drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » The prodigy - Invaders must die
Go to the bottom of this page The prodigy - Invaders must die
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.50

The prodigy - Invaders must die

What ya think of the album? I head the album recently, and half the album is great, but the other half is not so great. I did'nt get that old-school feeling with this album, only with 2 songs or so. The album has gotten an electro feel to it i think, he needed to work more with some old school analog devices, and be more influenced by the 90's instead of 2007-2008 pop sounds or even todays dnb like the wobble that you hear in some new tracks of the prodigy. So Liams attempt to get back to the roots, did not work succesfully.
However this is still a prodigy album, and kicks other albums asses.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by rockx: 09-02-2009 16:30.

09-02-2009 15:56
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

hmm i've not heard it yet, i'm a little sceptical though, as I wasnt a massive fan of 'always outnumbered..' although there were some good tracks. I'll give it a listen sometime soon!
23-02-2009 13:33
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Yawn
hmm i've not heard it yet, i'm a little sceptical though, as I wasnt a massive fan of 'always outnumbered..' although there were some good tracks. I'll give it a listen sometime soon!

Yeah, me too. Smile Except for Spitfire, the album was quite bad (by my opinion).

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
23-02-2009 14:04 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i like, fat of the land still ma fave.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

23-02-2009 17:22 Homepage of Halph-Price
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

+ : drumstyle
- : cheesy pendulum synths

i can see this hyped allover the festivals this summer though
23-02-2009 17:54
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

what gear did he use for this one? I hope it's some vintage stuff.

When the last album came out it was almost like some marketing promo for propellerheads and korg...... Roll Eyes
23-02-2009 18:58
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:

When the last album came out it was almost like some marketing promo for propellerheads and korg...... Roll Eyes

not this time mate, just the few seconds when the beats and bass drop on the opening track "invaders must die" show whats it about - sheer power

not their classicals stuff though, most of it is sub 140 bpm, breakbeats with I think one fast number

I for one like it, the tracks may sound cheesy but its that exact cheese Liam himself invented, and for that you must give credit. pendulum copied it and now it gets pissed on with this new shit, its more power vs less cheese when you compare the two bands

yeh there are a few things sounding interesting and fresh but its mostly commercialized sound and that will put people off for sure

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
23-02-2009 21:12 Homepage of cynik
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:

not this time mate, just the few seconds when the beats and bass drop on the opening track "invaders must die" show whats it about - sheer power

not their classicals stuff though, most of it is sub 140 bpm, breakbeats with I think one fast number

I for one like it, the tracks may sound cheesy but its that exact cheese Liam himself invented, and for that you must give credit. pendulum copied it and now it gets pissed on with this new shit, its more power vs less cheese when you compare the two bands

yeh there are a few things sounding interesting and fresh but its mostly commercialized sound and that will put people off for sure

pendulum , the fuckers , i didnt know they ripped this off Devil

you are right then , then they get my credits too , though i dont like cheesy melo

how is your music getting on cynik ? send me some new stuff if u like (via aim or pm)

yoowz
23-02-2009 22:06
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

sure man. its gonna be a busy week but Im sure Ill get on aim soon

back on topic - IMO prodigy is by far the better band IF you could compare them which I think is not really possible, as prodigy were always much more oriented towards experimentation whilst the other band invented a formula and started copy paste selling it

__
23-02-2009 23:46 Homepage of cynik
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

prodigy just rocks. they got rock fans and techno fans and dnb fans and everything.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

24-02-2009 04:19 Homepage of Halph-Price
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I like Omen, the Noisia remix works for me too Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

24-02-2009 08:15 Homepage of Surya
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

I used to be a massive prodigy fan when I was younger and I mean massive.... but now I find it hard to listen to most of the stuff on Experience, Jilted and Fat of the Land. I don't know if it's just that i've listened to it all too much but im just not that crazy about it anymore. Confused I'm sure at a club on a big system it would tickle me but at home....no Frown
24-02-2009 09:50
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
I used to be a massive prodigy fan when I was younger and I mean massive.... but now I find it hard to listen to most of the stuff on Experience, Jilted and Fat of the Land. I don't know if it's just that i've listened to it all too much but im just not that crazy about it anymore. Confused I'm sure at a club on a big system it would tickle me but at home....no Frown

yeah it sounds a bit bland listening to it at home. which I cant say for their pre-fat of the land albums but then again that was a different time and age?

anyway, its all about live performance imo. anyone been at exit festival 2007? yeah I guess not since its in Serbia Big Grin

prodigy opened the fest, 100.000 people, and not one standing still, it was utter chaos

oh the memories Crying

edited for spelling

edit2:

Liam says its probably his best gig ever

__

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by cynik: 24-02-2009 19:23.

24-02-2009 19:16 Homepage of cynik
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

I saw The Prodigy in Manchester a few years ago with the Foo Fighters. It was a really great gig. Not the best I've ever been to but still really good.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
24-02-2009 20:05 Homepage of Tomos
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

I saw them at Reading festival 2002 and yeah it was massive and I felt like I was being crushed by by the amount of people cramming to get as close as possible but I felt the performance was just somewhat lacklustre. It was during the 'baby's got a temper' period (liams self confessed worse single) and the set consisted of all fat of the land songs, poison, the new single, and a madness cover if i remember right. I recall being disappointed there weren't more jilted tracks or anything from experience.
25-02-2009 11:19
Paracyte Paracyte is a male
Crazy Bouncin Sinusoid

images/avatars/avatar-2331.jpg

Registration Date: 07-12-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Don't take me wrong... i was breed on Prodigy stuff.And yes - I was excited when i heard about new album coming.AND yes... i heard "Warriors dance" before they release the album and I was mooore excited that they coming back to their oldskool style, jungle breaks & basses and some fucked up synths allover...God is my witness how wrong I was.... I like maybe 2-3 tunes from this album ,rest is crap in my opinion.Very disapointed Knownothing

__
My Soundcloud
22-03-2009 07:52
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

DO A BARREL ROLL

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

25-03-2009 05:59 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » The prodigy - Invaders must die