drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » How many stars are there out there?
Go to the bottom of this page How many stars are there out there?
Author
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by Tomos
I basically agree with Halph.

Now there's a shocker! Shocked

quote:
The requirements for life are very, very numerous. And if any of these requirements change even a little, then life either suffers or gets wiped out.

When everything in daily life seems to be against me, just a bunch of stupid things really, I try to keep exactly this fact in mind and just think: "It's not worth getting upset about, everything may end just this second, enjoy life while you can and make the best of it".
It really helps to get through shit.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
20-12-2008 16:29 Homepage of BattleDrone
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
When everything in daily life seems to be against me, just a bunch of stupid things really, I try to keep exactly this fact in mind and just think: "It's not worth getting upset about, everything may end just this second, enjoy life while you can and make the best of it".
It really helps to get through shit.

Yep, good point. Also, when we ponder on the nature of the universe we should never assume that the human brain and our sensory organs are reliable guides on the real nature of things. For instance, from a human perspective, with our handicapped sensory organs and short life spans, it appears that the universe is basically fixed, constant and solid. It also appears that the earth is flat and the sun moves around the sky. But hundreds of years of scientific research tells us the exact opposite is true. Everything around us is constantly changing, evolving, living, dying. Continents and countries are constantly shifting. Stars die out. Galaxies are born. Animals and humans are evolving. Even with regards to human affairs - such as politics, culture, production, technology, language, knowledge - very, very few things are ever really constant.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
20-12-2008 18:16 Homepage of Tomos
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

The only constant thing is the non-constant nature of the world, and even that fluctuates.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
20-12-2008 18:18 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

wow this is getting pretty deep! Big Grin almost too much to think about - which is why sometmes its best to keep things simple as the world, the universe, existence itself today is so complex, so dynamic its quite scary actually!!

thank god for rationalisation Big Grin

__

21-12-2008 00:29 Homepage of Ketz
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i could say, not only can earth support life, but has only done so for a fraction of the time, and even if we die off in a million years, that's not long compared to a 2 billion year old planet.

unless you think the planets was made a few thousand years ago. that simplifies everything. just kill people, you'll send them to heaven.

but if you're part of the rest of us, a good philosophy is not to worry about where we came from or where we're going, but just where are we right now. don't think about why the moon is in the sky, but just enjoy it's beauty, while you still can. cuz YOU'RE GUNNA DIE HOMEBOYS.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

21-12-2008 06:45 Homepage of Halph-Price
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
cuz YOU'RE GUNNA DIE HOMEBOYS.

lmao ROFL

__
My Sounds
21-12-2008 07:02
Astrocyte Astrocyte is a male
Chef 'n' Bass

images/avatars/avatar-2777.jpg

Registration Date: 24-09-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
i could say, not only can earth support life, but has only done so for a fraction of the time, and even if we die off in a million years, that's not long compared to a 2 billion year old planet.

unless you think the planets was made a few thousand years ago. that simplifies everything. just kill people, you'll send them to heaven.

but if you're part of the rest of us, a good philosophy is not to worry about where we came from or where we're going, but just where are we right now. don't think about why the moon is in the sky, but just enjoy it's beauty, while you still can. cuz YOU'RE GUNNA DIE HOMEBOYS.

Though, often, asking why is what makes life a lot more interesting imo.

__
Astrocyte - Kill em All, Track #10 from Team_174 "Off World" LP (FREE)
21-12-2008 13:22
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

it's true. just like asking unanswerable questions. like HOW MANY STARS ARE THERE?

the real answer is : Enough.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

21-12-2008 14:15 Homepage of Halph-Price
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

quote:
Originally posted by Phyella
quote:

totally agree ,

I talked about this yesterday to somebody.
So many people don't question themselfes how things are and why it is this way (inner things , group thinking things , community things , global things).
My mom is a good example of how it not should be: "you have to face it , thats life , don't think about it to much , just do what u have to do" ... :s
also a good example of how narrow minded you can be , a friend of me:
"i believe in 'something-ism' , i dont have to check it i just believe there is something".... :s ofcoarse there is something , you just dont have to draw a line and say : here is the limit of my research , there is something , withouth looking up what that something might be" ... lol its hard to explain it , but i think u got the point. but yeah you have to draw a limit somewhere , but not just too low , life is more then surviving as long as possible while enjoying youself as much as possible.
peace
21-12-2008 16:01
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

if making life interesting is what it's about go out and kill some people, start a nuclear war, annex canada, become wildy political about anything.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

22-12-2008 01:49 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Ketz
wow this is getting pretty deep! Big Grin almost too much to think about - which is why sometmes its best to keep things simple as the world, the universe, existence itself today is so complex, so dynamic its quite scary actually!!

thank god for rationalisation Big Grin

Well, the world is much simpler than we think it is Wink

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
22-12-2008 02:31 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

quote:
Life elsewhere in the universe may exist but it can't be taken for granted just because there are lots of stars and galaxies out there. That's too simplistic because the requirements for life are very, very numerous.

Errr evolution Tomos mate.

Creatures of Earth are adapted to the environment that Earth brings ...
Therefore there could quite easily be more life outside of Earth that is best suited to their environment.

Who the fuck knows !?
Not I that's for sure ...
And as for parallel universes and all that ... Huh Big Grin

__

22-12-2008 02:36 Homepage of Sentinel
Mr. Grumpy

Helpfulness rating: 

And errr bugger, you all getting deep into the theories and scientific facts or bullshit facts of Life, the universe and everything (hitch hikers reference).

HaHa. Tongue

__

22-12-2008 02:38 Homepage of Sentinel
c_ctrl c_ctrl is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-06-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

We got ourselves a proper geekfest goin on here, haven't we?! I reckon there's just too much out there for our limited brains to fathom. Aliens might exist somewhere but apparently according to some guy on the radio in the car, there isn't enough time left on earth to discover it because it's all so far away. By the time we get to the nearest planet that might look inhabited, the world will have completed it's lifespan and blown up or whatever happens to Earths when they die. Now thats a headfuck. As for stars... well I can't count that high.

__
DeCode & Roary Soundcloud
22-12-2008 06:57 Homepage of c_ctrl
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

hahah the pessimists vs the beleivers!!!! FIGHT!!!

__

22-12-2008 09:36 Homepage of Ketz
Mr. Grumpy

Helpfulness rating: 

*Sqawk, Ketan's a wally, Ketan's a wally ! Big Grin

__

22-12-2008 10:44 Homepage of Sentinel
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by TheSentinel
*Sqawk, Ketan's a wally, Ketan's a wally ! Big Grin

__

22-12-2008 10:52 Homepage of Ketz
Chef 'n' Bass

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
quote:

if making life interesting is what it's about go out and kill some people, start a nuclear war, annex canada, become wildy political about anything.

Er.... wtf?!

__
22-12-2008 11:11
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

quote:
Originally posted by c_ctrl
We got ourselves a proper geekfest goin on here, haven't we?! I reckon there's just too much out there for our limited brains to fathom. Aliens might exist somewhere but apparently according to some guy on the radio in the car, there isn't enough time left on earth to discover it because it's all so far away. By the time we get to the nearest planet that might look inhabited, the world will have completed it's lifespan and blown up or whatever happens to Earths when they die. Now thats a headfuck. As for stars... well I can't count that high.

traveling trough space will probably happen with bending space itself or trough leaks like we call it wormholes or by the power of blackholes , so far traveling is in theory possible.

The stupidest fact is that Space research like NASA only tells 'new' stuff , 5 to 10 years later to the public - or it never comes in the media at all - so you have to research it yourself if you want to know what's going on.
22-12-2008 13:46
Chef 'n' Bass

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Greyone
quote:
Originally posted by c_ctrl

traveling trough space will probably happen with bending space itself or trough leaks like we call it wormholes or by the power of blackholes , so far traveling is in theory possible.

The stupidest fact is that Space research like NASA only tells 'new' stuff , 5 to 10 years later to the public - or it never comes in the media at all - so you have to research it yourself if you want to know what's going on.

Wait for the CERN LHC results mate (well, the interpretations of the results).
Should be pretty interesting. Could either blow a hole in modern theoretical physics and force some major rethinks or open up some pretty out-there avenues of research Big Grin
Either way it's good (though I'd rather string/brane/m-theory was given some experimental verification cos you really couldn't make it up lol)
Who knows where any of it'll lead. Exciting stuff!

__
22-12-2008 14:07
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » How many stars are there out there?