software that bothers most people complaining about it. So I suggest you try rockbox, so you can get rid of itunes, and get more possibilities.

you can also check this thread: Want to dump my iPod / iTunes

As for creative players, my GF has a zen stone and is not really satisfied with it, batteries run out all of the time, even when the thing is turned off! Since she uses it only occasionally, the battery is always gone, which makes it as good as useless.

I have heard good stuff about the Iriver and Archos players.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
28-02-2009 15:10 Homepage of djfreemc
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I had the same problem as you, wanted to get rid of iTunes, and am using Rockbox now in combination with Foobar2000, and am very happy with it.

See link in post above ^^^^

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
28-02-2009 17:10 Homepage of thechronic
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
the hardware of the ipod is actually good, it is the software that bothers most people complaining about it. So I suggest you try rockbox, so you can get rid of itunes, and get more possibilities.

you can also check this thread: Want to dump my iPod / iTunes

As for creative players, my GF has a zen stone and is not really satisfied with it, batteries run out all of the time, even when the thing is turned off! Since she uses it only occasionally, the battery is always gone, which makes it as good as useless.

I have heard good stuff about the Iriver and Archos players.

i find the zen stone plus lasts a lot longery battery wise, i had a regular zen stone, and that did die a lot eventually.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

01-03-2009 01:26 Homepage of Halph-Price
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

I have quite an old creative zen 60gb. This thing looks like a walkman and is about as reliable. I've had 2 as the hard drive died on one. it likes to turn it's self off randomly due to a very clever design fault - the battery compartment is too big for the battery therefore if you move it too much the battery moves around inside and it loses power, therefore turning off and resetting back to whatever you were listening too last time you turned it off. Which can be really annoying if you've just made yourself a playlist on the fly.

It sucks big time. but it's still better than the Ipod Big Grin
03-03-2009 13:37
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
i find the zen stone plus lasts a lot longery battery wise, i had a regular zen stone, and that did die a lot eventually.

It is a zen stone plus actually, but the older type, without the built-in speaker.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
03-03-2009 18:28 Homepage of djfreemc
rez rez is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2730.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

I have a Sony NW-HD5... 20 GB, amazing sound quality, good battery life... really a great player.
only downside is that you have to use Sonic Stage...

__
o_O
03-03-2009 21:21
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » I pods suck ass