drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJs & MCs » Another Mc Question for the Crowd
Go to the bottom of this page Another Mc Question for the Crowd
Author
Steppa

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

A few weeks ago Oxidizer showed me some footage from ragga/dancehall gigs in Jamaica; Just imagine; a huge stage & soundsystem + a crazy crowd the size of Pukkelpop mainstage, maybe even bigger...

Nah what did these dancehall artists do to make the crowd particiapate to the fullest: they invented little dancemoves and gave 'm names! Still gonna look for some video I can post in here, but it were simple, but funny moves anyone could understand like;
-row the boat
-paint the ceiling
-pick a plate

In the video you could see thousands of people instantly followin' the mc on stage, performin' the silly dance goin' from one dance to another;;; and it fuckin' worked!!! no one was standing still, the entire crowd bumped along!!! without a doubt the spirit of dancehall 'n Jamaica have somethin' to do with it, but let me aks you this;

You think this could work in DnB? + would you participate if an mc starts it off?

__
www.dedkob.com
02-03-2004 10:52
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Nah, I like to do my own thing, and not have to think about anything else, so I certainly don't want to pay attention to an MC learning me how to dance.

I think it's a fun idear, but not for DnB. You could give it a try when you have a party where absolutely no one is dancing, but when the crowd is already dancing, leave them be...

At least, that's what I think...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

02-03-2004 11:17 Homepage of Surya
Mc D.O.C.
Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

I understand you to the fullest; but I don't see it as a "whole night thingy"... just with certains tunes::: for example "Nah start up your lawn mowers!" See it as a replacement for "show me some liiiiiiiiiighters", "I say Yo, you say Bo!", "throw some hoooooooooorns", "let me see your hands..." Just to get some crowd participation... without havin' to deal with the same old shouts/moves?

__
www.dedkob.com
02-03-2004 11:29
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

ROFL

This would be hilarious Big Grin The trick is to get everybody to understand that they have to follow your moves. I can imagine you jumping up and down on stage shouting 'come on start up your lawn mowers!! start em up!!' and everybody wondering what got into you Big Grin Big Grin

If I have enough alcohol in my veins I would surely participate Tongue

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
02-03-2004 11:34 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Would be funny indeed Big Grin
Maybe you should try it DOC, when you think the time is right, and see what responce you get! You never know, it might be just perfect Smile

But I do kinda wonder what "start your lawnmowers" looks like Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

02-03-2004 11:48 Homepage of Surya
Mc D.O.C.
Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

Yeah I know you won't get it now... cause you got to see the move first, then it gets a name and after that it can be used... gonna take some time, but still; we all know what it means when I would say; "throw some horns" and I would outstretch my arm, throwin' slayers at the skyline...

'bout that "start up your lawn mowers::: Y'all know how to start up a lawn mower, now? One arm outstretched towards the floor and rinse it up..; and again and again... But that's why I told you 'bout the video stuff... it's absolutley necessary that the mc can set the example::: in the video they even invite some people on stage to do the dance, so the entire crowd can understand what/how/when ; )

__
www.dedkob.com

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mc D.O.C.: 02-03-2004 11:58.

02-03-2004 11:53
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

it really sounds funny and i would prolly go along with tha vibe , if its strong enuf , but i'm pretty sure you could pull it off ...

i'm getting tired of those stereotype mc phrases anyway ( NOT that you use them hé Wink ) , it's time for a change Big Grin

now when i say " start" you say " land mower" Dance ROFL

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker
02-03-2004 14:10 Homepage of basslicious
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

(i think btw that the yellow dance icon can " fungeren" as the landmower sign Big Grin )

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker
02-03-2004 14:11 Homepage of basslicious
Scion Scion is a male
The Noize Squad

images/avatars/avatar-139.gif

Registration Date: 03-03-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I would love to see those moves Big Grin : If you're happy and you know it clap your hands *clapclap* Big Grin . I mos def would shake and laugh my ass off Cool

__
Power to the peaceful
02-03-2004 19:06
tommy87 tommy87 is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2004

ive seen that at a club at new years, they made us screw in light bulbs!! LOL thts funny
27-10-2004 11:22
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by Mc D.O.C.
-pick a plate

ROFL ROFL ROFL
That's sumthin me and some of my friends do!

1) pick a plate out of the box on the floor (leaning forward with ur arm stretched to da floor makin this plate searching movements)
2)yo dj, spin that wheel!!! (do like u lay up a plate and scratch, beatmatch/juggle it)

We like to call it "Luchtdeejayin" (airdj), like "luchtgitaar" (airguitar) for when ur not into rock or heavy metal

If u were @ sex with robots, that's what those spasmes were...

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 05-04-2005 21:29.

05-04-2005 21:27 Homepage of Friscko
Politix Politix is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 24-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

it sounds like fun but i think that when it comes to dnb...most people are happier dancing around at their own pace in their own little trips. Considering the state of some people...you might find it hard to get a decent response from the crowd anyway!...stick to the rhymes i say
18-08-2005 18:20
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJs & MCs » Another Mc Question for the Crowd