drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Related styles » pendulum
Go to the bottom of this page pendulum
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2735.jpg

Registration Date: 28-11-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

pendulum were great when they first burst on the scene with vault,trail of sevens,another planet and all that.However they were a punk band before they even got into the drums and from my experience life has a way of working in circles,me myself i dont even class them as a dnb act anymore this is the sort of shit my girl listens to.Good luck to them i sure if they could of done anything like this before they were pendulum they would have.However they did up the bar for everyone in the dnb scene,but u know the best things dont seem to last
04-02-2009 03:39
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

04-02-2009 19:47 Homepage of D2o
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

lol this reminds me of a guy I met in the army

he would just approach and start a random discussion by himself, mostly be completely ignored by the rest which sadly didnt hinder his enthusiasm until someone would get pissed.

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
04-02-2009 19:51 Homepage of cynik
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

@phatheadz

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
04-02-2009 22:23 Homepage of BattleDrone
demure demure is a male
mastication fo de nation

images/avatars/avatar-2837.jpeg

Registration Date: 22-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

at battledrone

demure has attached this image (reduced version):
geek2.jpg

04-02-2009 22:34
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Pendulum Bull fights back....

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
05-02-2009 00:37 Homepage of BattleDrone
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Pendulum Bull fights back....
Shocked Shocked Shocked Confused Frown

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
05-02-2009 12:30 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by phatheadz
pendulum were great when they first burst on the scene with vault,trail of sevens,another planet and all that.However they were a punk band before they even got into the drums and from my experience life has a way of working in circles,me myself i dont even class them as a dnb act anymore this is the sort of shit my girl listens to.Good luck to them i sure if they could of done anything like this before they were pendulum they would have.However they did up the bar for everyone in the dnb scene,but u know the best things dont seem to last

You are partially right. Even though they went commercial, that doesn't had to mean that their music would went bad. But in their case, so it was. Unfortunately.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
05-02-2009 12:32 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

yeah i always really liked pendulum, although i recently read an interview on their veiws on dnb (fair enough they've had shit loads of stick within the industry) which has put me off them tbh, was quite shocked how bitter they are about it now.. plus they didn't go about it in the right way, breaking their contract n all

who cares, their makin money now anyways

__

05-02-2009 15:19 Homepage of Ketz
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost

lol'd at that

not seen b4

good one James

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

05-02-2009 20:36 Homepage of Binary Havoc
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

quote:
Originally posted by Ketz
yeah i always really liked pendulum, although i recently read an interview on their veiws on dnb (fair enough they've had shit loads of stick within the industry) which has put me off them tbh, was quite shocked how bitter they are about it now.. plus they didn't go about it in the right way, breaking their contract n all

who cares, their makin money now anyways

Can you elaborate or post a link?

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
06-02-2009 07:23
KZSS
Producer

Registration Date: 23-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

This is Pendulum's response to people slagging off granite

"okay, i've had just about enough of this.

i don't mind when people aren't particularly fond of our tracks - with every tune we make i go through different stages of loving it and hating it, so i can empathise with pretty much every comment made so far.

the only comments i don't get are the ones saying "we've sold out"...

i define "selling out" as not only making music for profit, but also making ANYTHING you don't really want to make for ANY reason (including fame, pleasing fans, staying true to a genre, or un-necessarily repeating yourself out of fear of progression).

the only way i think i could have really "sold myself out" is if i had made any more tracks that sounded like vault / another planet / still grey etc. those tunes are cool for what they are, but i've moved on in both my musical taste / influences, and my ambitions for this group...if you want to blame anyone for our change in direction, blame led zeppelin, the shadows, the surf coasters, dead kennedys, dick dale, howlin wolf, weather report, tool, in flames, herb alpert, underoath and all the other stuff i've been listening to instead of drum and bass.

we have fended the vultures off this project so much that it would probably fill a novel if i tried to explain it all. all i'll say is - i wanted to make every single thing we've ever put out. call us "shit" or "clownstep" or photoshop gareth as much as you like - but saying "we sold out" is talking out your ass. i never wanted to make straight up dnb - it was never on the cards.

oh, and by the way - i'm not sure if drum and bass is dead or dying (i've been in the studio / on tour too long to tell) - however, if your genre was flimsy enough to be knocked over by ONE SINGLE RECORDING ARTIST who happened to - god forbid - sell some fucking records for the first time in about 5/6 years, then i'm glad it was us that got to drive the final stake through its stale pig shit heart - and good riddance. wake me up when your genre is making something that people outside the scene think is worth listening to again."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------
The first thing i thought when i read this was that Led Zeppelin would be turning in their band sized grave if they thought someone had listened to them and then been influenced enough to churn out the complete toss that pendulum call rock music.

__
KZSS

www.myspace.com/kzss

www.myspace.com/mindsaw

www.myspace.com/ammunitionrecordings
06-02-2009 08:31 Homepage of KZSS
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

he's pissed. i don't blame him actually, yeah i hate pendulum these days but if they're putting out what they want to and openly stating their real interest lies outside of dnb then thats cool with me.

although the comment about not really ever wanting to make a straight up dnb track and 'cussing' the scene makes headz who diss pendulum look a bit stupid..

nicely put.. but makes you feel like a used toilet roll..

lol

__
My Sounds
06-02-2009 11:08

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks KZSS Happy

I'm not a pendulum fan. But I respect them more thanks to that comment. Fair play to them. Especially the Dead Kennedys bit Big Grin

I would like to hear them play some punk now Huh

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by brucifer: 06-02-2009 11:24.

06-02-2009 11:22
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

thats where i got the interview from brucey Big Grin ya i know pretty much everyone has shunned pendulum, shame cuz they made some amazing dnb but for them to slag a genre that they were right at the heart of before is a bit disrespectful imo

but as i said - who cares? they prob makin a lot more money now and getting groupies Happy

__

06-02-2009 16:16 Homepage of Ketz

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Ketz
thats where i got the interview from brucey Big Grin ya i know pretty much everyone has shunned pendulum, shame cuz they made some amazing dnb but for them to slag a genre that they were right at the heart of before is a bit disrespectful imo

but as i said - who cares? they prob makin a lot more money now and getting groupies Happy

Personally, I just didn't really like the sound or style. Must admit, when I heard Vault for the first time on a big rig, it was quite amazing though Big Grin

The scene changed a lot when they arrived. The song structure changed partly due to there style. This is easy to see when you compare 98-2001 Ed Rush & Optical to the later releases. The tune changed from sound scapes that could be mixed nicely into actual songs that were more apropriate for mixing in at wedding disco.

It doesn't bother me them slagging of a whole scene. Music is a matter of personal taste.

Hopefully, we can put this terrible mess behind us , pretend its 98 again and produce some decent sound scapes Huh Big Grin

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
06-02-2009 23:42
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by brucifer
Hopefully, we can put this terrible mess behind us , pretend its 98 again and produce some decent sound scapes Huh Big Grin

99 - 02 were my raving years - the golden era imo Big Grin

__

07-02-2009 00:36 Homepage of Ketz
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

1998 all the way!!!! Wink

__
My Sounds
07-02-2009 14:17
kbps

Registration Date: 10-01-2009

This argument for pendulum is like the Metallica argument.
Did they get worst when they realist the St. Anger album or did they get better...
For me they just have too much and the just want to play some kind of a different music for a change for them self...

I myself had a band - influences from in flames, tool, deftones and others.
We ware playing first rock then metal the metalcore then deathcore...
It's boaring to play one style all your life....

Now I am trying to do some electronic music for a change.

Pendulum is progressive band that will change her style and thats the beauty of it.
If there wasn't any change we will know Pendulum like the punk rock band...

The hole world is changing, the change is part of the progress.
If everything stays the same were would be we now?
In the caves living on the trees...

This is dumb!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kbps: 27-03-2009 18:33.

27-03-2009 18:32
Sephiroth Sephiroth is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3285.jpg

Registration Date: 11-04-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i'm not convinced tbh.....if pendulum are making the music that they wanna make now then fair enough, no problem there......does seem to me like there style has got more and mroe commercial as there success has grown, older pendulum stuff wasn't 'dark' but a lot 'darker' than what there putting out now, jus seems that after slam came about, a little light-bulb blinked above pendulums head and they realised they could make a shit load of money from cheesy, radio-friendly dnb.....if there happy making that sort of music fair enough, are pendulum making the music that they wanna make or are they making music their label wants em to make?

__
Sephiroth Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/sephiroth_rees

Sephiroth Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sephirothdnb

C-Sonix Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/c-sonix

C-Sonix Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/csonix
27-03-2009 18:47 Homepage of Sephiroth
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Related styles » pendulum