drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » OperA
Go to the bottom of this page OperA
Author
Making all the tunes your mum loves

images/avatars/avatar-2912.gif

Registration Date: 23-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.85

Everytime I try logging in with Opera, I go pass the loggin stage, try making a new thread or comment and a message comes up saying I need to log in. WTF Huh

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
13-10-2008 23:13
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Where do you log in? In the forum or in the login box on the site?

Have you tried clearing your cookies?

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
14-10-2008 01:01 Homepage of thechronic
brucifer brucifer is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

seems to be in the forum. I clean my cookies quite often. Logs in ok in ie8 though, but I don't like ie8... Devil

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
14-10-2008 01:36
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I used to have the same problems in FF. Best thing to do is set the AUTOLOGIN setting to YES (in your profile).

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
14-10-2008 11:56 Homepage of BattleDrone

Helpfulness rating: 

I can't sign in at all with opera now. Everytime I do, it says that I'm logged in but 'access denied' and that I need to sign in!!! WTF Mad

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
14-10-2008 13:39
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

That's not the normal behavior in Opera. Something else must be wrong. I can log in in Opera.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
14-10-2008 15:51 Homepage of BattleDrone
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

It's probably a cookie problem. It's very difficult to solve, I have tried to reproduce this in Opera in the past but never encountered any trouble logging in or out in Opera. Since I can't reproduce it I don't know what is going wrong in Opera. In any case the cookie system the site uses is extremely simple and should be as error proof as possible. It just stores your user ID and a hash (an encrypted fingerprint) of the password, if this matches with the database you are logged in, if it doesn't you are logged out. This should work 100% fine in all browsers (and does so except the occasional hiccup that is reported in Opera).

What you can try is to log out using the login form on the website (not the forum). This will delete your dnbbe cookies. Then log in using the login form on the website. This will create a fresh set of cookies. Then go to the forum and see if it works.

Are you logged in in the site? Can you see the user options, can you upload tracks? I have not programmed the forum myself unfortunately, there could be a bug in there. I'll do some googling.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
15-10-2008 00:05 Homepage of thechronic

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks Chronic. Something I have noticed is that if I close Opera, when it's playing up and start it again, it then logs in automatically without the 'access denied' problem. Huh

I also have trouble uploading track in Opera aswell. No idea why Huh Confused They just fail at the last moment.... Devil

This is the only site I use Ie on Big Grin

__
Drink Drool Gaga Tomato
16-10-2008 08:01
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

I had trouble with opera in the past and thechronic maybe remembers, something like yours where Im logged in on the site but not logged in certain pages. that was really shit since you cant just log in at any page, a popup page would ask me to log in so I do, but on the next page Im again - logged out. so I just stopped using it

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
16-10-2008 10:35 Homepage of cynik
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

I have never experienced login problems on this site using opera, but I must say I always use the "remember me" (or something like that) option. Only problems I had on this site are some occasional rendering problems, but Chronic has always been able to fix those.

Have you tried clearing your profile in opera? If you upgrade between versions, sometimes some rubbish of older versions is kept in your profile, and prevents some newer functions/bugfixes from working properly.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
16-10-2008 20:27 Homepage of djfreemc
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » OperA