drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Ear Quailty Checker
Go to the bottom of this page Ear Quailty Checker
Author
Cymatics

images/avatars/avatar-2734.jpg

Registration Date: 11-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.33

Check this link its a tone that only kids can hear cause they haven't demolished their ears...can ya hear it?

http://www.trainhorns.net/sound/

__

www.soundcloud.com/riveraccorsi
27-02-2009 02:05 Homepage of Dethworm
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

yeah and some idiots have hurting-high frequency sounds on their mobile phones and think it's funny to play them in classes and stuff, really pathetic and stupid!

I mean come no, you're sitting in classes, you know others will hear it, what you do when they look at you? Grin like an idiot, that's what they do!
In the train some guy was being tough and threatening to hit me and stuff when I said it was anoying ...

"Klakskes"

But yeah I can hear it, but it's an anoying high, hurting tone.

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
27-02-2009 02:37 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

this is why you learn judo.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

27-02-2009 04:20 Homepage of Halph-Price
Sundancer Sundancer is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2721.png

Registration Date: 27-09-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.50

yea... i can hear it. then the headache comes in Passout

__
Add me up on MySpace (link changed): myspace.com/SundancerDnb
27-02-2009 09:08 Homepage of Sundancer
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

Im sure that only around 12kHz

You'd have to have pretty fucked up ears or be quite old not to hear that

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

27-02-2009 09:20 Homepage of D2o
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

is this that hi pulse like sound??? my mate has this thing on his phone and it FUCKS ME OFF everytime he plays it aaaargh!

__

27-02-2009 14:54 Homepage of Ketz
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Ketz
is this that hi pulse like sound??? my mate has this thing on his phone and it FUCKS ME OFF everytime he plays it aaaargh!

seems like your mate is an idiot Roll Eyes
hope they steal his phone :p

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
27-02-2009 19:15 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Wally D Wally D is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-3429.jpg

Registration Date: 02-06-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I am sooo fuked Teeth

I barely heard that tone.

__
http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/store/Infinite-Recordings
http://soundcloud.com/wallyd79
AIM wallyd79
01-03-2009 23:02 Homepage of Wally D
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

prolly, if you can't hear the high pitch whine of a CRT tube, (i.e. a Televison) then yo have lost that high freq reception. I can hear it and it buggs me. I mix for live concerts even.

i wear ear plugs to the clubs, if you have one bear, the mechanism your body does to helpe protect your earings by shifting your 3 little ear drum bones, is moot because your reaction reflex is gone.

so if you drink at the bars, where they happen to play music, you start to lose hearing, irreversably, as soon as you're buzzed.

and trust me, you hear the music just fine, if not better, after a few minutes you adjust, and can even talk with people in the club EASIER, because all the high end was masking vocal speech.

and the bass is still bass, nothing short of 60 feet of lead stops bass. you don't hear it as much as FEEL it.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 01-03-2009 23:24.

01-03-2009 23:24 Homepage of Halph-Price
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

Once you loose you hearing there is nooo fixing it so look after the hearing you have

I got some ear plugs and wear them to raves.

Like Halph said, its actually easier to talk to people in the clubs. ok the music wont be as loud but the bass will still be pumping through your chest (which is the best part no? Big Grin )

Plus you dont get any ringing in your ears the next day.

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

01-03-2009 23:38 Homepage of D2o
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

you get use to the music's loudness after, the humans "threshold of hearing" will change depending on the volume. in an anechoic chamber it drops so low you can hear the blood pumping through yuor body, in a club it raises so loud, it makes everything seem so much quiter.

if you wear the ear plugs for over 10 minutes and take them off, the music actually sounds too loud, and painful.

if you leave the club disorientated (aka vertigo where up and down feel off, or your're spinning or flipping when standing still) and didn't drink, it's because your ears were so damaged, that your equilibrium was messed with, quite possibly ear drum dmg.

your ears are very delicate, and clubs play the music too loud, specially at the end of the night, because most DJ's don't get a proper monitor mix. and aren't as intelligent about the finer qualities of mixing. louder =/= better

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

02-03-2009 00:00 Homepage of Halph-Price
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

I can hear it fine. After years of wearing headphones on full volume, I'm suprised but somewhat relieved Smile

I always wear earplugs at gigs now, after spending too many years waking up with my ears still ringing from the night before. I find that rock/metal/noise gigs are usually worse on the ears than drum&bass/other electronic nights. I was purchasing the most expensive disposable plugs but I think it's time to get some custom made fo rmy ears. It's of utmost importance that I am reducing the volume but not losing any frequencies.
03-03-2009 10:51
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Yawn
I can hear it fine. After years of wearing headphones on full volume, I'm suprised but somewhat relieved Smile

I always wear earplugs at gigs now, after spending too many years waking up with my ears still ringing from the night before. I find that rock/metal/noise gigs are usually worse on the ears than drum&bass/other electronic nights. I was purchasing the most expensive disposable plugs but I think it's time to get some custom made fo rmy ears. It's of utmost importance that I am reducing the volume but not losing any frequencies.

you cannot mix with ear plugs. you can mix, then put on earplugs and assume it sounds good still. but you cannot mix with ear plugs.

if you're not mixing though, wear them. when i worked at music gigs, even if there was no music playing, if i could I'd put them in because if someone fucked up the ground tot eh speakers and you have a line array give a nice loud pop, set to stadium sound, you go deaf for a second.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 03-03-2009 16:24.

03-03-2009 16:23 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
quote:
Originally posted by Yawn

you cannot mix with ear plugs. you can mix, then put on earplugs and assume it sounds good still. but you cannot mix with ear plugs.

if you're not mixing though, wear them. when i worked at music gigs, even if there was no music playing, if i could I'd put them in because if someone fucked up the ground tot eh speakers and you have a line array give a nice loud pop, set to stadium sound, you go deaf for a second.

Specially molded Musician's Earplugs give you the ability to mix with them without making too much distortion on the sound. There is some difference, but you can adjust to it very quickly.
Just like you said, mix something without them first, then put them on and adjust. It is like when you adjust to new monitors/headphones for mixing.

EDIT: I DJ with my earplugs lately, and, even though I have to push the loudness of my headphones up a bit, I still can mix perfectly and get past the ear-ringing (tinnitus) when I go home.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
03-03-2009 19:07 Homepage of Muad'Dib
fezz fezz is a female
Tourist

Registration Date: 17-01-2009

i was able to hear that tone.

anyway, i saw a pic of A-Sides mixing w/ what looked like those hearos plugs. id like to get a good pair of those special earplugs.

__
oct. 08 mix
myspace
06-03-2009 23:03 Homepage of fezz
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

fucking hell , so loud , my volume was at max , its horrible

but imagine what wireless stuff does with your head Wink and everything with Extreme low or high freq's
07-03-2009 19:17
Uberchile Uberchile is a male
www.myspace.com/uberchile

Registration Date: 14-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

every piece of eletronic equipment i have seems to make these really annoying high frequiencies.

i have to unplug everything in my room or i cant sleep at night.

i could hear it but im only 16 so i havent had that much time to destroy my ears yet.

it dosn't work when they put these things out side shops and stuff tho. you still get massive crowds of yobs despite the noise.... your brain tends to ignore things repeating the same thing.

what they need to do is attach it to a LFO to change the frequency just a bit, and then have the rate of that lfo changed by another LFO.

that would mess with your head....

__
www.myspace.com/uberchile
08-03-2009 00:10 Homepage of Uberchile
c_ctrl c_ctrl is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-06-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

yeah annoying as hell. I can hear it and thank god, im 22!

__
DeCode & Roary Soundcloud
08-03-2009 13:19 Homepage of c_ctrl
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

quote:
Originally posted by Uberchile
every piece of eletronic equipment i have seems to make these really annoying high frequiencies.

i have to unplug everything in my room or i cant sleep at night.

i could hear it but im only 16 so i havent had that much time to destroy my ears yet.

it dosn't work when they put these things out side shops and stuff tho. you still get massive crowds of yobs despite the noise.... your brain tends to ignore things repeating the same thing.

what they need to do is attach it to a LFO to change the frequency just a bit, and then have the rate of that lfo changed by another LFO.

that would mess with your head....

same here , and it gets worse when you take notice about all the anoying sounds Smile , like my TV also has an anoying high freq sound , wich my parents don't hear. but yeah if u dont pay attention to it you don't bother.

but we realy are bombarded with Mhz and Ghz (phones , internet , gps , radio , signals...) some police uses this technique to stop protests by sending an irritating sound (Extreme low or high , dont know) , they can even sent signals that you hear in your head :s Smile Wink
08-03-2009 14:39
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Yeah, I concur with you people, it is so ANNOYING when I try to fall asleep and my brother turns on the TV.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
08-03-2009 18:58 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Ear Quailty Checker