drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Casio MA-101 keyboard?
Go to the bottom of this page Casio MA-101 keyboard?
Author

Registration Date: 16-11-2008

Hi everyone, I have one question.
I have Casio MA-101 keyboard and i dont know how to connect it to my pc.
Do i need a driver, or software especialy for it? And I have Creative SB Live 5.1 sound card. in which input should i conect keyboard on sound card?
reply to me at:
email address removed to deter spambots
thanks a lot
16-11-2008 16:50
fokzik

Registration Date: 17-11-2008

Dude, as well as I know, It is a children's piano keyboard, and it is meaning 4 u it's a very cheap keyboard, that's why what have not digital hardware, it have only 5-pin midi out port, and phones output port (I don't much in English - and don't know how clear it for you). When you bought this device you must thinked about next:
1. You can bought midi hardware for you PC (from midi to usb), like a midisport or onemidi hardware
2. Or (I think that variant is better) buy normal midi-keyboard, and don't make a braindamage for yourself Big Grin

PS. That's variant need you if you do not want to get origianal sound from you keyboard and use it like a midi keyboard. And there is one more serious think, your Casio can't release sound, sound synt is for young children only, and it can't recognize pushing by you velocity.

__
*Drum'n'Bass Inside Me!
17-11-2008 10:28 Homepage of fokzik
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

If the unit only has a headphone out you have to use this to record the sound. Get a cable that matches the inputs of your sound card:

if your inputs are on jacks, get a stereo minijack to dual mono jack Y-cable.
if your inputs are on XLR, get a stereo minijack to dual mono XLR Y-cable.

You don't need to install any drivers on your computer. You do need some recording software (something like FL Studio, Ableton, Reason, Cubase, Logic etc). You can use any input of your sound card. Just select the right inputs in your recording software. (e.g. if you have hooked it up to inputs 5 and 6 choose these in your software).

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
18-11-2008 02:18 Homepage of thechronic
ironymp3

Registration Date: 16-11-2008

Ok tnx. I know it isn't worth a she*t... I have it for 10 years, i played it when i was young. lol I just wondered if i can make it work with comp just to have fun. ok thanks, bye
18-11-2008 18:30
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Casio MA-101 keyboard?