drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Sample request(s)
Go to the bottom of this page Sample request(s)
Author
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I've got a lill' request here, I'm looking for some drums:

- The typical Prince snaredrum (like for example in his song KISS)
- The typical Janet Jackson Drums (Rhythm Nation stuff see this video and go to 3:00).
Although I think their music is pjoor cheeze at times Soul2Soul have some neat original breaks in songs like "back to life", "Keep on movin", "A dreams a dream" and "Get a life", it is great sampling material if the beat is "available" somewhere throughout their tunes.

"MARSS - Pump up the Volume" features some great breaks which I never heard in DnB before.

Anybody know what break was used in Snap's "The Power" especially the percussion in that break sounds fabulous... really want to get my hands on that one too.

I don't have these things in CD quality (don't have them at all actually). If you could rip any for me I would be very happy about it.

So grab into those CD's you bought as a kid (and you're deeply ashamed about) and get sampling, it doesn't always have to be James Brown or the Winstons.

Thanks in advance Bigup

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
23-12-2008 22:31 Homepage of BattleDrone
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

Hmm, nothing immediately springs to mind mate but I'll do some searches in my sample banks and see what I can find. Failing that, I'll just have to get out my Janet Jackson and Prince records.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
23-12-2008 23:05 Homepage of Tomos
selig
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

I cant help with the other requests but I know Prince used Linn drum machines a lot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linn_LM-1

http://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php
24-12-2008 00:58
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

Some guy just emailed me with a link. You might want to check it out: http://www.mhat.com/phatdrumloops/beats.asp

Wink

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
24-12-2008 01:09 Homepage of Tomos
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

Have a look around some charity shops for those records Smile

Maybe by some old Des and Cilla Black records why your in there Big Grin

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
24-12-2008 02:03
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Sample request(s)