drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Need help!!! lol!
Go to the bottom of this page Need help!!! lol!
Author

Registration Date: 17-11-2008

Hey guys new to Drumnbass.be!

Been tryin to Produce my own Drum n Bass since 2005 with Reason and at the moment I'm stuck with what to do next. I have the want to create a new DnB track but the idea's I have feel borin to me now and I want to learn somethin different.

Here are a few of my released projects, please feel free to leave feedback on my page, and please be honest about what u think http://www.virb.com/sinistersource

Thanks for your time guys, appreciate it alot,

Drummer Sinister Source Drummer

__

http://www.virb.com/sinistersource
http://www.myspace.com/sinistersource

Devil
17-11-2008 10:43 Homepage of sinistersource
brucifer brucifer is a male
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

Will check your tunes another time.

How to get ideas:

Well personally, I don't really listen to much new dnb now days. Don't get me wrong, I love the hardware stuff,freak ect. Just don't buy it. Stuff on Ram just bores me nowdays, same with a lot of the other labels.

I find a lot of dnb is to pollished for me. I love the rawness from the early 90's, so that is what influenses me. Jungle/hardcore back then still rules to me and seemed far more experimental. Maybe check some out for ideas. I also love a lot of underground punk/grindcore/metal from back then. Nasty cheap DIY sound is what gives me the buzz.

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
17-11-2008 23:51
sinistersource sinistersource is a male

Registration Date: 17-11-2008

Thanks man will take ur advice!

I love the oldskool to but really love my Dark underground DnB these days stuff like Current Value, SPL, Evol Intent all the Mad Hard shit lol! Love my Dark DubStep to just started gettin into it lol! I have so many influences but just want to search for new idea's, would love to learn new techniques to as would help alot, I know its all about experimentin but find it easier to learn basic idea's so then I get my own technique goin.

I'm part of the DarkStep.org Net Label and need a new track up soon I have a couple of tracks but am findin it hard to finish em which is buggin me lol!

__

http://www.virb.com/sinistersource
http://www.myspace.com/sinistersource

Devil
18-11-2008 01:44 Homepage of sinistersource
the moneyshot the moneyshot is a male
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

new ideas:

blow your pc up, it worked for me!!! my compter went down a few weeks ago and now i have new ideas every fooking hour. trouble is no where to put them aaaaarrrrrrrrghhhhh.

but seriously taking a brerak for a few weeks and just listening to different stuff has helped me gain direction, cause when i come back im gonna make music that will have my dad spinning in his grave!!!
18-11-2008 18:48
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

quote:
Originally posted by the moneyshot
new ideas:

blow your pc up, it worked for me!!! my compter went down a few weeks ago and now i have new ideas every fooking hour. trouble is no where to put them aaaaarrrrrrrrghhhhh.

but seriously taking a brerak for a few weeks and just listening to different stuff has helped me gain direction, cause when i come back im gonna make music that will have my dad spinning in his grave!!!

I'm not sure there'll be enough room errr ...

Whatever.

Listening to different Genres is good or try your hand at something none DnB.

Try Here

__

18-11-2008 19:08 Homepage of Sentinel
PLaGuE CeLL PLaGuE CeLL is a male
Subwoofer on a Killing Spree

images/avatars/avatar-1457.jpg

Registration Date: 13-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

quote:
Originally posted by brucifer
I find a lot of dnb is to pollished for me. I love the rawness from the early 90's, so that is what influenses me. Jungle/hardcore back then still rules to me and seemed far more experimental. Maybe check some out for ideas. I also love a lot of underground punk/grindcore/metal from back then. Nasty cheap DIY sound is what gives me the buzz.

A man after me own heart! :p Can definitely vouch for this one man, its all about the grungy production! Somehow even the heaviest distorted bass these days sounds organized, as if the buzzing and chaos has been quantized Red Face Whatever happened to the mentasm.....

__
My Myspace
18-11-2008 22:15
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

Aye I like the lo-fi style too.

Nice and gritty.

Not too sure about for DnB mind but defo on the down-tempo stuff I listen to.

I like liquid vs grime approach to DnB so not sure lots of distortion and ticks & hisses would sound right on them but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.

HeHe.

eZ.

__

18-11-2008 23:01 Homepage of Sentinel
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

I suppose its even harder to create this "messy" sound that u guys describe "on purpose" nowadays - a technique in its own right maybe? Happy

although sorry guys - i prefer my chaos organised personally Tongue

oi Jay where u been dude??!! still not sorted ur blown up PC out?! Tongue

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ketz: 19-11-2008 10:28.

19-11-2008 10:07 Homepage of Ketz
GeeZZ
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 31-03-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

heres wat i wud listen to loads of stuff u like then listen to sum more, then more u really cant listen too much

then get a track you really like and listen to over n over then try an replicate it from scratch not allways as easy as u think.

listen to thru filltas sum times helps as well to get a real good idea wats goin on.

then when u got good at this really tryn 'hear' ideas before u start playing around

sumtimes people start with a beat then flick thru presets jammin away till they like sumink then build thats ok but sumtimes and happy accedents are cool but its betta to really have it in u head then replicate.

also wen u copiyin a tune (jus for practice n build u skill) u can sumtimes go off in a diff direction with it and end up with gud results

gud luck
21-11-2008 03:16
the moneyshot the moneyshot is a male
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
[i]
oi Jay where u been dude??!! still not sorted ur blown up PC out?! Tongue

im back, just got hold of a cheapo tower for now, got it yesterday. not ideal but it will do. got 4 straight days of real work then im back in the lab. didnt have no back up and havnt checked my old h/d yet so ive gotta start installin all my software and try and get hold of my fav plugins. but ill have summit soon!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
23-11-2008 07:28
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Need help!!! lol!