drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » rewire
Go to the bottom of this page rewire
Author
Player

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

yo. so i usually use logic, but dug up some old stuff that I want to mix-down in logic. So i rewired and everything but there are send fx on the reason mixer and also automation, which cant be included in logic as far as I am aware. Does anyone have any bright ideas as to how to go about doing this?

thanks

__
www.myspace.com/digitalcause
www.myspace.com/mysterious1000
24-02-2009 13:19
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

why dont you just export each track as a WAV and import into logic as audio? it will save CPU power and will still allow you to process each track individually.
24-02-2009 13:33
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Yawn
why dont you just export each track as a WAV and import into logic as audio? it will save CPU power and will still allow you to process each track individually.

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

24-02-2009 16:21 Homepage of Binary Havoc
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

if you have at least a dual core processor and 1 gig of ram then rewire isnt such a resource hog, in that case its simpler to rewire since you dont have to export audio and you have the vsts and reason at disposal to tweak at the same time.

to answer your question. did you even try to do that? with rewire you have both sequencers synced. its just a matter of cables on the back of the reasons rack, the reason sequencer should hold all the automation you recorded, I cant believe if you load up a .rns in rewire mode the automation gets erased Confused

as for your send mixer, well, the general idea of rewire is to use a more powerful mixer, in your case logics, in order to utilize vsts and whatnot, also play any vst instruments along with your reason track (gotta have a good soundcard for that or you may have latency issues - which can be bypassed with latency compensation - which in turn could also work not that well on your setup)

but I use mixers in reason as well, for example, for drums a couple of channels get routed through a reasons mixer with accompanying send fx, then I route that mixer through a rewire channel, same with bass, fx etc.

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
24-02-2009 19:05 Homepage of cynik
Digital Cause Digital Cause is a male
Player

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

I did in fact think of bouncing trakcs down to wav believe it or not.

problem is the track is not finished, and I have, as I said automation on the mixer. when i go to rewire the bass channel to logic it then has to skip the mixer automation, and fx it has on it. If i bounce the track down then it will be almost impossible to change n e notes etc....

Roll Eyes

__
www.myspace.com/digitalcause
www.myspace.com/mysterious1000
25-02-2009 20:40
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

So finish it first Wink

Bigup
25-02-2009 21:46
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Digital Cause
I did in fact think of bouncing trakcs down to wav believe it or not.

problem is the track is not finished, and I have, as I said automation on the mixer. when i go to rewire the bass channel to logic it then has to skip the mixer automation, and fx it has on it. If i bounce the track down then it will be almost impossible to change n e notes etc....

Roll Eyes

you automated the mixer, why do that?

anyway theres a way out. you can copy/paste the mixer and automation and separate the channels each to a copy then reroute those mixers into rewire channels.

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by cynik: 26-02-2009 00:32.

26-02-2009 00:31 Homepage of cynik
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » rewire