drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » 1 track a week rule?
Go to the bottom of this page 1 track a week rule?
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3285.jpg

Registration Date: 11-04-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

sorry but this is my first rant ever on this forum.....is there any way to stop people from uploading more than 1 track a week.....is it possible to limit everyone to say 1 preview track and 1 finished track a week?.....not dropping any names but glance at the music page and you can see the guilty culprits....just means when i get time to review some tracks....the people who tracks i wanna review aren't even on the page cuz someones uploaded like 5 tracks that week....it also means that too many tracks end up with 2/3 reviews cuz the music page is littered with tracks....ah im done, feel better, rant over.....am i the only one who feels like this? Confused

__
Sephiroth Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/sephiroth_rees

Sephiroth Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sephirothdnb

C-Sonix Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/c-sonix

C-Sonix Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/csonix
30-11-2008 13:12 Homepage of Sephiroth
Sundancer Sundancer is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2721.png

Registration Date: 27-09-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.50

totally agree with you.

__
Add me up on MySpace (link changed): myspace.com/SundancerDnb
30-11-2008 13:36 Homepage of Sundancer
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

I also agree with you, although it would be even better if people simply realise that the more they upload in a short period the less their tunes will be listened & reviewed.
30-11-2008 13:45 Homepage of Gregg
Sephiroth Sephiroth is a male
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Gregg
I also agree with you, although it would be even better if people simply realise that the more they upload in a short period the less their tunes will be listened & reviewed.

spot on.....upload 1 track a week and get twice as many hits and twice the amount of feedback, ideas and suggestions or upload 5 tracks in a week and get 2 or 3 reviews and a less accurate score on your track cuz only 3 people have voted for it..... Mad

__

30-11-2008 13:50 Homepage of Sephiroth
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Totally agree with the discussion here.

Chron has been working on this some time ago but it seems like his solution is not working correctly.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
30-11-2008 15:09 Homepage of BattleDrone
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

In complete agreement with all the above comments

to be fair though, we did used to all let people know a lot more when they first post tracks, which used to deter folks doing it

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

30-11-2008 16:13 Homepage of Binary Havoc
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

what also pisses me off is that people dont check the "preview" option when they upload the track so that it appears in the player and gets into the top tunes of the month chart

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

30-11-2008 16:15 Homepage of D2o
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

I think it's possible to do with a cron job no ?

basically it runs automatic checks you assign it to each year, month, day, hour, minute, second whatever.

and add some shit to the mySQL db et voila.

I'm not 100% sure mind.

not my department is mySQL nor cron jobs.

eZ.

__

30-11-2008 16:26 Homepage of Sentinel
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

Totally agree. I raised this point with Chron and the mods a while ago but I think Chron is set on allowing people to upload one tune per day, as opposed to one tune per week.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
30-11-2008 18:22 Homepage of Tomos
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

surely this could be done quite easily. It is annoying when some people upload they're tracks over and over again. Also how about stopping the people who put tracks up via links - like Myspaz - who don't do any reviews ect. Surely there must be a way of stopping threads being added if you don't have producer rights.

Also, I wanted to add a smiley doing a wanker sign in the above paragragh. We appear to be lacking one Mad Please correct this immediately! Wink

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
01-12-2008 06:45
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

yep in agreement too Big Grin when i first signed up i thought that was the rule anyhow, i didn't think i'd bore u guys with more than 1 track per week either way, rubs peeps up the wrong way (unless ur a SICK producer)

think it happens when peeps get over excited and have a big catalogue of tunes they feel that we all MUST listen to, be patient! ur more likely to get more feedback and more votes if you space ur tunes out! Bigup

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ketz: 01-12-2008 10:40.

01-12-2008 10:40 Homepage of Ketz
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Point is: when some newbie producer uploads 17 different tracks I don't see a point in giving detailed feedback on any of them, he's trying to show of and not trying to improve. Also really bad for feedback motivation is a sentence like "Some old tune I came across today, might as well post it on here...".

I always feel like copy pasting some feedback I gave on another tune and title it "some old feedback I came across today, might as well post it on here...."

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
01-12-2008 12:37 Homepage of BattleDrone
dip_registered dip_registered is a male
Benx

images/avatars/avatar-2657.gif

Registration Date: 19-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I disagree, I know what you're saying but I think younger cats are trying to test their skills. It is important when you are new to show your stuff and get good feedback, because truth is you are probably not able to speak to anyone about it on a social occasion. You need good appraisal and good criticism (not just one of those) to be able to move forward. Younger peeps get to a point in their tunes (usually at bass & drums point, before intro or build) and need to see where they stand. And usually you can bust one of these out over night, which is why you get more than 1 a week if you're are keen.

And if someone doesn't feel like giving this feedback, then don't give it. This is why I joined be, to see where my tracks stand at mid ground. If you want to test your full, polished track, try joining lifted forums or something.

The question is, do you wait one week to pass (after your last post) to test if a synth sits happy in the mix? ...And people new to dnb often cant answer this themselves. Who do they ask apart from be?

__
I'll edit ya face to sit tight there in the mix
01-12-2008 15:38 Homepage of dip_registered
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
I always feel like copy pasting some feedback I gave on another tune and title it "some old feedback I came across today, might as well post it on here...."

ROFL ROFL

Big Grin Nice one.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
01-12-2008 18:52 Homepage of Tomos
Sephiroth Sephiroth is a male
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by dip_registered
I disagree, I know what you're saying but I think younger cats are trying to test their skills. It is important when you are new to show your stuff and get good feedback, because truth is you are probably not able to speak to anyone about it on a social occasion. You need good appraisal and good criticism (not just one of those) to be able to move forward. Younger peeps get to a point in their tunes (usually at bass & drums point, before intro or build) and need to see where they stand. And usually you can bust one of these out over night, which is why you get more than 1 a week if you're are keen.

And if someone doesn't feel like giving this feedback, then don't give it. This is why I joined be, to see where my tracks stand at mid ground. If you want to test your full, polished track, try joining lifted forums or something.

The question is, do you wait one week to pass (after your last post) to test if a synth sits happy in the mix? ...And people new to dnb often cant answer this themselves. Who do they ask apart from be?

i see ya point but its give and take. you want people to review your track then you need to review others....you give a little, you get a little......posting 5 tracks in a week clogs the music page and your not gonna get much constructive feedback, just a one line sentance usually cuz everyone is reluctant to review tracks from "serial track posters".....would you rather have 10 helpful reviews on 1 track a week or 2/3 one-line reviews on 5 tracks a week?

it also f**ks up the voting cuz tracks with only 3/4 votes can retain a high score cuz no-one wants to review the tracks from people posting multiple tunes each week.....whereas a better track will have a lower score cuz more people have reviewed it and voted.

i think it just too difficult to modify the voting system to suit everyone, people just need to use a bit of common sense.....you will learn more if you space out your uploads cuz you'll get more feedback and more votes, thus, you will become a better producer....isn't that the reason we're all here in the first place? Confused

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sephiroth: 01-12-2008 19:33.

01-12-2008 19:29 Homepage of Sephiroth
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

quote:
Originally posted by sephiroth
i think it just too difficult to modify the voting system to suit everyone, people just need to use a bit of common sense.....you will learn more if you space out your uploads cuz you'll get more feedback and more votes, thus, you will become a better producer....isn't that the reason we're all here in the first place? Confused

Honestly I thought we were all here to slate me in the 8 words max sentence game ...

HaHa Shakeshark

But aye, to learn, to take, use adapt and then at some point we can give out advice and services too.

Most people just take and never give mind ...

Such is the world !

Oh yah and FUCK CHRISTMAS !

eZ.

__

01-12-2008 19:41 Homepage of Sentinel
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

quote:
Originally posted by dip_registered

I understand what you mean, bit it is annoying. How about a new section in the forum for checking out parts of tracks instead of complete tunes. A bit like a rough demo section where anyone can upload whatever they want. It could be pretty cool actually, so you could put up a 30 second loop up.

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
01-12-2008 20:31
the moneyshot the moneyshot is a male
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

cant we have a ratio type system like some of the torrent sites? you can upload 1 track to every 20 reviews. it works for demonoid!!

this way would work, you would have double or triple the amount of review on your tracks

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by the moneyshot: 03-12-2008 12:06.

03-12-2008 12:04
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by the moneyshot
cant we have a ratio type system like some of the torrent sites? you can upload 1 track to every 20 reviews. it works for demonoid!!

this way would work, you would have double or triple the amount of review on your tracks

This sounds good in theory indeed Big Grin

But... this will generate more quantity but less quality. Forcing people to do something is never good, we already have trouble with new people copy/pasting reviews to get their producer rights... Better one good sincere review than a dozen copy/pasted ones!
I wanted to check out Demonoid but it seems to be down (get a blank page), but I'm sure if they force people to write reviews that it will not offer great insights. Probably more along the lines of 'great stuff, keep it up' Big Grin

BTW guys I will up the time limit on uploading. Currently it is 24 hours, I'll make it 5 days. If you really insist I can make it a week, but I think 5 days is maybe better, bit more flexible.

Mind that this will be very strict, if you upload something on sunday night at 11.34PM you will have to wait until friday night 11.34PM before uploading another track. I will mention the wait time on the page.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
03-12-2008 13:05 Homepage of thechronic
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

OK I added the 5-day limit, can some people please test?

I still have to add the waiting time though, don't have enough time for it atm.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
03-12-2008 13:25 Homepage of thechronic
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » 1 track a week rule?