drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » "samples" r they or r they not free ????
Go to the bottom of this page "samples" r they or r they not free ????
Author
unregistered
can anyone help me , i have found a way to sell my tunes , but some of my tracks have those samples from the reegae packs that r knocking about that lots of people r using !!

r those samples free ???? or can i not still use them until i get them passed ?????
10-12-2008 15:12
Timmi Timmi is a male
Atmos T (aka Timmi)

Registration Date: 04-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

check with the cd / website or whatever that u got the samples from, if its one of those sample cds there will be a bit of legal mumbo jumbo somewhere on the back. Most of those sample cds u can use as much as u like as long as its not to make another sample pack, but u never know some maybe wankers and want royalties or whatever.

__
www.myspace.com/atmostuk

Atmos T - You See Me EP Out now 4 free download Smile
** http://www.sendspace.com/file/6q3frj **
10-12-2008 15:18 Homepage of Timmi
CLARKFADER
unregistered
hey timmi , thanks 4 ur reply !!!

well its from the reegae packs off DOA n shit , loads of them going about , and u hear them all the time in loads of tunes , im pretty sure there free , but i dont know what come back i`lled get if i sold my tunes using those samples !!!!!!!!!!!
10-12-2008 15:28
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

unless u famous u prob won't get into much trouble but best check, small bedroom producers like ourselves aren't normally considered a major threat unless the tune becomes big Big Grin

__

10-12-2008 17:43 Homepage of Ketz
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

they would only sue you for monies gained from the songs. unless you made a lot of money. and that's if they pursue it after the first warning. but i mean they'll probably be too stoned.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 10-12-2008 18:32.

10-12-2008 18:31 Homepage of Halph-Price
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

If it is not easily recognizable (like for example, a guitar pluck sound raggae uses all the time, or some common drum sound (from samplers etc.)) they cannot sue you. No way.
But if it is a vocal, they can and probably will, if you make a big load of cash. If they are not stoned, of course. Thanx, Halph.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
10-12-2008 18:48 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

we canna furgit da rhastafari be aye all da tyme

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 10-12-2008 22:39.

10-12-2008 22:39 Homepage of Halph-Price
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » "samples" r they or r they not free ????