drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » this weeks top voters?
Go to the bottom of this page this weeks top voters?
Author
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

hi guys, just a question. in this weeks top voters yesterday i did 22 votes and today when i logged in it said 18 votes. how does it work ???

like i said just curious. Big Grin
09-10-2008 08:22
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

i think it must work like it updates the past 7 days worth of votes or sumthin like that.... Roll Eyes although i've decided to stop voting recently, don't wanna piss anyone off lol

__

09-10-2008 11:06 Homepage of Ketz
the moneyshot the moneyshot is a male
str8 outa nocash

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Ketz
although i've decided to stop voting recently, don't wanna piss anyone off lol

why? did you piss someone off with your honesty??
09-10-2008 11:37
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

lol I hope not! I try and be as positive as I am honest, this is a support site for dnb producers after all but tbh there's loads of peeps who have put up really nice tunes and got low ratings for them, i also know a lot of good producers have stopped posting their tunes up here because of this reason (either that or they are on to bigger and better things - or both!!), but at the end of the day, its just a star (or 5 if ur lucky hehe) in cyber space and its not exactly a fair panel, everyone has different ideas on what sounds good and what doesn't, and u also have the random vote factor where some guests just do as they please and mess the system up on the odd occassion.

really what i'm saying is i don't wanna get involved in the politics of it all, so if i see a tune where i agree with the rating i won't vote, if i see a tune that the vote doesn't reflect how i feel about the tune, then i may intervene and cast my vote..

man feel like i'm on big brother - i should get banned from the house for discussing voting in public! Big Grin Big Grin

__

09-10-2008 11:56 Homepage of Ketz
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

HaHa Ketan you muppet !!! Huh Big Grin

Being all righteous and shit ! Tongue

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sentinel: 09-10-2008 13:39.

09-10-2008 13:38 Homepage of Sentinel
CULTURE BOY CULTURE BOY is a male
v v v iv a record missing

images/avatars/avatar-2361.jpg

Registration Date: 12-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.83

yo ketz if people cant take a bit of honesty about there tracks then their not gonna go very far are they mate! Wink

__
www.myspace.com/cultureboydnb
soundcloud

09-10-2008 14:48 Homepage of CULTURE BOY
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by CULTURE BOY
yo ketz if people cant take a bit of honesty about there tracks then their not gonna go very far are they mate! Wink

very true! funny enough I'm always more interested in the negative comments than the positive ones! Happy but that don't mean y'all have to keep slating my tunes jus to keep me happy Tongue lol!

__

09-10-2008 14:55 Homepage of Ketz
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

Aye CB I think the point that was being put across mind is the fact that some people don't vote fairly based on the fact that they don't like said sub-genre/style, or maybe they just vote bad for a laugh and then you get some of the new dotbe peoples who just vote random 5 times and copy paste the same review for each of the tracks so they can get producer class.

Shit like that fucks with the voting system.
So aye if you don't like a track just because you don't like the genre then I guess it's better not to vote at all.

Vote on production quality, not preferred taste. Tongue

¿Eiiing? Huh Big Grin Tongue

__

09-10-2008 15:51 Homepage of Sentinel
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I vote a lot and try to be fair and honest. When I upload a tune I notice that I get the full treatment though, people judge me harder than some others I guess.
I guess those guys upload their tunes to get worshipped and they hate it when someone mentions them that there's work to be done on their tune.
Oh well Happy

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
09-10-2008 20:01 Homepage of BattleDrone
Ketz Ketz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
I get the full treatment though, people judge me harder than some others I guess.

True BD u were robbed on ur Metamorphosis tune!Tongue Big Grin but yeah i guess at the end of the day the comments are what make this a great place to upload tunes, i haven't really had any better indepth feedack from elsewhere Big Grin

__

09-10-2008 20:07 Homepage of Ketz
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by the moneyshot
hi guys, just a question. in this weeks top voters yesterday i did 22 votes and today when i logged in it said 18 votes. how does it work ???

like i said just curious. Big Grin

If you did 22 votes yesterday (and none the rest of the week) and you are seeing 18 today it is possible that 4 of the tracks have been removed due to copyright issues, or on request of the producer.

What's more likely is that you have done those 4 missing votes more than 7 days ago. It just counts the total of votes cast in exactly the last 7 days, so even a vote that is 7 days and 1 second old will disappear from this list.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
10-10-2008 20:57 Homepage of thechronic
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
really what i'm saying is i don't wanna get involved in the politics of it all, so if i see a tune where i agree with the rating i won't vote, if i see a tune that the vote doesn't reflect how i feel about the tune, then i may intervene and cast my vote..

Then you should definitely vote Big Grin It would help to reinforce the rating.

The more votes the better it works, I think you will find that if you do not agree with a rating that it only has a few votes, and it will improve when some more votes are cast.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
10-10-2008 21:04 Homepage of thechronic
the moneyshot the moneyshot is a male
str8 outa nocash

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
quote:

Then you should definitely vote Big Grin It would help to reinforce the rating.

The more votes the better it works, I think you will find that if you do not agree with a rating that it only has a few votes, and it will improve when some more votes are cast.

arhhhgh yeah thanks for that all makes sense to me now.
13-10-2008 10:27
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » this weeks top voters?