drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Processing Rides
Go to the bottom of this page Processing Rides
Author
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

ez peeps, wanted to pick ur brains a bit again Tongue Now I'm pretty comfortable with my kicks, snares, hihats, shuffles etc etc but the one element in a beat that I have yet to truly get my head round is rides... I have come close but never really acheived the desired effect with these babies.

My question is - how do u all deal with them? specifically how do u process them?

I've tried a whole load of things and still am yet to get them to "fit" seamlessly in my beats, obvisouly cutting the sustain is one thing i normally do (just slightly), tried high passing for more shine, even put distortion on them once, its hard to describe the effect I normally try to get its that "klangy" effect like metalic rolling effect just never seem to be able to get it right. I know u can play with a couple notes etc etc but still I know I can improve a lot in this area.

Any tips on how you guys deal with rides?

peace

__

01-10-2008 09:36 Homepage of Ketz
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

i do pretty much all the things you do, some times try to alternate between slighty different sounding rides ie. the same ride but hit at the bell and not the edge to give it a more human feel.

Failing that just use a break that has rides in it Big Grin

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

01-10-2008 10:43 Homepage of D2o
the moneyshot the moneyshot is a male
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i seen people using ez drummer and other such software for rides and crashes. they have loads of versions of the same cymbal hit in various differnt places. and they sound really good in ez drummer.
01-10-2008 11:33
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Processing Rides