drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL studio 8 Instrument plugins or packs?
Go to the bottom of this page FL studio 8 Instrument plugins or packs?
Author

Registration Date: 13-02-2009

Hi guys,

I recently started working with FL8, and as I'm getting to know the program better I feel I need some good instruments.

I'm mainly interested in creating drum&bass and dubstep tracks, and I found a lot of samples at sampleswap.com but their resources are limited.

I was wondering where one could find some good instruments to use in FL 8, albeit free or for a fee.

Which would you recommend?

Thanks!
26-02-2009 16:36
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

facebook.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 23-06-2009 21:56.

26-02-2009 20:25 Homepage of Halph-Price
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

if you're looking for free this seems like a good spot to get started.....

http://www.gersic.com/plugins/index.php

there's a lot fo good ones and shit ones though, but i guess in some cases you'll get what you pay for or in this case, don't pay for. Wink

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
26-02-2009 20:31
Flowzah

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
facebook.

What kind of a half ass reply is this mate?

I'm looking for help, if you can't offer me any I suggest you stay out of this thread and go spread your nonsense elsewhere.

@Optikal_assassin :

Thanks for the link, i'd like to start out using free samples and instruments, once I get better I can start looking into the higher quality packs that have to be payed for Smile

cheers!
26-02-2009 22:13
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
facebook.

Oh so facebook doesn’t only slice shit it’s also a good synth? don’t forget to add myspace and youtube to your list. Big Grin

anyway:

free vst plugins (synth and other):

Links to free VST's

Samples (packs/single….):

>>> Samplesites/Samplepacks Thread <<<

browsing through the forums gives you all you asked for (and there are more threads then those two that fit your request), so do that next time before you ask. it's just as much work as posting such a thread.
26-02-2009 22:28 Homepage of Gregg
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

I personally would recommend some decent VST synthesisers over using samples. But that's just my preference, samples can be cool, but unless they're multisampled over several octaves I usually don't bother.

These are 'pay for' VST's but like optikal said, you get what you pay for. and trust me, if you pay for it, you're damn well gonna use it and you're gonna get the most out of it.

anyway here's a few I think are pretty awesome.

NI Reaktor
Korg Legacy Collection (I love the MS20)
Linplug Albino
NI Absynth
NI FM8
Cakewalk Z3TA
Novation V-Station
Virsyn Tera
Spectrasonics Trilogy
Spectrasonics Atmosphere

there's so many. Just get a few demos and see what you like. Dont igonore the free stuff though there's some real gems to be had.
27-02-2009 11:16
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Image-Line Sytrus is a great synth, and it comes with FL Studio (for a fee, of course).

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
27-02-2009 12:20 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

hmm doesn't FL8 already have some synths with it?? 3xosc or triangle II? i dont really know. why dont you use those?
27-02-2009 12:28
Crispy Liquids Crispy Liquids is a male
Liquid Funkateer

images/avatars/avatar-3110.jpg

Registration Date: 22-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Yeah if you're starting out I strongly suggest trying to get the most out of 3xOsc. It's a subtractive synth that can do pretty much anything, and if you're making dnb, just layer up 2 or 3 of those 3xOsc's and play with their filters (LP&Resonance), add slight distortion if you want, high pass filter can get a neat effect combined with distortion, and love philter, for more love in the world. Yet I find it still tricky to program that one entirely right... Seems to link itself to song time and not first trigger, no matter what I try :p
Anyways it's all things to find out, and really since I have my keyboard/controller I like to directly control & record LP,Res,HP

That way you can easily and accurately define each pattern as a unit with its own automation.

But there's plenty of stuff to do with the 3xOsc, if you check my myspace at http://myspace.com/djrekkaman you'll get the first two songs, entirely relying on 3xOsc. I've kind of got the hang of FM Synthesis, but it's a whole other world if you want to know what you're doing (randomly turning knobs doesn't work so well with FM)

Cheers

__
Crispy Liquids on Soundcloud Facebook Myspace
01-03-2009 11:06 Homepage of Crispy Liquids
Flowzah

thanks for the replies guys, I've gotten the hang of using FL now and I'm getting better at making music with it so everything's good!

Yeah after reading here I started messing around with sytrus and the 3xosc, found some nice vst's and tuts online.

Thanks again Smile
23-06-2009 18:17
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/itchydubs

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 23-06-2009 21:55.

23-06-2009 21:55 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL studio 8 Instrument plugins or packs?