drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » The name of a synth pad.
Go to the bottom of this page The name of a synth pad.
Author
Jimsterdrum

images/avatars/avatar-2765.jpg

Registration Date: 17-02-2008

Hello everyone, there is a tune called Detounas Sapnas and I want to know where I can get that exact synth pad that is playing in the background and at the beginning of the track. Thank you! Here's the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjt_WfP-dEA

__
Serenity is really inside us, we just don't know how to tune into it.
23-02-2009 06:07 Homepage of jimbodw07
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

It's very hard to tell 'exactly' where a sound comes from, unless it's a signature sound from a particular synthesiser, and to be honest now even that is becoming harder and harder due to the fact that there are so many different possibilites of synths that could produce a pad like that. Especially one that is so generic.......in fact the intro is a number of sounds layered & none of them are particularly hard to reproduce with a bit of programming.

so yeah.......load up your favourite softsynth, hardware synth or whatever start tweaking and im sure you can come up with something similar enough.

Why would you need to have the exact patch anyway?
23-02-2009 10:48
jimbodw07 jimbodw07 is a male
Jimsterdrum

Hello, and thank you for taking the time in reading my post.
You have very good reason as to why the synth pad itslef is very hard to find, especially when there are a number of Vst's out there that can produce sounds that sound like that pad. I will take your advice and start tweaking the closest sound I have come across with. In this case,"Toxic Biohazard".
Why would I need that certain patch? Well, actually I produce atmospheric drum&bass and that pad there sounds more atmospheric than most of the synth pads in "Absynth 4" combined lol. So that's why I needed that pad. Smile
Once again thank you!

__
23-02-2009 21:33 Homepage of jimbodw07
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i would do that sound with a Rhodes sample a long delay and a lot of mellow sounding reverb. a lot of reverb is in the start of that track.

probably go in a order like synth -> EQ with the high end rolled off, so a lowpass -> chorus/flanger -> delay 1/2 or so -> reverb set to 70%-80%. and a reverb that doesn't have a lot of high end in it too

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 24-02-2009 04:13.

24-02-2009 04:11 Homepage of Halph-Price
Jimsterdrum

Thanks will try Smile But so far I think I found the pad. I just need to tweak it just a little bit because it has a rumble effect as a reverb.
Thanks againSmile

__
24-02-2009 05:47 Homepage of jimbodw07
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

yea not just high end but low needs to be rolled off, it gives it a sense of it being further away, with the delay adn the reverb, it's like it's in the back of a cave. from a distance high and low ends fade the most.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

24-02-2009 06:43 Homepage of Halph-Price
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

Yeah I guess it's pretty atmospheric, but I can imagine something more. I still think you could easily achieve the same effect (if not better and more original to you) with almost any pad, with the right programming, layering and processing.

I think Absynth 4 has some really amazing preset textures and atmospherics, but for some reason I always find them hard to fit in the mix.
24-02-2009 09:46
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

Thought this was gonna be some sort of competition, like name this tune or guess the break!

Anyway, create your own pads, they're not that hard to make and you wont create anything original using other peoples stuff. Don't mean that in a nasty way Wink

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
24-02-2009 22:07
Jimsterdrum

quote:
Originally posted by brucifer

Anyway, create your own pads, they're not that hard to make and you wont create anything original using other peoples stuff. Don't mean that in a nasty way Wink

Yes you are right, although I never said I was going to sample the pad right out of his tune haha. Just looking for something similar to that sound thats all Smile

__
26-02-2009 08:01 Homepage of jimbodw07
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » The name of a synth pad.