Author
not helpful ^^

Registration Date: 09-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.83

hi,

as a sys&netwrk admin I got myself this ASus EEE pc,
which i'll be using mainly for administration & programming tasks... but

I was wondering what's the lightest DAW available at the moment(win|linux)?

I mean in terms of disk space and processing needs.

And I'm also planning to use it as "economical" as possible:

Ii have a big library of homemade samples, in high quality, and I'd like to know if somebody knows a program(win/linux) that easily & quickly converts this structured wav library,
(i mean "next-next-finish", no 1000 times pressing and confirming "change bit rate, OK?)
to an identical library with the minimum possible bitrate, so I can put at least a few samples on my portable without worrying too much about disk space.

I know sound quality will be different, but I don't care, I just want to be able to do some basic producing/quickly introduce ideas.
29-12-2008 14:24
Krisch Krisch is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2727.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

Hi
Adobe audition has batch processing ability. With that you can select the files you want to resample, the destination format and directory. Then you hit run batch button and everything goes automatically (quite fast).
Reason is quite cpu friendly daw(not with my cpu tho Big Grin ) but you need around 1 GB HD space if you want to install. I know ableton live 5 a bit too. Its about 100MB but you need some vstis if you want to use it. And it requires more cpu processing imo. Hope i could help. Ez
29-12-2008 15:15 Homepage of Krisch
the moneyshot the moneyshot is a male
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

ez mate, i got 2 eee pc 900a 8gb for my kids xmas prezzys. i have been lookin at forums and everyone suggests a 16gb sd card, install windows on to that, and that leaves you about 22gb free space. as for software id say reaper, size wise its tiny and you can even install it to a usb dongle and use it on anyother pc or laptop without having to install it again.
31-12-2008 08:57
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » EEE pc