drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » So what do you do in real life?
Go to the bottom of this page So what do you do in real life?
Author
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-06-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Right now I'm in a darkened animation studio at uni, 'working' on a film for my final year project. I'm actually sitting on my computer surfing youtube (today I've found a video of a praying mantis verses a snake) and .be because animating is actually pretty boring. This is how I spend my average day. It gets broken up with regular trips to the uni shop for coca cola breaks and someimes I even bring in my good headphones and work on my music... and at about 5 o clock I go to the bar for a pint... or few.

What do you guys do with your days, anyone else at Uni/college/work?

__
DeCode & Roary Soundcloud
26-11-2008 17:16 Homepage of c_ctrl
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

i spend my days working in a trading office as a sales exec / jnr account manager for a grape importer, who supply the likes of Tesco... can be busy at times but mostly it can be pretty boring so i spend a fair (ok loads lmao) of time on be as its one of the few sites they haven't sonic walled....yet (if they do i swear i duno what im gna do!)

if i'm lucky i get to go to customer events like last week i went to a swanky hotel for an awards dinner, some weeks i get to go to Tesco HQ and taste grapes - yes loads of fun we decide collectively and scientifically which ones are the best Huh Big Grin

__

26-11-2008 17:21 Homepage of Ketz
Astrocyte Astrocyte is a male
Chef 'n' Bass

images/avatars/avatar-2777.jpg

Registration Date: 24-09-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Currently on forced break from university (mature student) where I'm doing various computer related courses, mostly pertaining to computer science.
Right now I'm sat at home working on a website and feeling pretty cold as its freezing outside.
Sometimes I do housework too.

__
Astrocyte - Kill em All, Track #10 from Team_174 "Off World" LP (FREE)
26-11-2008 17:22
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

I work for South West Trains as a Station Supervisor.

I bust my balls trying my harderst to get people on the move and to where they want to be, only to be treated like shit by the general public.

The money is too good to leave.. I'm trapped..

I occasionally play some DnB over the speaker system on nights.. or when i'm in areas the stereo cable wont reach!!
Drummer

__
My Sounds
26-11-2008 18:04
Binary Havoc Binary Havoc is a male
Binary Havoc

images/avatars/avatar-2473.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Glim
I work for South West Trains as a Station Supervisor.

I work for the company that does all the food and retail outlets on all UK rail stations. Consequently spend most of my life on a train and am probably one of those fuckers making Glim's life a misery Teeth So when you pick up a dodgy pasty or coffee, we're to blame!! I visit sites all across the UK and complete audits on the dreaded health and safety, food safety, standards etc................................God I'm dull Crying

Still, get paid very well for it so am, like Glim, trapped and unable to do something more fun. And it pays for me to buy the kit to make music so well worth it in the end

__
http://soundcloud.com/binaryhavoc/dropbox

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Binary Havoc: 26-11-2008 19:19.

26-11-2008 19:14 Homepage of Binary Havoc
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

here lies Glim
R.I.P
passed away after eating a dodgy pasty

lol

__
My Sounds
26-11-2008 19:21
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Binary Havoc
I work for the company that does all the food and retail outlets on all UK rail stations.

have u ever considered giving the commuters something more healthy to eat?? ....ahem...like grapes maybe? Big Grin Big Grin if so u know where to come! Bigup Tongue lol!!

__

26-11-2008 19:27 Homepage of Ketz
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

job hunting , i want to do something in tourism (travelguide) but my french sucks massively , so i need to fix that first before i can do what i want.

doing my drivers courses

trying to get some money out of temporary work to get my fucking laptop and harddrive back , so i can finaly produce again and getting some gigs and some vinyls

trying to get some gigs out there !!! Big Grin hey hey hey, where my organisers at ?? i dont ask that much , and you'll get ya party stompin' in no time Devil

change my lifestyle into something decent , im a lazy fucking bastard ya know
26-11-2008 20:21
Sundancer Sundancer is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2721.png

Registration Date: 27-09-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.50

I'm a student in terminal year, plus I work as full time software developer (engineering software). I also work on a private game project and 3d engine as coder, (someday this might become an indie game). If the game thing works out, my dream (one of the many) would be to start a small indie game company.

Other than that, in my remaining time I also try to produce music. I was also planning to get into DJ-ing and even started looking what equipment to buy, but I have no time and energy for that too Smile

Peace,

Sundancer.

__
Add me up on MySpace (link changed): myspace.com/SundancerDnb
27-11-2008 12:22 Homepage of Sundancer
dip_registered dip_registered is a male
Benx

images/avatars/avatar-2657.gif

Registration Date: 19-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

hey! yeah, i study film & tv, going on my second year, and work at an art-house cinema. Everything in my life is film, except drum and bass!! fuck yea its a good thing to come home too Happy !

__
I'll edit ya face to sit tight there in the mix
27-11-2008 16:27 Homepage of dip_registered
the moneyshot the moneyshot is a male
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i am a taxi controller. guess i should of gone to school instead of dancing around all night of my face on drugs. oh well fuck it!! i get to sit around for 12 hours a day chatting online. Big Grin Big Grin
03-12-2008 11:04
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I sell vitamins and accupunture needles to Naturopathic Doctors and random celebrities like Ann Hathaway
8 hour days of taking orders, picking orders, packing orders and shippin them the fuck out,
pay is good and I just got a raise but the downside is have to pay for my bennys now $80 a month which is still pretty good and we finally have dental which is sweet

Im also working at a comic book store on the weekends (christmas cash)
I sit around for 4 hours, act like im doing work and then leave with a dvd,5 finger discount for employees Wink

when im not doing those things which is never it seems, I like go to bars, pick up girls, smoke phillys with the crew, and occasionally make some dnb Drummer

I also fix computers for dumb people who dont have a clue Huh

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
03-12-2008 15:07
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

^^^ rock n roll lifestyle! Rinse Rinse Rinse Rinse

__

03-12-2008 15:27 Homepage of Ketz
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by 2clix
I sell vitamins and accupunture needles to Naturopathic Doctors and random celebrities like Ann Hathaway
8 hour days of taking orders, picking orders, packing orders and shippin them the fuck out,
pay is good and I just got a raise but the downside is have to pay for my bennys now $80 a month which is still pretty good and we finally have dental which is sweet

Im also working at a comic book store on the weekends (christmas cash)
I sit around for 4 hours, act like im doing work and then leave with a dvd,5 finger discount for employees Wink

when im not doing those things which is never it seems, I like go to bars, pick up girls, smoke phillys with the crew, and occasionally make some dnb Drummer

I also fix computers for dumb people who dont have a clue Huh

Bigup nice nice
04-12-2008 16:50
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

fit fridges in co op's

work all over the damn place. travel n working away does my box in but the moneys good.

not a strong look sat in a van for 10 hours a day tho Mad

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

04-12-2008 17:41 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
philbee philbee is a male
Future beats for the streets

images/avatars/avatar-2742.jpg

Registration Date: 18-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I spend my days as a planteria supervisor in one of the largest garden centres in the country,I have a small team of peeps and we look after all the seasonal plants and sell to customers,this time of year its all about christmas trees!,i do all the day to day stuff like ordering,liasing with suppliers trouble shooting etc etc ,and get corperately butt fucked on the regular!!,it sounds easy but can be a very stressfull job at times and my main manager can be a bit of a tyrant,but the pay is good and im moving up the ladder so to speak so im cool with it,
on my off days i spend time with my mrs and boy,and try and get some studio time in when i can ,which is becoming alot more infrequent recently which is unfortunate btu thats life i suppose!! Big Grin

__
Philbee Soundcloud
05-12-2008 11:18 Homepage of philbee
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I work for a distributor of board, card, miniature and roleplaying games. I'm in charge of the IT department and have to decide which board games to carry.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

17-12-2008 10:53 Homepage of Surya
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

I do a temporary job now in a pharmacy-distributor as orderpicker , to save money for an external harddisk + laptop (+ car ?) . Until i know what i want to do for a living i keep continuing temporary jobs
17-12-2008 17:52
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » So what do you do in real life?